The Source of Rot

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ixebundy, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Ixebundy New Member

I am doing the source of rot quest and created Mage Lock but did not get the update. I am with Willow and Ixemajik and they are getting the update but I am not. I finished the quest with my group, I have the mage Lock on me to prove what I have done so far and Willow and Ixemajik will show you I finished it. I received the Empowerment Magestone when the rest of the group updated, I even got the tasks adding me the next steps (which I finished and shows up in mt quest Journal).
  2. Ixebundy New Member

UPDATE---- Got this:
    Justin "Woebot" C.
    Today at 08:03
    Greetings Traveler,

We will be unable to assist you with your quest. As the quest was not conducted solo, you will need to drop the task and conduct the quest as it was intend
    What a joke!
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, that is the way the quest is intended. Its nice that some solo quests allow us to work it as a group and everyone gets all the rewards but if it doesn't work then we really can't complain.

It be like getting upset cause one has to use the patcher to make the game work right or to have special things work right;) . Or the lady at starbick used to give you extra what ever free but no longer does that - working as intended.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Which specific step is not updating? I think from your post you're probably on

Weaken the spirits haunting the tower and capture them with the Magelock Stone 0/10 (Tower of Rot)

Do you have any of the 10 updates checks here? Could maybe have a group member repeat the first part of the task to get another magelock stone and then force some more updates to your quest? The 10 magelock stone clicks give shared credit within the group. Might just have to start your own quest over though, I dunno for sure.

GM Woebot has been sending that completely nonsense "solo tasks are meant to be done solo" response for at least 6 years now. This task was a legit challenge for a full group of raid geared characters in the era it was released. Just because a task is assigned individually doesn't mean it is intended to be completed that way. The players all know this, but cut poor Woebot a break. We can't expect him to know basic things about the game when giving CS responses.
  5. Ixebundy New Member

6. Ixebundy New Member

7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

In that case, if all other steps are completed, I'd probably try just killing the ritualist again for another Raw Mana Flask, farming 8 more Magelock Fragments, and doing the combine for the Magelock Stone again to get that step to update. Waiting for CS to update your quest completion will probably never get you anywhere, or would at the very least take much longer.