'The Server has stopped responding'

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smakk, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Smakk Journeyman

I know Agnarr is a busy server, but the last few days I've tried to enter specific zones (CT and Lguk) and was effectively locked out with my character stuck somewhere in limbo. I thought a new instance of the zone was supposed to open when enough people where already in one?

I can still log in a level 1 and run around the newbie zones, but here recently trying to zone into one of these more populated zones is becoming a hassle.

Please take a look at the threshold of opening a new instance so we can at least zone in without the game world crashing.
  2. Tevez Augur

Never had this happen yet, any chance it could be your net when picking into high pop zones?
  3. Notafel Journeyman

I've had this happen a few times on Phinny. Oddly enough it just happened a few minutes ago.

Symptoms:

1. A particular zone becomes a black hole that I cannot zone into.
    2. It is not unique to one character or one account, any character I try to bring to the zone gets stuck.
    3. It is not unique to computers, both my main computer and alternate computer are unable to zone into the affected zone.
    4. GMs (or other trusted people when GMs are experiencing "high petition volume") can move my characters out just fine.
    5. I can zone into the same zones on other servers with no issues (ruling out zone file corruption).
    6. Killing EQgame.exe and reloading, I get the option to remove my currently logged in character from the world, but after about 2 minutes at a seemingly frozen character select screen I suddenly get a black screen telling me "The server is not responding." and a split second later "You have been disconnected."
    Currently I have 2 characters stuck in Butcherblock on Phinny waiting for a return home button to be available. Back when my guild was raiding Kael, I had a rather frustrating run where East Wastes wouldn't let me zone in and the GM that answered my petitions kept putting me back in Great Divide rather than my destination in Kael.
    If I were to guess, I'd say that there's a route issue between a particular zone server and my ISP. I'd be interested to see if someone else using my ISP had the same zone issues, but unfortunately I don't know anyone else in town that plays Everquest :(.

On the bright side, it usually gets fixed at the next patch or full server reset (or full server crash).
  4. Smakk Journeyman

Looks like I'm not the only one having this exact same problem. Very odd, and very random. It really sucks trying to just run thru a zone (got stuck in HHP too) and the only way to free a character is to wait for the 'Return Home' button to become active again.
  5. Notafel Journeyman

Bit of a thread necro, but had this happen again as of the mainteance earlier today, only this time its Guild Lobby that has become the black hole zone of the patch. Welp there goes Throne of Heroes' utility for a while :(.