There is a bug with AA exp.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by asfasfasfasf, Aug 17, 2017.

1. asfasfasfasf Augur

I set my AA exp to 100% but then I did a big pull and dinged my normal level :/ I tried on another character on a different account and the same thing happened. I asked in chat and someone said it happened to them too.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you are a silver or free account the AA had no where to go and will "morph" over to the regular experience. But I have also had this happen a few times on my paying accounts but only when it was set to 100% so it might be a known bug. Might be why everyone says to set whichever you want it to go to at 90%.
  3. asfasfasfasf Augur

Ahh interesting thanks. I am on mostly free accounts although they are only up to 110 AA which is below the cap so there must be some sort of bug going on.
  4. Pootle Elder

There is a max amount of AA you can store unspent, depending on your level. I would guess that once that has been reached, any further exp will be channeled back into regular leveling. Maybe this is happening?
  5. Donkin New Member

There is a bug with AA I am not silver I am paid account. I do not have max AA either. I can still earn AA because i have none in, bank saved I am at 100% and can buy Tradeskill AA so that is not the problem, but I am still getting exp even though it is set at 100% AA I sent in a bug report in game and will wait to see a fix. My charcater was set at lvl 52 for Naggy and VoX and figured I would finish up my tradeskill AA but when I dinged I noticed something was wrong.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes there is. And it has been around a long time. Try setting your bar to 90% (either way - AA or exp) for a few kills, log in and out (if you can cause I see from other posts you cannot get into the game) and see if that helps. Back in 2010 I set mine to 90% and never used the 100% again due to this same bug.
    DinkumThinku99 likes this.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The problem might be your groups' level distribution, which you do not tell us about.
    If you PL lowbies with mobs that con grey to the highest, the lowbie chars do only get regular XP.
    I gather that is intended, dimly recall seeing something to that effect many years ago in some note even.
  8. asfasfasfasf Augur

The group is all the same level.
  9. asfasfasfasf Augur

Bit more info in case it helps.

I think the game may get confused about the cap. I was set at 100% AA exp and it started going to normal exp, yet I was still getting AA's too. I then set it to 90% and it seemed to be giving me AAs and normal exp, although the AA exp seemed very slow (even though it was set to 90%). Then at 130 I no longer got any more AAs. So I am assuming that is the cap that you are allowed to have and not spend. I then spent some and it continued getting AAs again but faster than before.

I feel like I'm missing about 50-100 AA but I at least know how to avoid the issue now.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

ah...
    duh...
    max banked AAs = level * 2, max 210 (plus any you get from achievements)
    No bug then, user error by not spending them.
  11. slayerofbats Augur

Unfortunately there are two caps, one for the total amount you can have on a F2P account which is 250, and then another cap for the amount of unspent AA you can have. So if you reach that cap it will stop you earning more.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can only bank 26 AA on a free account if you maxed your 250. At least that is all mine show. This is one of 2 bugs really. The one where AA doesn't work right at 100% setting and/or the one where a free account freaks at 100-110. It soon works right and I didn't worry about it since it would soon cap. But it is a disappointment when your trying to stay the lower level for those raid bosses and it dumps the experience into level.
  13. asfasfasfasf Augur

Yea I am sure I had some sort of bug because when it was set to 100% I was hardly earning anything for a long time (no AA and no real levels either).

But I think the one I was talking about in this thread is just my fault. As described above, there is another cap for unspent AA. So I think I was level 50 and I had 100 AA and it started going to normal XP which was confusing me because it was set to 100% AA. And then I would ding level 51 which upped the cap to 102 so I would then continue getting AAs for a while and then it would stop again.

I feel like I went for a while with not as much exp as I should have got, but at least I know how it works now.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.