Thinking about coming back..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jimmy2times, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Jimmy2times Elder

Which server is good to start on for a friendly community and a community people still interact. I am not interested in the TLP servers at this time. I hear bristlebane has a good population. I will also be starting from scratch again so I am concerned about the economy and how much things will cost.

Thanks for any tips or pointers.
  2. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Xegony also has a pretty good population.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

The economy on any live server is skewed to an amount you cannot farm really. I suggest buying a Krono or two and selling, if a life server is your intention.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Bristle or FV. I used to be on bristle now on fv. I stay away from tlp server too :)

Andarriel
  5. Quill Augur

If he's coming back, then he probably has max loyalty crowns. You can use that to get bags of platinum on a new server to get initial coin. Make sure to remember to go through /claims to see if you have a free mount and items from expansions past. If you don't have a mount in claim, buy one through SC. It'll help greatly in the early game before you have innate run speed.

Level up through LDoN(starts at level 15, and you'll need to lookup the initial trigger quest for it) and you get like 10-30pp a kill depending on level and with mercs you have to try to die to die doing it. That doesn't even include the vendor loot. When you hit 70, you'll need to find some way to get through Into The Fire(b) and its largely hogrolling Gribbles and TBM. Gribbles in particular gives you a TON of AA if you freeze the level. There are 3 Heroics that can be done in under an hour in two-box and you like do the first, and then hit lesson just before you complete the second, and complete the third before it runs out. That gives like 100+ AA in total.

You'll also make currency for temp gearing.

That's not to say you can't buy a Krono if you want some cash, but it isn't required.

I wouldn't try it solo, but two-box works well. Once you hit 100, you'll probably want a third-box if you want to be self-sufficient up to 110.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Luclin has one of the 2 largest family style guilds in game. Black Dragon Legion. nearing 5000 characters.. very Friendly, PG rated because some are under 18.. raiding not mandatory, but an option for those who are 110, they raid in 2 alliances, Wednesday nights and Saturday nights.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your in the US I'd go Xegony, has a large family guild and 2 of the best raid guilds. Whatever your play style this in my opionion is your best option.
  8. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

What's this about Loyalty Coins and bags of platinum?

I've been running up a 2-box on Live and while it's generally easy enough to get plat for spells and such, when I go to Bazaar and need an item for a Beginner Tradeskill trophy and see a common foraged item listed for 1500 plat, I do start to think having a chunk of plat to sit on for things like that would be useful, but it's not a common enough occurrence for me to buy a Krono to sell for plat yet.

I don't really have much interest in buying gear in the Bazaar at this point. I'm doing fine farming things myself. It would be more for the tedious stuff.
  9. Scorrpio Augur

If you are on subbed account, you can buy 'bag of platinum' at loyalty vendor for about 400-something crowns. Those are worth abouth 15kpp which is chump change in grand scheme of things.

I am currently working through Ubderfoot shawl quests, and I find those zones rather plat rich. 100-200pp gems almost every kill, with 360pp gems pretty common. Also, tons of higher quality ores/pelts/silks which sell fairly well on bazaar.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would suggest Xegony also. And if you are looking for a guild very returning player friendly look us up. Lions of the Heart. We also do daily buffs in pok for all levels so sitting a toon there will help a lot in those early levels.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Evertrek Augur

sadly luclin is dead except for endgame raiders at prime time.

20th anniversary is more of a marketing event, nothing really interesting given back to the player base for 20 years of loyalty. 2 more TLPs to pull in the OCD players but not really wanted. $20 bag package offered in the name of 20 years of EQ.

sadly live is only for raiding these days. you need to box to solo and it's rare to find active PUGs during any time other than prime time. ESO expansion is good and WoW classic server maybe fun while the hordes of players return until the novelty wears off.... good luck.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What is ESO expansion? And WOW classic server? Ah well on to EQ -

A lot depends on how you play. I take a slower path - doing many quests and when hit level 20 I start the daily kill 5 mobs. This nets me enough plat to keep up with spells and other things.

Plus they (DBG devs) made the game easier so the plat income now more closely follows the levels you are at.
    Most of your level appropriate armor or weapons and even spells have quests or missions that will net you what you need. Some tradeskill stuff you come across will sell very well to folks in barter so you can earn more plat that way.

But if you are in a hurry then by all means buy that Krono and outfit yourself in baz with stuff that will be outdated as you level. ;) making it a vicious circle. I do buy some armor in baz but not until characters are over level 100 and plat is not a problem by then.