There is NO queue on Aradune right now!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Zansobar Augur

2. Tucoh Augur

Queues in games behave like any scarce resource with low cost of acquisition. Once a group detects scarcity they'll acquire the resource even if it provides them little to no value.

On Aradune this means that even a minor relenting of the queue cap or general population can have a dramatic effect where people stop trying to stay ingame 24/7. The downside to this is that if the server can't actually support the population cap, once people stop reserving spots with characters that use meager resources, the server will start to choke and DPG will lower the cap again.

The real solution is to solve the underlying problems with EQ's backend, but it's not clear that DPG has the capability to do that with the team it has.
  3. Zansobar Augur

I would say the queue is a cost, a slot in game is the resource, the queue increases the value of that slot by adding a time cost to acquiring the slot. People stay in game to avoid that cost. An increase in server player slots decreases the cost of the queue (by lowering the time waiting in queue) thus lowering the desire to stay in the game constantly to avoid that cost.
    asdasd1212, Pelrond and Tucoh like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Right, and the cost to stay in that queue is the time and $$$ someone has to pay to keep their PC running with a character either running an AFK bot or having a vendor open or something (from what I hear, I never did either of these. For many people that cost is much lower than the cost of waiting in a queue.
  5. nagash101 Augur

Some people have jobs. These are the people that can't just logon and play during the day. These are the same people that add fresh profits to the game but we can't logon at night either. These are the same people quiting in droves this week and over the weekend because DBG/DPGs doesn't care.
  6. Zansobar Augur

Still no queue at 1pm EST!!! Maybe DPG has fixed the server....?
  7. Azzudien Augur

Queues will disappear soon as most people probable re-subbed about a week before launch so they could get ready, figure their class, race etc and to get used to game again before actual launch.
    Just a guess, but the queues will completely disappear over the next week as people stop playing as the 1 month runs out.
    andross77 likes this.
  8. Zansobar Augur

Just means more mobs for us!
  9. Duality Augur

Queue just started
  10. Lyrical Augur

Canceled sub. Time ran out. Not a single @#$# given.
    andross77 likes this.
  11. Yanter New Member

That's because Path of Exile new league is out in 20 minutes! =D
  12. Pawtato Augur

My friend is 445 in Queue and I’m 14114, lol. Amazing how a queue system can tell you your place.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Tempting!

Path of Exile has the best seasonal / league system. Would be amazing if EQ's TLP servers copied even 20% of what they do.
  14. Seraphis New Member

4:00 Eastern. Anyone got an update on the queue now?
  15. Gnothappening Augur

29 min wait time as of right now: 4:42 EST.
  16. jmsgalla Journeyman

At 4:50 EST there was a ~40 min queue.
  17. Megazen Elder

Hmmm, let's take a look at when most people would have subbed in prep for Aradune.........yep...about a month ago. Mystery solved, a ton of people stopped trying.
  18. Relentless Insomnia

Now is the time to open the Mithara Server.

You are seeing people quit and actually not resub to to access issues.

Now is the time to capitalize!
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

I feel like you missed the message from Mepp that explained why opening a new server would make things worse or that throwing hardware at the issue is not going to resolve the current problems.
  20. Kronotowin Elder

Path of Exile far superior to these TLP servers where hardcore raiders and RMT sellers dominate the market. Leveling up solo? Well you're screwed because all items are ridiculously priced thanks to Krono.