Thinking of joining LJ or Ragefire, some concerns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rayvorn, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Rayvorn Elder

So I realized after playing on the new server, that I just don't have the time or patience to level on that server:p I've also seen that "true box" is just a myth and while I would of loved to leave my box crew behind, I much rather be able to use it with less limitations. I also messed around on Phinny for a bit and it does feel like that server is so far ahead it's going to take a lot to catch up.

With omens coming out in a month, I feel like I have plenty of time to catch up and get Omen ready.

But I have some concerns and wanted to get the opinions of people who play there.

There is a drastic difference in Krono prices on each server. 50k on LJ and 130k on ragefire. Is this just a pure population driven thing? Both servers are at the exact same point in expansions correct? I feel like there was 200+ in general chat on LJ and that seems healthy but I haven't played on the server to know if this is a mirage?

On ragefire I saw someone selling murmaite sleeve armor for 70k. Meaning they are just farming the camp and selling the Loot rights. Is this the norm? Are the camps perma locked by someone and you can't go get the items yourself without having to get lucky for the camp to be free? Not sure how I feel if i want to progress on my epic or farm some runes/gear and everything is camped by box crews. I don't have anything against box crews but not looking for an artificial gate to get caught up. I've heard from many post that the servers are "playing nice" with everyone but was hoping someone could expand on this being true or not?

Lastly, I was wondering if there are any EU/Aussie guilds or US morning/afternoon guilds on either server. 7am PST-2pm PST is the times I am looking for raids due to my work schedule. Finding a guild would help drive more what server I am looking for.

Thanks in advance.
  2. phattoni Augur

there is only one major box crew on lj, and he doesnt lock down camps.

you wont see muramite armor being sold in general, people still need/want it and very little of it is going to alts/boxes.

there is no euro population that im aware of, its all american, and most guilds raid around 9pm est or so, maybe earlier.

most camps are open on lj, i have yet to run into a camp i wanted that was taken for more than a few hours.

cant speak for rf sorry.

krono on the other hand, i can only chalk that up to greed, they have been 50k on lj for a few expansions, every now and then you will see some guy come around trying to raise the prices of krono, these people are literally laughed off the server.
  3. Trotts Journeyman

On RF we usually have 300-400 in general.

• 6 guilds are currently clearing Tacvi, most have anywhere from 10-100+ actual players (three are splitting it). Several guilds are 3 days a week, one is EU hours.
    • Muramite armor is being sold but don't worry the main pick regularly has goats just sitting up, usually the sellers are bored guilds farming their guild picks (we usually have 4-8 Qvic picks open)
    • Old world stuff is rarely kept on lock down, I do see people knocking those targets off occasionally so there is some competition but not as if you would be forced to purchase them
    • Krono prices are higher because we have a ton of people trying to fund their playtime within EQ to run their extra accounts, in my opinion. Also I think there are just more plat farmers (teams setup in high vendor value zones exping all day) on Ragefire so inflation is significantly higher.
  4. Grebhiker Lorekeeper

Lockjaw does have a lower population but there are people right now moving over to LJ from Agnarr and other servers so we are not #deadserver.

* 2 Guilds have cleared Tacvi -FI and DHS. Two other guild are clearing through GoD content (MP and Damage).
    *Muramite and most things not really sold on LJ. Once in a while you will see people advertise a drop but more often than not it is a advertisement for stuff just rotting and to come and grab it.
    * People are killing Kunark Dragons and such fairly regularly but not like it is one person monopolizing it.
    * Being in a guild will dramatically increase your chances of grouping (I group everyday with at least 2-5) other REAL live people in the group. You experience may be different.

If you want a exp camp the likelihood of it being open is really really really high.
  5. yukan Augur

Camps are not perma camped on Ragefire. The reason you see Msha armor for sale is guilds have agreements to keep picks up and pretty much stay out of each others way. The vast majority of Qvic flagged guilds finished their Msha farming pretty early on into the expansion.

To my knowledge there is no Euro guild on Lockjaw. Darkwind is still active on Ragefire though, give them a shot. Typical raids in the past started around 1 pm EST for them, but I'm not sure what they are now.
  6. Curley Journeyman

You can check out Darkwind on Ragefire. We raid 3-4 nights a week 7pm cet-11.30pm cet, Tacvi once a week. Everything's dead, Jim.

Omens of War expected around 30th April, if all goes well.

Chat to Shalafi/Minijoe in game.
    https://www.darkwind-gaming.com
  7. Sabi New Member

So do people actually pug group on RF/LJ or is it like live servers where you better bring your boxes to get anything done. I'm fine with boxing, it doesn't bother me, I just don't like to box because I haven't found a rhythm to it I guess. I prefer to play one toon or maybe 2. I'm wondering what it's like leveling up on RF/LJ and if there's actually anyone playing together to level.

To get things done is it a must to box?
  8. phattoni Augur

old stuff you might be required to box, i commonly group with level 43+ in paw on lj.

old stuff like old seb etc you may have to box because almost no one goes there any more other than to kill Trak and farm nodding blue lillies.

ive had no problems getting stuff done solo as a necromancer, join a guild you will get a lot done without boxing.
    Sabi likes this.
  9. Sabi New Member

Thanks for the reply!
  10. Kattria Minx Augur

I think a lot of people in the high end game tend to group with their guild most of the time, BUT I know for a lot of us, we also group with people outside of guild. It's how we meet other people and help maintain friendly relations, IMO. LDONs, KT, Paw are where I see most of the LFG notices going out in General chat.
  11. Bewts Augur

If you level to 65 quickly on LJ, a set of Muramite is easily obtained and then you can fill the rest by joining FI or DHS.

That’ll set you up for Omens; you’ll be FAR behind on AA, but with a box crew that’s not an impossible hurdle to clear.

FI is very melee heavy, so an INT caster or maybe a chain class would see you geared in a matter of a month or so. You can absolutely forget about a main that wears plate and initially playing a key role on raids such as MT. FI runs a concept of Declared Alts or really, Second Mains which are used to split Time (when we were in PoP) and now Tacvi. In many cases our Second Mains are equally or better geared than most Mains not in FI. In example we run between 4-5 warriors in a Tacvi split half of which are of the Alt variety that actively rotate through trash/named MT roles.

Can’t speak for DHS, but they are well established as #2 on the server. Opinion varies on how “distant” of a #2 they are; but they’ve cleared all in-era content in era for Luclin, PoP and now GoD (once FI backed off controlling bottleneck mobs).

It is true that some Agnarr folks are setting up for the transition from that time locked dead server to join LJ, so best get grinding to find a role in FI come Omens.

DHS is a bit more casual and raids 3ish times a week. FI formally raids 4 days a week (off Wed, Sat Sun), with “pickup” or non-raid attendance raids that award DKP only on the off nights. The rate at which Txevu respawns keeps us pretty busy, even on off nights.

Note that LJ/RF are now in 90 day unlocks, so the rate at which mudflation will impact your characters will be directly correlated to how often you can play. A weekend warrior just won’t keep up going forward.
  12. Gremin Augur

Thanks Bewts for the props. We have cleared all expansions in era.

We are more casual but it's how we want it. DHS is more about the ride with our guild then anything else. We are still looking to fill some slots on our 54 man raids.
  13. Turinbar Augur

Ragefire is dead. I played there and if guild groups weren't happening, or a box group didn't let you in..you could forget about finding a group that night. There are like 8 people in gen chat typically. Cornaiv is awesome.
  14. Raltar Augur

We have 350-400 in general chat every night. There are groups. You just need a guild to get them at lower levels. Ragefire will do just fine without you, though.
    Kattria Minx likes this.