THESE HOT ZONES.........

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xerzist, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Xerzist Augur

Can we please get new hotzones? Don't they change every (12) months?

They are so bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

I'm getting bored.
    Phyros likes this.
  2. Koutarou Elder

I'd be in favor of getting rid of them altogether if it'd stop the constant whining.
    Langya, FcsevenXIII, Razzak and 13 others like this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If this is the case then I would strongly suggest that you try back about the middle of March, seeing as the last time (that I recall) them being changed was when F2P went live which was March 16, 2012.
  4. Yther Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones Dec 14, 2011 And some 2-3 years ago, they said they were going to change them every 3-4 months, but that never happened either, as it pretty much stayed 6 months or more between changes.

Yther Ore.
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Talif Augur

The other thread about this had a dev response that was basically "they're on the list, but way down in priority, they take longer than you think they do, don't expect it soon".
  6. Xerzist Augur

That doesn't make much sense. What takes time? Are they talking about this "swap" being queued on a server somewhere on a priority list? Cause, I consider the hot zones (zones in which many levels run to for groups and XP at harder levels) to be a pretty decent issue. No game should revolve around the same x amount of zones for 12+ increments.

Not to say that I can't go to a different zone, but I like to play with people. Not box a bunch of alts. Just my 2 cents imo.
  7. Talif Augur

It's the creation of the quests and the special drops that takes the time. While I think most people would be happy with just them bumping the ZEM and never adding another quest or special drop, it's not something they appear to be willing to consider. And it's not queued on a server or anything, just talking about their to-do list.
  8. Shang Augur

Yes, I need a new zone to combat and fight level 70s in for the best experience in the game, as well.
  9. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Oh, YAY! It's this thread again! Ya know, I was just thinking to myself: "Self, what we really need is some kind of weekly thread for Hot Zones." After the last one got locked out by the devs, I was sure no one else would start another. See? That's what makes MMO's so great, you never know what the player base is going to do next, but smart money would be on rehashing the same topics over and over and over and over and over.

Since this has been handled, I'm hoping we see a thread on either class nerfing, DPS or how to solo raids, I've not seen one of them for at least five minutes. But, my money will be on attacking Sony because the subscription fee should be used for something they want and they feel it entitles them to give input into the game.

There should be some sort of Stock Market for threads on what's trending and when since the same subjects are just rehashed in cycles. And, this goes for every MMO, not just EQ.
  10. Falos Augur

I just hope the next set of hotzones dont have any ideal headshot or swarming locations.

I have a ranger but i very very rarely headshot for the sake of exp (boring) i dont mind the ability or other powerful abilities for the sake of exping BUT i do pretty much resent people that are so terrible at everquest that they refuse to ever leave feerrott and actually play content that can /gasp actually potentially kill them.

HALP HALP i can' leave feerrott something might meelee me for more than 40 points of damage HALP mobs summon HALP.
  11. Xirtket Augur

You do know you DO NOT have to click the thread link, and read what people say right? or are you the type that likes to come in and do nothing but bash someones post? like the above quote.

If SOE said they were going to update the hotzones every few months/years or whatever, then I see no problem in people wanting what they were told they could have, maybe if the devs would just update the hotzones, posts like this would stop, or make a post explaining why they aren't being updated, or just remove them altogether.
  12. Ronak Augur

They did say new hot zones every 4 to 6 months. It's been quite a lot longer than that. Let's solve the issue of there being not enough resources/staff to make new hot-zones: Hire me as an intern. I'll make the new hot-zones, unlock Underfoot zones, balance every class, make hero's forge actually look good, and fix xorbb1. All you have to do is fly me out there, I'll work very cheap, just some coffee and left-over donuts and I'm good to go.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Bring your surf board!
  14. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Yes, I guess I could pontificate deeply about things out of my control, and it's true that venting does help with anxiety issues and relief from said issues, I choose not to get worked up about these things in the first place. I simply noticed the weekly 'hot zones thread' and found it offered NOTHING that wasn't covered in the last one and voiced my concerns over said non-difference in speech.

If people want to get all worked up and rehash the same rote subject ad infinitum, that says more about them than it does me with my snarky response. But, by all means, let's further discuss a subject that is being ignored so it can be ignored that much harder!! Nothing says futility like repeating failed results over and over without changing the approach.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. CyrennFV New Member

I was expecting the text to read

....ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!!

consider me disapointed.
    FcsevenXIII and Phrett like this.
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

how can you be getting board??? once you level up you in a new hot zone from the list. -lol
  17. Kukaw Augur

Ya I know "Not this again", but at least I didn't make a new thread :). Anyways I was wondering if there will finally be a change with them in the upcoming anniversary patch <fingers crossed>
  18. Viltaire Augur

I'd hold out for fresh donuts.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

And that's why your job was outsourced.
    Viltaire and BlankStare_001 like this.
  20. Kaylord101 Elder

he is getting bored prob cause he never makes a char thats high enough to be out of a hot zone, and has too many alts. cause Regular exp is bad.

imo if ur bored with the current hot zones, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, why does it have to be a hot zone for you to go exp in.
    you should start complaining when u cant zone into reg exp zones.