The tanking issue...

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Serriah_Test, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Braveheart Augur

OH, this was with a bard in group for group content, and standard raid set up for raids. War, War, SK/Pal, Clr, Clr, +1
  2. Brosa Augur

#2.....I thought that was the topic :oops:
  3. Makavien Augur

5011 fights since jan 3rd.

Offense
    Finalstand -vs- Combined: A filqua glider: -- DMG: 1,709,587,250 -- DPS: 10,008 -- Scaled: 10,008 -- Crush: 1,529,042,371 -- Slash: 88,695,154 -- DirDmg: 52,805,514 -- DoT: 19,306,045 -- Kick: 16,127,572 -- Bash: 2,643,040 -- Hit: 948,399 -- Punch: 19,155 -- Non-crit rate: 62.2% -- crit rate: 37% -- crippling rate: 0.8% -- Attempts: 5,46,302 -- Hits: 4,44,388 -- Missed: 101,914 -- Accuracy: 81.3% -- Avg Hit: 3867 -- Max hit: 438,500 -- DMG to PC: 722,177,732

Defense
    Tanking summary for: Finalstand --- Total damage: 722,177,732 --- Avg hit: 7630 --- Swings: 234,605 --- Defended: 91,632 (39.1%) --- Hit: 94,638 (40.3%) --- Missed: 48,335 (20.6%) --- Accuracy: 66.2% --- Dodged: 18,212 (11.3%) --- Parried: 37,370 (16.5%) --- Blocked: 8149 (3.5%) --- Riposted: 27,901 (14.8%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

I bolded all that I think could be improved in smaller increments to make us a better tank.
    Keep in mind on offense our activated damage ability the single one we have(shield topple) does not show up as a unique ability.

I underlined one thing in each section that needs some attention in a major way .8% crippling hits from a warrior ?
    3.5% blocked hits out of 234,605 hits , when we are now forced to use a shield
    The bash and kick is just weird because i spam bash.

My thoughts.

Now my thoughts on the improvements we need is the balancing out of the weapon sets.
    Like he is trying to do but we need to come up with a perfect solution.

We need special abilities that we can use an entire fight not when the npc is under 20% only.
    We need combo abilities that reduce the number of buttons we have to push before being viable.
    Shield topple is great for the sword and board set up.
    Now we need a quick refresh single strike like ability with 2 swords.(I am not sure what to call these special attacks but we need something that is comparable to shield topple)
    And another type with 2 handers.

Defensive wise.

We need to merge abilities that hardly do anything stalwart defense + our rune disc + No time to bleed. This would be our sustainable defense - Again to reduce how many buttons we push when last stand disc is down the added rune to that was a step in the right direction.

AA type defensive abilities.

Instead of making more activated buttons to push make them improve the discs we already use. Resplendent glory make it add a % chance to improve every heal that hits us when we use stalwart defense same for hold the line and then also make it improve the heals that land on us while last stand is up with an even greater %. Or make one of them improve each of those 2 disciplines.

Battle Leap(and other short term offensive buffs)

Get rid of the leap effect of battle leap it has never worked correctly. Make it battle shout or battle cry.

Auras

We need a new one combine field outfitter , an improved commanding voice effect higher then the shoulders that lands even with the shoulder buff on but the % doesn't stack also add a hate modifier to it we have been around long enough to learn how to create our own hatred make it the same as voice of thule % wise.

Our Mastery.

Make our skill caps better then others like avoidance,blocking with a shield or parrying with a weapon. Let us have specialized activated attacks for weapon types or a set of weapons that no one else can ever have. Give us more hp then anyone else because again our unheard of stamina should give us this benefit.

We should also be able to avoid spells a bit more like we did back in the day with our higher then everyone elses magic resists. Until you guys fix pet aggro 100% completely then making spells avoid us by whoever is top of the hate list is not enough because unless we spam our newest hate overtime pet there is many chances for us to get toppled over by a spell that should never hit us while we are tanking.

If a paladin in my group can do this while boxing a cleric shows you how much power they have gained in the healing archetype. While we have lost things in the tank archetype and that is all we have. This is not asking for nerfs this player is exceptional but this does show how well they fare.

Finalstand -vs- Combined: A filqua glider: -- Cleric: 70662294 -- cleric: 69249060 -- druid: 50687216 -- druid: 49157527 -- Paladin: 45576754 -- Finalstand: 34996282 -- cleric: 29031507 -- cleric: 24635026 -- cleric: 24200490 -- druid: 20144134 -- new cleric: 17110371 -- shaman: 16335461 -- shaman: 15255387 -- cleric: 14954029 -- cleric: 12365559 -- my mages merc: 11986451 -- my bards merc: 10934067 -- druid: 10756858 -- shaman: 10259410 -- shaman box: 9816976 -- cleric: 9694599 -- druid: 8616869 -- paladin: 8292919 -- shaman box: 8162928 -- Cleric box: 6991682 -- shaman alt/box: 5274828 -- Divine Intervention: 5185901
  4. Makavien Augur

And also to go with the above post.

