The Tears of Alaris - Fragment of Legendary Alaran History

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Heajol, May 20, 2020.

1. Heajol Augur

This patch comes at a great time for me as I've been actively working on the Tears of Alaris quests. I've never been to the Heart of Fear, but that'll be rectified soon.

I would like to start a thread to help myself and others progress their Tears of Alaris.

Something like Zone, Quest, Reward: Fragment of Legendary Alaran History

If you find a quest that rewards the Fragment of Legendary Alaran History, please post it below and I will do the same. Let's compile our knowledge for the benefit of the community.

I'm not sure how crowded the RoF zones Shard's Landing and the Heart of Fear zones will get following this patch. Will there be a rush to get these quests done? Anyway I'll be in the fray. Will give me a change of pace from the Pillars of Alra (although I'm sure I'll still do those).

Currently limiting myself to level 110 to do these, but grateful for the change. Thanks for listening Devs!!
  2. lockjaws Augur

Killing mobs in Heart of Fear, and running pillar tasks that take 8-15 minutes each, is likely going to be quicker than new RoF methods. Are these new quests? What about folks who completed RoF 8 years ago? No reward for them?

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach here.
  3. Yimin Augur

The tablets drop a lot more in Epic center ! in the ROF exp

YiMin
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This article https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tears_of_Alaris has information on the Tears and the Fragments.

I plan on adding the new quests once I find out which ones drop Fragments. Everyone is welcome to edit and add information to that article.

If you want an account on the wiki, send me a private message here (on top of this page, Inbox > Start a New Conversation).
    minimind, Heajol and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  5. Yimin Augur

BTW very important , DO NOT CLICK frags until you have enough to complete the Tear !
    So if you're at lvl ten on tear and have 100 frags dont click frags you need 200 for every 10 levels ...It is very easy to reach lvl 10 with kills , it become harder and harder as the tears lvl Trust me on this I have done the tear at 5 times now !

YiMin
  6. Jennre Band Leader

7. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I have done Calling Phantasm and Sleepless Nights recently and don't recall any dropping, but there are a lot of Alaran mobs in the instances iirc. Are they dropping from the mobs or does one actually come as part of the chest reward?
  8. Heajol Augur

They should drop from the mobs if they are light blue or above, they are streaky though.

The new patch will add them as a quest reward as well. I can't find the patch notes right now but it says that the Fragment is added to "some" quests in Shard's Landing and the Heart of Fear zones.
  9. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Awesome, thanks.
  10. Riou EQResource

Comes as a reward for completion of the Mission

Keep in mind that data was from Test, you wont see it on Live until whenever the servers come up if they weren't edited from Test to Live
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Best drop rate from mobs was definitely in the epicenter of heart of fear from Phantasm's, had 10 from there @ L105 in the time I would usually get 1-2 from Shard's Landing @L100.
    minimind likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Due to the current patch issues, I'm waiting until it goes live to see what happens. There is a small but real chance that some or all of the quests on Test that drop fragments might not do so or that there are other changes.

I do not doubt that if they are causing an issue that Darkpaw will move the date to upgrade these quests to drop fragments to next month or whenever, rather than delay getting the servers back up.
  13. svann Augur

They should make these fusible like luck aug.
    :p
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The delays are due to the Server Merge not actual patch issues. I would be highly surprised if the frag changes didn't go live.
  15. Heajol Augur

Looks like this went Live .. will work on it when I have the chance .. after work today for example.
  16. Heajol Augur

It looks so far like the info on EQResource here: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=120367 is accurate.

Running them through in Shard's Landing here is my experience:

It's most beneficial to run the missions and only do the partisan quests for access to the missions. The partisan quests take too long and it would be more beneficial to run missions in a different zone rather than running through the partisan quests repeatedly.

The mercenary quest (Fear Begins at Home) can be run over and over with no lockout.

Will explore the Heart of Fear when I get a chance (bonus xp weekend!).

Also I totally forgot that you can preview rewards, which makes figuring out which quests and missions reward the Fragment much, much easier!
    Riou, minimind and Fanra like this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, that almost sounds too easy to last...
    Eqresource.com, says 6 hour lockout...

I hope it stays though. :)
    Riou likes this.
  18. Heartland Augur

It is severly broken as is. Even solo with a merc I'm getting on average 10 fragments an hour running this quest, plus chances at drops off of the mobs.
    Riou likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, it could be problematic for people trying to do progression, if enough people are farming this constantly. I expect the 6 hour lockout to return at next patch tbh.
    Im hoping they add some evantil-quests to the "fragment-quest-pool", just to spread the tear-farmers over multiple zones(That is, if the constraints "after VoA in progression", and "involves alarans" are the conditions that fit into their decisions).
    Skuz likes this.