The Vocal Minority

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Krysanth, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Krysanth Elder

Are the ones constantly whining on the forums. Note they spend more time on the forums complaining then actually playing. The majority of players are not here whining, they are playing and enjoying the game. This was referred elsewhere as "Forum Questing". It's the same on any game forum when people bash a game constantly. It's almost like they like to hear their own voices.

The truth is, even with the problems that these servers have, people are still enjoying and playing Everquest.

There are some really mean people on these servers. I've seen that in all the TLPs, the vast majority of my interactions are positive. You can't change peoples attitudes. Here is a world of advice: when you get really pissed in game, go take a breather. It's what I do.

So DBG just want to say thank you for the new TLPS, although not perfect I am having a blast.

Krysanth
    50 Troll Shadowknight
    Twisted Legacy
    Frenzic, Esper, PrathunEQ and 4 others like this.
  2. Softcap New Member

You had me at Krysanth 50 Troll SK Twisted Legacy... Obviously you don't watch general chat in game, where people are playing.
    Drexll likes this.
  3. VorpalChicken Journeyman

Guess you never listen to general chat
    Drexll likes this.
  4. Krysanth Elder

Like I said they are the vocal minority. If the game sucked so bad I wouldn't see such a vibrant community. There you go hating me for being in the big bad TL. What a joke. You don't even know me.
    Steampunk and Reht like this.
  5. Finwen Augur

It's almost like they have access to the forums at work or on a phone when they can't play the game.
  6. Vivas Lorekeeper

Blegh....can someone pass me a bucket i think i need to puke.
  7. Softcap New Member

I have no problem with you, I don't know you.. Being in TL though probably gives you a different perspective of what is going on though...And the bot groups that TL allows to operate within there raid groups I do have a problem with, more so with DBG than TL though.
  8. Korillo Augur

They aren't bot groups man, TL is literally just 1 person playing over 600 characters.
    Porygon likes this.
  9. Cam Newton New Member

I am having a blast for sure.

Wish everyone would stop being so damn needy and appreciate what we have. If you dont like it, stop paying for it.
  10. Krysanth Elder

TL never has bots on our raids what are you talking about??

Where did you get that info? We field 72+ raiders, single people, not boxing.

Why do you make that stuff up to make us look bad?
    Steampunk likes this.
  11. lalaloup Augur

The simple truth, no one has to make up anything to make TL 'look bad'.

Even if every member of TL had pretended they were on a server instanced only for them, and refused any form of interaction or communication with other players . . they would still be hugely disliked.

For no other reason than it took so long to see any other guild down a target in the server wide raid announcements.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Judging from the polls I would say the majority are in opposition to those opinions (see how this works).
    Frankly no one knows what the majority thinks and flatly why even mention it until the wallet voting becomes clear.
  13. Zublak Augur

Because NOW you don't use boxed toons. Now that you all have an established large group of capable players, you no longer need to bring all the box toons. I still find it quite amusing how the TL people keep coming here defending themselves about bring box's to a raid. Just because you don't now, doesn't mean you didn't. So please quit trying to act like you all are above it.

Also, good luck defending your argument being a member of the guild that very rarely ever groups outside of itself, is infamous in every way, has 95% of raid targets on lock 24/7/365. No one is going to take you seriously aside from your own members. Even if you have a constructive argument.
  14. Hateseeker Augur

Post has no proof (Edit: I mean there's no proof of whether the sentiment expressed by the vocal minority is shared by more than just the ones speaking).
    http://www.rerolled.org/showthread....er-confirmed&p=1164435&viewfull=1#post1164435

"We have about 150 mage boxes at our disposal, we have 4-5 guys in our guild that 20 box. It only takes about 8-12 of us to fill an entire raid of 72. We often fill the raids and put our tanks/healers outside of the raid, so it doesn't really impact us at all.

We have a side project in the works with alts that are unguilded for some more excitement to be revealed soon."

You say 72 single players, someone else says 8-12 players actually make up the 72 (or CAN make up the 72; I recognize that potential and actual action may be different). Which is correct?

Note: I'm just pointing out conflicting information, not complaining about TL.

On the topic of the thread, though, never in the history of any game has the "vocal minority" question been settled. Yes, people who actually complain are a vocal minority of the total players.

But what's not being explicitly said, yet implied any time someone uses the term "vocal minority", is that the very sentiment expressed by those complainers is a sentiment that only a minority hold, and that is never proven in any game. Usually, though, we're talking about more tangible design decisions. Like, go to the Star Wars Battlefront forums and say "I prefer first person to third person in a shooter". Some people might claim you're a vocal minority, and there's no way to prove one way or the other, since the gaming company isn't doing a poll of millions of players to ask what they prefer.
  15. Finchy Augur

so you're judging a book by it's cover then? You see the guild in it's entire as the lowest of the low...yet when you judge people like that it doesn't put you any different.
  16. taliefer Augur

the fact that this is a defense is laughable. i dont blame TL, its how EQ has changed.

FOR THE ZERG.
  17. Grish Augur

Pretty sure you are responding to sarcasm. They absolutely use boxed toons, some of which are enhanced, some not.
  18. Roxxanna Augur

I'm confused here.......is the OP whining, or whining about people whining?
    Agrippa, Vivas and Grish like this.
  19. Jamz Augur

We have hundreds of bots, we also have hundreds of players. Typical raid days we fill the raids with single people, there have been rare circumstances when we swap out mains for bots if we need to. But almost always we have a full raid of individual people.

Both posts are in fact accurate. - Outside of the always mains, its like 95% mostly mains.

http://www.tlguild.org/raids//listcharacters.php?s=

This is a list of all the "raiding" mains in the guild. Not sure why anyone really cares though.
  20. Krysanth Elder

You sure are doing some digging. I was a founding member of TL from Fippy. We do not use boxes on raids. It's all mains. You guys are reaching. Zublak we have a very healthy roster and we have had it since the before the server even launched so we don't have need for boxes. In fact, sometimes players have to sit outside the raid because we have no room. Lets be honest though, you just want to villify us because it gives you something to whine against. Lots of accusations and mistruths but nothing to really back it up.

Yes, we have all raid content on lockdown. Do you expect us to just give it to you? Do you even have a force capable? How could you hate us for that?

90% of the time when a raid mob spawns we are the only ones even attempting it.