I am the 2nd ranked hp warrior in the game.

I am ranked 7th in ac. I use ac /hp augs over the ac/mana type augs that people that rank higher then me ac wise use.
    I can also usually pass those people up once I get the rare drops I would like to have the rare drops cause big gaps that take many pieces of gear to make up.

I am ranked 39th in attack.

I use all tank buffs. I use different weapons dependent on the situation . Ie I use a double rune auged weapon for fights like The doomscale Horde. I use the stunning strike aug in my main weapon for most tanking situations. I currently do not switch to a dps weapon set up because there is very little difference in my damage when I do . So to me why bother. I would if it gave me a benefit that I could clearly see without having to look at a 5011 fight parse.

I also am one of the raid advisors and do most of the write ups on our boards. I have been raiding for roughly 11 years. I have played for a total of 12 solely as a warrior. The first year I spent learning . And I also spent a lot of time soloing in velks with double bloodpoints for around 50 - 70 aa.

Sometimes I forget things like poison's . But hey we are all human. We should be able to communicate with our whole team of individuals without hurting our performance in any way shape or form without using external programs(see my chat window upgrade requests) Or my sharing of web pages within the game or the ability to use web links within the game to open our external web browser where it is defaulted to open (ie on my second monitor)

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1873008
  5. Makavien Augur

Sorry I forgot to add that the group content is mostly Warrior/Bard/Magician/ Wizard merc/Cleric merc/Cleric merc. I auto attack a lot when I am 3 boxing also. But I do use all of my offensive buffs and abilities.

Raids are usually Warrior/Warrior/Paladin/Cleric/Cleric/Druid or shaman or cleric
  6. Repthor Augur

how many of the mobs in your combind parse is raid encounters ?? if theres any thats baked in there that whole pase is invalid

not saying anything but for a raid geared warrior in the group game, that is terrible dmg if thats just group encounters for a raid geared warrior

it whould also expline our low block/parry/riposte as raid event dont currently allow us to block/ripo/parry raid mobs cuz of mobs strike thru

i known u for a bit mak we both know that epeenseing about gear doent mean anything. looks at all the happ warriors thats fluffying their magelos with fake uags or powersorces they dont use . now i will say ur do have an easyer time maxing our gear being your on FV server . so kudos on your gear yo ! and i hope your not a aug/powersource fluffer we all know theres no warrior that is constantly useing the big group powersource 100% of the time u just cant farm it fast enough to do that
  7. shiftie Augur

Listing magelo for credibility of commentary, Lol not everyone uses or wants to pay for it.

Paladins on heal parses as a point of reference ... Do you know how easy it is to heal high in a heal parse?
  8. Makavien Augur

I raid monday through thursday ? so yes that is both group and raid just my over all combined parse for 5011 fights . I didn' t use my magelo for anything it is reference. And no I am not a healer so I have no idea how easy it is to parse that high. Yes I am a fluffer like everyone else for now but I am going to farm enough of them to use once the patch goes through it might actually be worth it then. And I really don't get how you can look at all those numbers from an active warrior in the game (raiding is most of the game) and say anything could make it invalid ?
  9. Makavien Augur

What information makes parsing valid nekkid with just the two weapons equip then the sword and board then the 2 hander because that is what most people try to use and to me that shows nothing of our overall power within the normal game play?

That parse shows where we are lacking in areas and the things that could use attention.
    Just like everyone padding their magelo also shows we want a - 5 dmg 35 ac 100 hp force of anger aug for our main weapon just like the rune type augments. And we all would love to use the new powersource but since the drop rate is horrendous we only use them to fluff our magelo.
  10. Repthor Augur

mak the point beeing that theres other problems in the raiding game thats not directly correlating to our skill set. we lose alot of dmg and midigation in the RAID game due to strike thru . witch was reported by the dev chat that some monsters might have to much strike thru, then they have intended them for hurting not just the warrior class but every tank in the game meanig its not a direct warrior problem but a Game tuneing issue thats not class related. this is why i said posting your RAID parse to hope to get dps improvements dosent accurly help fix anything cuz, say they do boost our dmg based on your parse just for the sake of it and they buff you up to 20k dps cuz thats the maker they want to hit. then they end up fixing the strike thru isssue right away warriors will see a 15% dmg incrase or so due to riposte and alof a sudden we are lookign down the barrowl of nerfs again. thats something i personaly dont want to experince if we can avoid it. beeing OP is not a good balanace. might be cool for the e- but not for the game

also your over all dmg intake is very skewed with that combind parse becoz dmg takeing when ur getting fuubared by a raid named and joe random trash mob fluxurates so much due to how our class works. we end up beeing LESS effective when we do group coontent cuz of how our passive midigation works. also out dps goes down the toilet when faceing a raid named cuz of their defensive and mostly their strike thru

again we need down scaleing tools. combidn parses with raid and group numbers dosent prove anything it just further skews the numbers
  11. Makavien Augur

Well ok then I am sorry for skewing the numbers I am not really one that focuses on parses.
    And I agree I don't want to be so op that they nerf us again.

