There's another Everquest post up on Massively

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RoamingBlue, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoamingBlue Journeyman

DAYBREAK OVERRULES EVERQUEST PROGRESSION SERVER VOTE

2. taliefer Augur

haha. im not sure if this is good, or bad.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

When ASAP votes and 3month votes taken together outnumber 6 month votes, and Daybreak makes it 3 months, they ARE honoring the vote.
    Nickatropolis, LurkMcGurk and Teylk like this.
  4. Pikallo Augur

If this was posted on reddit, it would have a "misleading" tag within minutes.

First off, there was no vote. They took a poll. There is a difference. That is enough to make this headline misleading. Second, the poll was poorly constructed in that DBG was trying to find out from the player base whether or not they wanted Kunark released early, but in creating the poll, they had 2 options that fell under the "Yes, release early" side, and 1 option for "No, do not release early". The means the "vote" was split.

So as it was clearly mentioned in the official post, the poll results showed 6 months as the clear favorite option, but when you tallied the votes of people who did want Kunark early(whether it was asap or 3 months) - THAT WAS THE MAJORITY. So they did not "overrule" anything lol.

Yes, maybe they made a poor mistake in constructing the poll, but they didn't just ignore the player base and do what they wanted. They made a compromise based on the data returned from the poll. Now, you still have a chance to VOTE when it comes up in August. If they were to overrule that, there might be room to complain.

People just like to cry when they don't get their way. Personally, I don't care either way. I voted 3 months but would have been fine with 6.
    Nickatropolis, Teylk and Tarrin like this.
  5. Batbener Augur

The poll did exactly what it was intended to do, tell DBG what the community AS A WHOLE wanted to do. It gave them some concrete numbers to try and work a solution.

Some misleading facts by the 6 monthers are that the majority wants 6 months. They don't. If they did, they wouldn't have anything to worry about. The Kunark vote would fail in 3 months. It's not going to, because the majority of players want Kunark sooner than 6 months. They act like DBG is favoring the minority, when in fact they are catering to the 6 month crowd much more so than the open content now crowd.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  6. Kirria Journeyman

"People just list to cry over everything and anything." There... I fixed it for you.
  7. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

However combining ASAP and 3 months results in less total votes than the combination of 6 months and 3 months, therefore "honouring" the vote would be a compromise between those 2 values.

There are several ways to interpret the vote...they chose one.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  8. Sleestax New Member

When 6 months and ASAP outnumber 3 months then Theybreak Games is not honoring the vote.

I understand that fact went over your head. One must possess extremities to rise to a level required to be above massaging data to manipulate the results. Conversely, one must slither in like Theybreak, and you, in order to abjectly deceive others with numbers which have been misappropriated.

That rather large bulge just south of your throat isn't from sucking eggs, however. It's from being force-fed the truth just now, but I don't expect you to recognize it as such.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

This is why they should have skipped the poll about when to have the poll, and simply allowed people to VOTE for a total of 6, 5, 4, 3, or 2 months in Classic, and honored the winner.

Daybreak doesn't want to run a democracy, though, or the precedent would end up forcing them to instance raiding.
    Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  10. FXTi New Member

If you think you held the wrong kind of vote, you fix it by holding the right kind where there are only two options. I still believe the 6 month option would win out.

Then again this is DBG and they like to make everything overly complicated since they seem to have a massive disconnect from majority of their player base.
    Smallpox likes this.
  11. Gregolo Augur

Ladies and gentlemen, clickbait.
  12. Eleusis Elder

lol , are you here 24/7 ?

Did you even sleep ?
  13. Gregolo Augur

I'm a robot, just really impressive AI.
  14. Jaxarale01 Augur

Sooo...

Three people run for office...
    Mr. Smith gets 49 percent
    Mrs. Jones gets 30 percent
    Mrs. Hill gets 21 percent.

You elected Mrs. Jones because the two woman have 51 percent combined and Mrs Smith has more than Mrs. Hill...

/boggle
    Rhiyannon and oldkracow like this.
  15. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

They should have just been upfront about how they were going to interpret / count the votes when they created the poll.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Baldur Augur

Wow, massively seems to have it in for these TLPs. Me thinks that someone over there plays and didn't like the choice that was made.
  17. Eleusis Elder

LoL, You Didn't have to respond

Take a break champ, you been at it like more than 12 hours straight
  18. Glistarian Augur

Jump up and down, stomp your feet, whatever you want to do.

There was NO majority winner. There was a plurality winner. It's completely invalid to add up options and claim a majority. That's. Not. How. Polling. Works.

You can say it 1000 times, and it still won't be how it works.
  19. Hateseeker Augur

People who want ASAP can be assumed to be happier with 3 than 6. It's a valid interpretation to combine them, as a result.

Now, should Daybreak have said BEFORE the poll that this was how they were going to interpret it, so that people would know that as they voted? YES. But that would be a level of detailed communication from them that I just don't think we'll ever see (unless it's from a team working on a new game and trying to impress potential new customers), not the least reason for which is that if they said something like that before a poll, it would be used to hold them to it after the poll. .
  20. Solkos Augur

Worst example ever man!

The assumption can be made that the folks that voted ASAP would be much happier with 3 months than 6 months. It would be absolutely absurd to say the people who voted ASAP would be happier with 6 months. So yes, you should combine ASAP with 3 months in the case where 6 months is under 50 percent of the total vote.

What really needed to happen was a new pole deciding between 6 months and 3 months on both servers given the results they had stated but sadly the decision was made that could devastate one of these servers in the future and which server gets devastated probably depends on the raid changes implemented this morning.

I understand the compromise that they decided to do but it kind of screws both servers over in the future. I wish the compromise was just to go with 4 and a half months on both servers or 3 months on both servers.
    Now as it stands, these 2 servers can never have a remote chance of a merge or server transfers ever in the future because the 2 servers will be so far out of sync that it just won't be viable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.