Thinking about starting fresh

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by cabales360, Oct 19, 2012.

1. cabales360 New Member

Played years ago up to about maybe GoD, but never really raided. I'm thinking about coming back, but I'm curious how much of the new content released since I left I might be able to get a chance to actually experience. I'm particularly curious about all the missions fromt he various expansions. I don't necessarily have to do them at the level appropriate times, but I'd like a chance to experience those expansions.

Is it reasonable to expect to either be able to do these solo or to get groups to experience them? I'm thinking about a lot of the content for expansions I missed like Depths of Darkhollow and Dragons of Norrath. I'm guessing nobody runs this stuff anymore? I'm more concerned about the dungeons and the missions than raid content. I remember LDoN pretty much prevented people from doing those missions solo no matter how high you levelled. Do these later expansions gate the content in a similar fashion?

Also, how realistic is it to be able to start fresh and join pick up groups as I play casually. My schedule can be a real mess and I can't really be locked into playing at certain times. I need to be able to drop in and play whenever I have the time, which is why raiding doesn't typically work for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Borek-VS Augur

In most cases, you can overlevel and then go back and solo content - the obvious exception is Nagafen and Vox, with the level 52 cap. Some content requires a group to access (no problem with a friend or second account), and some a raid of six player characters to access.

You can pretty much solo most of DoN progression that way, certainly up to the final raids; same goes for DoD. LDoN similarly isn't a problem. With mercs and a second account, the group stages are all available to you.

There aren't many pick up groups, unless you form them yourself. Most grouping has been within guilds only for several years.
  3. cabales360 New Member

That sounds encouraging. About how far, expansion wise, do you think it would be possible to solo single group content with one gold account, one silver account, and a merc? The Buried Sea, Underfoot?

Just to clarify, I love to group, I just suspect that it will be difficult to get people to go back and run through this older content and I still want to see it eventually.
  4. Draconic Journeyman

Hello Cabales, You can always join us on Trakanon. Progression X is a casual raiding progression guild. We are currently in PoP lvl capped at 65. We are always looking for new recruits!
  5. jarsh92 Elder

You should easily be able to get up to SoD. Probably even do SoD. If you can get geared up good enough you can even move further, but after SoD the mobs really gain a bunch of power.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Group content all through SoD - although you would want to be over-levelled and geared. It might depend a little on class choice as well.