But I don't agree that we only need downscaling abilities for groups we are not where we should be in the raid game either. It is also not just the block parry riposte problem .
  12. shiftie Augur

You mean a parse using an Alex is not a valid dps parse?

All kidding aside the only effects paladins have that are downward scaling is the ward line. On demand mitigation however that is another story. Higher hp pools won't allow you to tank all that much better unless you can also put hps back or stopgap damage. Higher ac and hp values are just compensated through damage equations etc just like how strike through is passing defensives.

Knights are combining replenishment and mitigation wars just have mitigation so like... Just mitigating isn't going to get it done...knights use a bunch of incremental abilities that stack up. Proc a heal on swings proc a heal on casting a stun etc by themselves they are mediocre add them together and you are getting somewhere. But things like this don't play nice with wars because they have no fast refresh combat spells like stuns.

Now a % chance to proc a rune on a kick or bash could work.
    Instead of an aggro proc on iss it should have been. % chance to proc a withstand type of ability.
    Give wars an imbue like crackling thunder ranger buff that procs 1 tic of flash.
    Give all wars an aa form of armor of the inquisitor.

% chance procs are viable controlled mitigation and dps.

If a war goes Bezerk add a chance to proc a large rune or other effect.

Combine things like that with a few things you can cast every 9-15 sec and you might get somewhere.
  13. Makavien Augur

Yeah we have absolutely nothing we do but bash that often. Topple i think is like every 30 secs. We can cast our hate over time every 21 or so seconds.

What the higher hp pool would do is just catch all this over healing we receive.

We kind of needed the added hate from iss at the time not so much now that we have this hate over time pet and phalanx of fury.

Our crippling % is way too low due to the fact we are usually dead after we go beserk often.

We were the first class to get this ability so I believe it should be much higher and happen at a higher % then it does right now 30% and under is not a good place for us to be any more. Bumping it up to going beserk at 50% could give us a small increase in our dps in both the raid and group game.

The only times I used alex was on king tormax lately maybe a couple times on bixie till we got the clicks good. But I don't recall anytime since Jan.

I am not sure how up to date you are on us shiftie but they showed us just recently that we could be fixed with things other then ways of healing ourselves in the form of absorbtion with no time to bleed.
  14. shiftie Augur

(I meant inquisitors judgement.)

The crux of the situation is that all the power was tied into one ability instead of spread out over a few of them.
  15. Kamea Augur

We got an ability in CotF that accomplished that and was lore appropriate for warriors: No Time to Bleed. But Shiftie-style knights whined on forums and got it nerfed.

Our new defensive disc has rune procs on it, but they're quite weak. I think it'd be appropiate for them to add rune procs to steadfast defense line of discs.

As far as changing the aggro portion of ISS, well, the bigger problem as to why the warrior class has got so few DPS and survival upgrades over the past few years (save for NTTB) is that upgrades were heavily focused around aggro. We've got a crapload of abilities that gave us aggro but nothing else over the past few years. Our aggro has been massively improved over the last few years, and our single target medium/long duration aggro blows knights out of the water now. But we're not at the point where we don't need more aggro tools, we need more DPS and survival tools.
  16. Makavien Augur

Also to this knights are a mixture of 2 classes to me that simple fact shows that you would have to use abilities from both parent classes to be exceptional.

We are the pure parent class so we should have to use half the stuff you use to be exceptional. That is why your idea of us having to activate more things to be successful fails .

Yes we should have to hit buttons but we should not have to hit more then the hybrid classes designed from us and from all my parses when i had everyone's stuff on I still did more spells then most people showed on them parses. And that didn't even show shield topple which I spam . That does not make very much sense considering we are a pure melee parent tank class of the entire archetype the only parent class in the archetype.
  17. shiftie Augur

Parent classes died in the evolution of this game that we all love. If you don't want to evolve because you are so ingrained in the ideals of a forgone era you are only hurting yourself. It is shameful that you would forego useful upgrades for your class because of this.
  18. Makavien Augur

Nothing has changed in that aspect you are still half cleric and half warrior. Every ability that you have ,the cleric class has better except maybe the hot or voa splash. The warrior also has better then everything you have received from our class but we do not fare better in most content because we have not evolved enough in some areas. Areas that are within our class design and reach but we just have not received them.
  19. Brosa Augur

If by saying "parent classes died" you mean the game has gotten so diluted that the classes have melted together from all the watering down then you are correct. Classes can evolve without becoming like one another. We don't want "useful" upgrades like self healing, heals or anything else that is specifically unique to our offspring classes. We ask for upgrades for our class based on our class. Upgrades to make us what we should be.
  20. Imableeder Elder

Shiftie is shifty, wormtongue will do his best to try to get warriors to want "utility".