The value of the Luck stat, and how hard to pursue more of it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, I now have a luck stat of about 40 on my chars, and remembered that it can be increased by "fusing" (if that's the right word) items of the same exact kind. Since I have more than a few TS items, it seems I can make more of those items, and use them to fuse and increase my Luck stat. At ~20Kpp per item, per slot, per char, it can add up kinda quick. So my question is, what's the upside to getting Luck to higher levels (i.e. about how much does it help DPS go up, etc) vs. the downside of burning through plat to get there.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Interested in hearing about this also as I have never really gone after increasing my Luck stat.
  3. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Pointless addition to the game. Only exists as an effort to add in a way to monetize upgrading equipment via MTX to hit yearly KPIs for Columbus Nova.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Luck is in "buckets" of 10 (I cant remember if it rolls over on the 9 or the 0), so you get additional mods every 10 points. Its decreasing value, you get more mods within the first 20 points, than you get after 40 points. In order to keep it under control, I think if you are maxed luck nowadays its probably something small like around 1% increase every 10 points.

More info:
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Luck
    Nennius, Tatanka and KushallaFV like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Perfect, thanks!

And, yes, I'm an idiot for not remembering to check Fanra's before posting ;)
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Grove Augur

It seems to me that Luck is being gradually phased out of newer equipment.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Where are you getting this from? They are still adding it to all the same items every expansion.
  8. Grove Augur

It seems to me that Luck is being gradually phased out of newer equipment.
  9. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

It is still being added, in greater quantities, to the same slots. This is a bizarre and likely wrong take.
  10. Gialana Augur

In addition to what WFSBelaar said, T1 gear and visible gear never have Luck (this is for group gear. I don't know about the T1 raid gear). Maybe this is why it seems to be gradually phasing out.

Also, each expansion has increased the Luck range by 5. ToL T2 and TS non-visible gear had luck between 16 and 20 while NoS gear had luck between 21 and 25. Laurion's Song gear will likely be between 26 and 30, but I haven't seen a piece of T2 or TS gear, yet.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You posted that again, but what equipment are you seeing this on? From what I have seen they are not doing that and it is being added to all new equipment that it has been on.
  12. Silu Elder

I'm guessing this perception is because he is using T1 non-prestige gear on his alts, which lacks luck. (See Belt of Beetle Shells from FP vs Serrated Neurotoxic Sash in Darklight)... which I see was just said above. :p
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is why I asked what gave that impression as it doesn't do any good to make guesses.