There is no such thing as a "leveling guild". Stop asking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by IlllIllIllIlll, Jul 21, 2021.

1. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

Every day there are folks joining the server and ask for a "leveling guild", this mythical creature made up of players leveling, who will then go forth to "raiding guilds" when they reach max level.

It's just guilds. Some have lots of members actively rolling alts who want to level with you. Some have periodic powerleveling sessions and will be happy to include you with their alts. And others have dedicated krono farmers on the payroll advertising their krono per level services in guildchat.
  2. Raytheon Augur

Some raiding guilds will simply not tag you if you aren't max level. Every other guild is a leveling guild. There is definitely a difference.
    Zenith likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because you can get a tag without being max level doesn't mean it is a leveling guild. The point of the post appears to be a statement that there are not guilds with the purpose of leveling you to max level to join a raid guild.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Anyone that's played everquest knows there are leveling guilds so there's that to consider.
    Zenith likes this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I wonder why OP thought this thread was needed.
  6. klaus New Member

i like joining leveling guilds and then never asking anyone to level with me

i just like to listen to guild chat
  7. code-zero Augur

Some raid guilds in the past have maintained a separate guild for alt accounts and the like for the purpose of leveling. I doubt that a raid guild would simply take someone in to level without there being a guarantee that the character won't go off to join another guild.
    I know that after my guild power leveled a returning friend who then went off to join a raid guild when we had him where he wanted to be that we have no desire to do that again for anyone
  8. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

It's 24 hour patch day. Arguing about pointless stuff is tradition around here.
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Leveling guilds are the smaller guilds that people exploit to get their levels, so that they can then go and join a large guild that is already raiding. Rather than using these other guilds as a stepping stone, if they would stay with those guilds, they might all eventually raid.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Any guild named xxxxx Rapiers is definitely a leveling guild
  11. RABKkehhalla Elder

Faceless is a leveling guild.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

That's the only answer I needed.
  13. samenye Lorekeeper

There's definitely a difference. Also a difference between what we used to call a "nursery guild" and a levelling guild.

For me, a levelling guild is one with zero organisation, discord, bank, web site, etc. Every guild member can recruit.

In its purest form it tends to appear a bit later on in the cycle of a TLP before the only new players joining are those specifically invited to be PL'd by the raiding guilds.

As for people hopping on to the next guild - that's as old as the game itself. It often precedes a merge as more and more follow the same path.

What I don't see any more on TLPs is a family guild - folks just taking it slow and having fun.

Unless they're just very private nowadays so never recruit.