Thinking of playing shaman on Aradune, have questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MightyUnclean, Sep 14, 2020.

1. MightyUnclean Elder

Hey folks,

I'm thinking of playing a shammy on Aradune, for something different and because I figure it may be easier to get a group than if I went pure DPS. I have a couple of questions. First of all, how challenging a class is it to play in groups and in raids? Do you have to have quick reflexes and great situational awareness? Second, when do shamans start healing, and how difficult is it to heal? Basically, I don't want to suck and end up getting people killed.

Thanks!
  2. Xhartor Augur

Always use Torpor when healing Monk's.
  3. Healiez Augur

Shaman is probably the only class that is even remotely capable of keeping my interest if I am only playing one toon.

You should always be doing something.
    Tossing a dot, tossing a heal, canni dancing, re-debuffing.

Nothing in this game for a long time requires what I would call quick reflexes or good situational awareness, not until like omens at the earliest.

On the grouping note, the class you pick might help some, but low levels groups are so few and far between. People arent playing low level toons. Also most people with alts have them at 50 already from 3 months of classic.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've played most classes and shaman is easily one of the busiest if you want to be, and also most powerful. Nobody can really debate that shaman are not top 3 most op class to velious. They just get too many good tools.

They can heal ok but they really shine with slow because they make healing infinitely easier if you're a quick slower.

Tons of tabbing around and canni.... you never sit really. If you want quick groups but a little lazier then cleric is probably the best bet. They're the best healers and that just never changes through level 100.
  5. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

shamans are awesome to play and are great if you want to keep busy. really fun toolkit and you can solo damn near anything if you know what you're doing. the efficiency drops pretty hard if you aren't willing to be casting "something most of the time", though. if you have the micromanagement to time canni casts between server ticks you'll have more mana than you ever know what to do with. Bind Wound is low key super useful while leveling too now that they adjusted how fast it skills up.
  6. Silver-Crow Augur

Shamens are great, but they're a pain in the to play on a raid till they start getting longer lasting buffs. Very powerful class, and always welcome in groups.