The Vocal Minority

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Krysanth, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

If you've got a population that's extremely excessive (which 2-3 hr queues did imply) losing half of it could still seem quite healthy for the meantime.

You do understand how numbers work, right?
    Elkay likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

The problem is that that "strategy" is outside-of-game-mechanics. You're upset that you're being contested on a particular mob, and because of that contention it might pave the way for a third guild to take another mob elsewhere in the world. One might say, well, that's how the game's raiding content is balanced amongst all the raid guilds, and "Strategy" would mean making a choice between which mobs you're going to sock your primary force on, and which ones you're going to send scouts to, and if one pops, which ones are important enough to leave the existing sock. But because you can simply throw more alts or accounts at the game, you actually avoid having to use those strategies.

So "competition", therefore, is a goalpost that keeps moving back. Beat the other guild's 50, they bring 60. Beat their 60 they bring 72. Beat their 72, they put all their DPS in one raid and healers/tanks outside it. Compete with that and they bring in more accounts to take all the other mobs that spawn while you're contesting one.

That really isn't competition, but an arms race. Wouldn't you rather that Daybreak somehow limit the arms race so that guilds have to use actual strategies instead of constantly just flinging more and more accounts at the contest?
  3. taliefer Augur

zerg raiding is the new old EQ. accept or move along. sad times. zerg guilds were ridiculed back in my day.

gonna go mow my lawn once all those kids get off it.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  4. Grish Augur

How long are you guys going to continue to feed this troll?
  5. Sebbun Augur

Re-read that sentence a few times. Just because you are on top now, doesn't mean you will always be on top. It means that if this server is instanced, even though they were in fact once the #1 guild, it will absolutely not continue to be so.

Otherwise, I don't really care, because I am not competing with current ruleset.
  6. Sebbun Augur

I refuse to contest spawns in the way it currently is. DPS battles are not strategic, they are throwing the best DPS classes with all that you have at one mob. If you consider current game, and current raiding scene something worthy of being better than anyone... Then I concede that TL is better than me.

You will not find me in a single post saying I hate this game.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Indeed, me either - I hate the current environment players have created due to avarice.
  8. Sebbun Augur

I'm not sure how anyone pulled it out of me requesting instances that "I hate this game and should seek professional help". Everyone playing obviously has an affinity to the game. Some of us are just more bent on seeing content available for everyone.
  9. Jezzie Augur

Granted, it's a small percentage of players that use these forums to convey their opinions or thoughts on the game so in that way it could be considered a "vocal minority". If that's your theme then you are also saying that all posters regardless of their opinions are a vocal minority.
    As to the rosy picture you paint of how wonderful it is in-game, I beg to differ. Of the probably 10 or so friends that came from live to tlp, 1 remains. Luckily the others returned to live with the opinion that tlp isn't worth it. Not as it is.
  10. Steampunk Augur

Then I'm assuming that was your identical twin with the same name. Or did somebody fake that post from you; #45 in this thread at 12:14PM MDT on 7/22/2015.
  11. Krysanth Elder

That high of a population was a known to be at least halved, just like the previous TLP servers. Still a lot of people in the game. Zones are well populated. Having fun, confirmed. Some people salty? Yes, carry on.
  12. Steampunk Augur

I think that many people have a guilty jealousy of what mage crews can do. And I know exactly what you mean about clowns and yakkity sax. Personally, I wouldn't box a mage crew if somebody paid for the accounts and the non-illegal software for me to do it with. On the other hand, all that sweet phat lewt.....
    lalaloup likes this.
  13. Kittany Augur

I mean no disrespect toward you or the guild you lead. Obviously, your guild is on the top of the food chain for a reason. The drive and dedication to be the top dog is there and that is exploited to it's fullest.

However, that said. You guys also set the rules of the land. Prior to the TLP, even when I was on Vallon Zek back in the day, the idea of a "DPS race brah" was nearly unheard of. Most people had the respect and honor to concede the mob once engaged. Sure, trains happened, but it was the exception and not the rule. On VZ in particular, PvP did happen, but the raid target in question was not apart of the engagement.

I have seen to many instances on Ragefire where two or more guilds would gather for a target and the guild who got there first was muscled out. This is the reason your guild is primarally cited for the complaints.

What you call jealousy, many other people simply see as an excuse to be jerkbags because your guild is not willing to back down and do the decent thing because it is not within the nature of yourselves to do so. So, in order to 'compete' as you guys so fondly want to call it, other guilds use the same tactics against you. This is what creates the toxic environment.

So, while you're up there sitting on that ivory throne looking down at everybody else trying to climb up, I'm sure it's nothing but blue skies and rainbows for you.
  14. Korillo Augur

Ya, so if they were to instance you'd still have to mobolize and kill in your instance faster than they kill in theirs if you're trying to be #1. I mean if you can't out mobolize them now why would you think you could do it if it was instanced?
  15. Steampunk Augur

Perhaps "better than you" was not a good choice of words. However, they are not doing anything illegal, and morality is not referenced in the game rules. Simple fact is, if you can't beat them, or you won't beat them, then they beat you. You can take the moral high ground (I do) but it still comes out the same.

He said he hated the game. He didn't say he hated what the game had become, or what other people had warped the game into. Perhaps that is what he actually meant, but that is not what he said.

Ah, nostalgia! I wanted it so badly. So did you, so did most everybody else. Truth be told, we really should have know we weren't going to get it. They led us on, but honestly, we gladly let them lead us.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Yea, I'd not seen that quote - doesn't fit his recent postings, hopefully it was a poor choice of words - otherwise seems a like its a bit of duality.

Unquoted bits, agree with 100% - and trying to make the best of it.
  17. Vaclav Augur

So we'll just whitewash attrition as something completely unavoidable rather than thinking that solutions to maximize retention is a good thing?
    Elkay likes this.
  18. Elkay Augur

I think this aspect is often overlooked. There are probably quite a few people that would really enjoy scheduled/PUG raid expeditions that haven't spoken up simply because they haven't experienced accessible raiding. Anyone that has played EQ2 or WoW knows how much more convenient raiding there is.

Note specifically that I said "convenient" and not "easier". My wording was carefully chosen.
  19. Sebbun Augur

So much agreement from me here.
  20. Steampunk Augur

Same here. In the over-all scheme of things I am enjoying the game and believe it's better than the alternative. Even with all the other games I've played before and since EQ, I keep coming back to it.