The sad tale of human on mount face

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozni, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ozni Elder

This is my human mage. Usually he's fairly calm and even-tempered, and not a bad looking gent if I do say so myself.

[IMG]

But when he gets on his mount... something changes.

[IMG]

You can see it in his eyes. The eyes, that expression, communicating an implicit fear. He's afraid.

[IMG]

Thoughts race through his mind at max runspeed. His mount is silently telling him things. Secret things. Terrible things.

[IMG]

Patch notes.

So this is by no means a glaring glitch, but it's definitely noticeable and not terribly appealing. I figured since our resident superdev semi-recently decided to go back and fix the longstanding mounted-elf-shield-twisty-bug like a boss, this might also be looked into at some future point. Thanks!
    Ragbert, Suifeng, Xanathol and 22 others like this.
  2. Daegun Augur

This thread is awesome. I almost choked on my coffee.
    Suifeng and Mayfaire like this.
  3. Gragas Augur

Could be he has a bad case of saddle sores from silk dress chafing him?
    Mintalie, Mayfaire and Sinestra like this.
  4. idej Augur

He has his concentration face on since we can meditate on mount. How do I know this? This is the face I make every morning reading the paper in the bathroom.
  5. Phrett Augur

6. Kiillz Augur

constipation.... just saying....ever try holding a log in while horseback riding?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Momentum Elder

I never knew EQ characters where capable of such complex facial expressions. It would almost be a shame to fix this...
  8. Potawatomi Augur

Edrick likes this.
  9. Edrick Augur

10. Braveheart Augur

Check the placement of the Saddle Horn. He might be riding too high in the saddle.
    Suifeng and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Pelvic inflammatory disease / elephantitus? Could be lots of reason
  12. A-Quad Augur

I can relate! Great thread.
  13. Duron New Member

14. Pizzicato New Member

I googled 'sad human face' to troll a friend on FB and I ended back up here in a thread full of win...
    Mayfaire likes this.
  15. frankie78227 Augur

16. Usullx Lorekeeper

Looks like the eyes of the model are upside down causing the skin to distort in odd ways such as the stretching of the eyebrows.
  17. Duhbeast Augur

it's the G-force from all of that speed!
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The only thing he's sad about is that his avatar driver rolled a human at char select, clearly a crushing failure!

Definitely a good thread tho, even necro'd.
  19. Eaiana Augur

That's just his RMF (Resting Mount Face)
    Suifeng likes this.
  20. Ozni Elder

Just an update for everyone, Human on Mount Face mage has since gotten married to a wonderful Heroic Raptor Mount druid who permanently stares toward the sky and they're expecting their first hideous child sometime next February.
    Suifeng, Sancus and Sirene_Fippy like this.