The Way Back Home quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Bobokin Augur

Oh really?

I have been back playing for about two years after being gone for a half-decade. I think that qualifies me as a returning player.

Considering my guild is almost all returning players under level 100, I believe I have a little more insight as to what they are thinking or care about than you may have.

Yes, ... some of us actually are what we say we are.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

This guy gets it .. 100% spot on.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and AZerker like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Are you advocating that returning players should be able to immediately catch up to top tier players with miniscule effort?
    Elyee likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am allergic to BS. Your post contains not a single whiff of it. I approve.
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Hey, that means I'm a returning player also. Sweet! What's the secret code to the returning player lounge that has the free coffeecake and the better chairs?
    Celephane likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

"It's just a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight"
    Elyee likes this.
  7. Celephane Augur

I just returned from the kitchen, I want free stuff too
  8. Hitty Augur

lol.. always the same...
    everybody who plays EQ should know now how it works..
    if you are there at the start, you get your nice things and your bugs..
    if you come later then you get the nerfs and the stability...

And this economically leads to the point where DGB earns more money with this strat... so easy to see... without thinking if something is bad or good... you can color that to your personal taste - either way everything can go.. black or white.. like you want it to see...

For me: I got that hint with the 25 AA 1 day before the nerf and I wished I had it before. The most people complaining exploited it again to the earlobe - so... the typical hypocrates - to make myself political uncorrect... is that bad? good? Sure for balance that nerf will come - sad that it was again a secret you only know if you talk to many people or read the test server patches.

Like always - get some depth - be early or at the right place and the right timing - then you get what all get who do exactly that.. so I had the chance to get the last bits from 114 up to 115 for my tank. Thanks for that - even with the "nerf" - I am happy with this. Now everything is set for being perhaps able to do the last two missions for this expansion.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Wait now ..

You been back playing for two years now..

At what point does a returning player .. No longer qualify as a returning player ?

Exactly how many year's does it take .. for you to understand once you have returned .. after a year of solid playing ..

You ain't a returning player no mo.. you dun returned already .. You can't keep waiving that in people's faces after year's of playing ..

/facepalm
    Celephane likes this.
  10. Nesalie Lorekeeper

It really is spot on. Like I didn't play my SK for over a year, decided I didn't want to play my Paladin like 3 weeks before the expansion. Did GMM for the non-vis in those 3 weeks and walked into ToV in Conflag and non-vis GMM gear and finished the EW Partisan and Merc quests over an afternoon of playtime with my buddy and 2 cleric mercs.

Yesterday I tanked 4 giants with discs in the fort in EW in those GMM non-vis and T1 ToV visibles. Like... the content is fine, if people aren't able to do the content then they really just need to spend more time learning how to play the game. If you want to turn on auto attack and win, play on TLP servers.

Casual players still get gear and still press (a minimal) amount of buttons. If people aren't doing that, they aren't casual players, they're tourist players. They're logging on to see the sights and quite frankly if they don't get to see the latest and greatest sights, that's fine, they aren't going anywhere. They can still buy every single piece of T1 gear even if they don't own the expansion and get insane gear upgrades over whatever they've got. The molds are already down to like 3k on my server.

Get over wanting to be handed everything and try doing some work if you think anything in this expansion is unfair. If the people crying were truly veterans and returning players, they would understand that EverQuest has never handed people anything and the amount people get for free now is a mountain more than they ever did, and still they want more?

If you're a tourist player, drop your sub because you don't need it. RoS is free now and you won't touch TBL if all you want to do is press one button and watch a mob die. If you're a casual player, you'll be fine in ToV. Know what you are, don't complain because you don't want to put in the work others do.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

When are you not a returning player? 2 years is an awfully long time LOL. If you were gone a decade, you must have been gone for a short time too based on your sense of time.
    Solidon and Celephane like this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

Show me where I was advocating that.

I am advocating that casual players should not have to play through the game any harder than the top tier players that have the time and effort to get there out of the gate.

Let me state this clearly, I have been asked into every top tiered raid guild on my server several times. I am a good player, and I am a fun player to hang around with. I have declined because I want to play with my brothers and my kids who are also casual players. I spend most of my time helping lower level players.

Because of my medical situation, which many of us older players now have, I am not supposed to be playing games like Everquest anymore. It is a great risk to my health to do so even as a casual player. It was my choice to play with friends and family, and we should not be punished for doing so with nerfs, rescaled TAs, and castrated zones.

Yes, we knew this one was coming, but shouldn't they have taken the servers down three weeks ago for a quick patch to make it fair for everyone? How easily would this have been dismissed by you had they decided to do that instead of giving the top tier players a way to use minuscule effort to rack up AAs that other players will not be able to do when they get to the same level?

It is easy to dismiss players that want what you got after you already got it the easier way.
  13. Celephane Augur

So, by your logic, the game should never be patched and nothing should ever change, so that everyone can always play it the exact same way as all those that played before. Nice
  14. Bobokin Augur

Its all relative.

I get that you don't get it.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

He was ASKING .. you ..

Why are you so confrontational when people are trying to ask you questions ?
  16. Whulfgar Augur

What server are you on?
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well bud, the game doesn't revolve around your playtime. Nor does it revolve around mine. But you certainly think it should be your playtime that matters.
    Celephane likes this.
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

Returning for two years...
    [IMG]
    Allayna and Celephane like this.
  19. Bobokin Augur

It was a rhetorical question. The poster was asking nothing.
  20. Bobokin Augur

Nope

If you take something away, give something else. It is pretty simple logic.

In this case, make the change quickly, so just about everyone is on the same page, or don't make it at all. Kill it quickly or leave it alone.

Yes, there are those who will say one month in is pretty quick, but this was known about and used pretty much from the get go. Now that the top tier players would use it to help get to 115 and get 100s of AAs, it is a little late to be quick about it. It's sort of like using on a condom after the fact.