thinking of coming back

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hingabe, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Hingabe Augur

I played from 1999 to either late 2014 or early 2015. The last expac I bought was when they introduced heroic adventures. I used to 3box bard (main) and mage/necro (boxes). Is it worth coming back, or should I just play the tutorial until I get my fix? This has been my longest hiatus, but now for some reason I'm fixated on EQ content.. nothing has filled the void.. elder scrolls online on ps4 has been nice, but no game gives me what EQ used to.
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Since you box and arent lfg constrained i would say come back, last few expansions have been pretty good imo. Its a lot more of the heroic adventures.
    Its typical progression of skills/armor as im sure you remember, same stuff just better versions, but they did add some cool things like dicho spells (really strong), and others.

You may be a little disappointed in your necros dps, but still a capable group comp.
  3. Hingabe Augur

My original server was Erolissi Marr. I'm thinking about swapping to firiona vie or test because it seems like Emarr always has low population. But it makes me sad thinking about leaving my home server.
    What Are DICHO spells?
  4. Leigo You come here often?

Dicho spells are the newest "class" item/ability from the devs. Since they've made it quite clear they have no interest in a new epic line.
    Each dicho does something different and gives a tip of the hat to said class.

As for server, I'd recommend fv over test. Test is an interesting place to play, but as it's intended for testing changes, you'll run into lag, down Time and bugs more often then live. Fv has the xp bonus and 90% of the loot is tradables, so it's a good place to catch up or reroll and quickly rejoin the current content.
  5. Hingabe Augur

Just downloaded the launcher, looks like I'm 100%into lvl100, last expac was cotf, do I 'have' to have EOK to get into HH old seb?
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

i would think yes
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I don't think you need EoK for HH Seb. It's the same zone in the original Kunark location, just with different mobs.
  8. Alekzandre Augur

Welcome back! You will not find another game that gives you that feeling that EQ did, and will continue to in different ways. I looked everywhere, the game does not exist. Think about what you spent in looking at all those other games! Spend less here and add another all access account, get some big bags. You can then 4 box and stay out for long periods without banking.

There is so much to do in this game, and the world is so big, you will never run out of things to do.

I had a ton of fun making toons that are classes I did not play before and leveling them from level 1. Some I boxed, like a Shaman and an SK I leveled up to 80, and still play. Some I soloed and moloed like the Necro.

Make a toon a Trade Skill expert.

Explore all those zones you never went to, really explore them. You will find things that you never knew were there. I found a place in Netherbian Lair, that you can shrink and wiggle into, that has a switch type thing in it. I could not get out, so I had to get a GM to get me out (this was many years ago). The GM asked me how I found this place, I told him, and he had no idea it even existed or what it was.

Play to have fun, don't worry about PLing to highest level.

I am currently going through the expansion progression from SOD onward, as I really only did a little here, and a little there.

Then, mix it up some and play some EQ2. You will have the All Access accounts and can have a ton of fun there to. EQ2 is also very big in land area and quests.

I go back and forth some.

The community at EQ and EQ2 is much better than what you can find in the new games (although not like it used to be). I played Black Desert, Archeage, Neverwinter, Dungeon and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings online,Final Fantasy, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls, Rift, Perfect World games, etc, etc, etc (I find GW2 and GW are still fun, but not EQ). I even went back and played Silkroads just for grins and yes it still exists. These games were fun to experience in general, but just did not do it for me like EQ. The graphics are better in some, like Archeage and Black Desert, but the Community in both of those games are terrible, and both have extensive play to win cash shops, especially Archeage (and Perfect World, Rift).

I guess my rambling point is, you can play EQ any way you want, go afk anytime you want without getting ganked by a hord of pre-teens, not have to buy cash shop items to survive, ect.

Have fun!