Thinking of playing the free version. (Well I’m silver member)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Goth, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Goth Augur

So I logged in and noticed that just about all of my gear does not work. Disappointed as it was last year’s HoT group gear… and what’s up with all the augs being prestige (AC augs anyway). I was at least pleased that my AA still work and I was max HoT AA..

So do many of you guys play free mode? I wasn’t really sure what to do. I more or less have to start over in the gear department if I want to play free. Anyone have any tips? Do you make some other alt account and level a healer and use them instead of the lame Apprentice 5 mercs?

It’s been a while is there any new guide sites?

Anyone know if VoA is going to be free when the next expansion is released? Is the AA limit going to go up any time soon for free/silver accounts?
  2. jarsh92 Elder

Is your gear marked as red or purple? If its purple, you can still use it as only the aug is the prestige item. Then just replace the augs as you get different non-prestige ones.

Ive been playing with the free accounts (silver) and have enjoyed it so far. Guess it just depends on what you want to get out the game. My A5 healer hasn't had much problem keeping my mages pet up during tanking.
  3. Goth Augur

All of my gear is red... it was T4 i think HoT group gear.. All but 2 augs were not prestige.
    I think my goal was to do as much content as i can equip. So i am guessing for now some how get back into HoT T2 gear.. then if VoA becomes free i will try and get VoA T2 gear. I have no idea if that is even possible using free accounts.

if not i will just play around in old content like LDoN.

I was also thinking of xfering to FV server so i have more options of gear to buy. I have a bagillion plat over my limit so i guess i need to spend it. Whats up with the silly plat limits lol
  4. jarsh92 Elder

Yea, you would have to get the earlier tier stuff.

Double check on FV, but I think that might be a gold only server.
  5. Fhiele Augur

FV is not a gold only server. Thats the TLP servers, Vulak and Fippy.
  6. BrandeX Journeyman

Only if you don't want to use the points from LDoN is it any good. Everything bought with points, and all dropped augs are prestige (DoN too), but at your level I would guess you will grab at least a set of defiant, so I would work on getting the non-prestige hotzone augs instead.
  7. iniari-TR Augur

no idea if voa will be added to free content for FTP players. could be added at time of rof release or later in the cycle.
    i doubt aa / plat limits will be changed anythime soon if at all.
    no idea if voa gear will be changed to non-prestige.
    the benifit of the FV server is that most gear can be bought / sold.
    the downside is most things on the server are very expensive.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you do not own VoA then I would secondly suggest getting RoF which will give you both VoA and RoF. But even if you don't there are a number of VoA T1 pieces you can buy, Plate look All/All armor for visibles. They might be a little below HoT T4 but will be better in other aspects. You can buy them all in the bazaar assuming you have a fairly large pile of money and watch for bargains and not just buy it at whatever the lone reseller has it set to at the moment.