The Steamfont Anniversary Mission?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caudyr, May 16, 2013.

1. Caudyr Augur

I thought the solo task + the mission for steamfont (the ones part of the 14th anniversary stuff, which was extended because of this mission to begin with) was supposed to come back with the May patch...is there any word on when this will actually be back in game?

Hard to go and finish that achievement when that task/mission still hasn't been put back into the game, yet. :(
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Get out my head Caudyr I was going to ask that !

But yes when can we expect this mission and solo task to return.
  3. Caudyr Augur

*dances around in your head*

Yeah, if it's not returned soon they're gonna have to either put another month of the 14th anniversary tasks being active...or...just remove the task from the achievement, lol. >_<
  4. Pirouette Augur

Was wondering that myself. I've heard that you can do the task right now if you already had it, but the taskgiver is still MIA... Also sucked that they pulled the easter quest guy without warning =( I know it's seasonal, but I was busy during that time and was reassured when I looked it up and saw people saying it lasted til May 27th of this year. My dreams of being a bunny forever shattered.
  5. Caudyr Augur

Go do everything there is to do quest/named killing-wise in HoT and you can be a polka dotted bunny, at least! ;)
  6. Tadenea Augur

have you checked??
    Before T3 was released they had in-game message for about a month saying it was disabled but infact it was not, I beat the mission about a week before T3 was released myself
  7. Caudyr Augur

Yeah, I definitely checked post-patch because it wasn't up on my server after they gave the message saying it was going down BEFORE that patch...but they also said it would return with the May patch.

The fact that it hasn't worries me. I'm hoping it's just that they forgot to respawn the NPCs. :(
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is on the MOTD when you log in now says that it is returning soon.....how soon soon is, is another question.
  9. Caudyr Augur

"Soon" being right after it deactivates for the year, preventing people from finishing their achievement this year, i guess! :p
  10. Augur Developer

Hey guys,

My apologies for not keeping you better informed while we work out the issues with this mission. As most of you know, the mission was disabled due to technical issues. It took some time (and some intensive code browsing) to uncover exactly what was causing the problem, but we believe we've found the offending bits and solved them.

I tested a new version of the mission on Friday and it seems to be working within acceptable parameters (aka not stealing CPU power from the rest of the server). It is going to QA today for stress-testing, and if it passes inspection, we'll be pushing it to the test server first, then live servers if it works well there.

I don't have an ETA currently, but we're optimistic it will be back soon (tm). We know that it is a big problem (get it?) that this mission is not currently active, and getting it back on live is one of our top priorities atm.

EDIT: I should also note that a few of the mechanics have changed in the mission as a result of these tunings. They should all be accompanied by messaging in-game to help ease the transition. The biggest change is that there can only be 3 gnome skeletons at a time, and they only apply the damage debuffs to the giant skeleton that summoned them, not all skeletons within range.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Aura issuses basically? they are nice effects, too bad they kill performance.
  12. fransisco Augur

Will the pre-req quests become available again too?
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for the update, Augur.

Are the new 2013 14th Anniversary quests still due to end on June 26 or is that date going to be extended due to the fact some of them have been missing for so long?
  14. Augur Developer

Yes, the pre-requisite quest will be activated again too.

There were a few things, but, yeah, the auras and the spell-land scripts on all those little gnome skeletons were the big offenders.

Unfortunately, I have no insight into this side of thigns. I would assume that the date is staying the same unless an official post is made saying otherwise.
  15. Pirouette Augur

Thanks a ton for the information Augur. Here I was thinking I wouldn't have a shot at them until next year!