Thinking of Returning to Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Typhus, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Typhus Elder

Hello everyone, I am thinking of returning to Mischief again. How is the early game, group wise right now and are there still plenty of guilds raiding current content and doing back progression for returning/ new players?
  2. Chopsuey Augur

Early groups are probably few and far between. Main reason is that it's just so easy to level nobody really stays low level for long. Can either have fun buying some twink gear or just hire a journeyman tank merc that will basically powerlevel you to 70 pretty easily.

As far as guilds, there are still quite a few raiding guilds. Backflagging isn't much of an issue in current content, SoD. You can get your Korafax flag by group content and that pretty much gets you anywhere you need to go. There might be some guilds that still do the progression raids at times, but the only thing you would miss out on are a few rank 3 spells if you don't get the progression raids all done.

My suggestion. Start out, hire a tank merc. Check out guilds as you level that fit your play times/style and get in a guild asap.
  3. Lineater Augur

Not sure about the group game, but there are still lots of active raid guilds.
  4. Kutsuu Augur

Population is the biggest I've ever seen on a TLP in this era, and I'm really enjoying it myself.

Group-wise, a large portion of players box and/or group mostly with guild members. IMO for the best experience, you should consider boxing (at least 2-3) or trying to find friends / guild quickly.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I feel the need to add stress to this suggestion. Even if you're a tank, you can rely on a tank merc to get you through at least to level 65 without issues. You'll obviously want to get your defensive skills up, but it's easy to change the merc's role to main tank (on a TLP, since you're All Access/Gold) if you need to have the heat taken off you briefly. Make sure to have plenty of potions and bandages to mitigate your down time. You would have to go to Crescent Reach for the lower level distillate potions, but I recommend the red direct heal potions, alacrity, replenishment (regen), and spirituality (mana/hp regen that stack). It's been many a year since I could last consider myself an expert on alchemy, so ask around if there is something you can get to help regen your endurance bar.

Also, if you have two merc slots (you should) you can hire a healer, if only for the hp/AC buffs. If you want to take a safer route, you could just stick with a healer merc, but you will advance much more slowly.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™