The ROF expansion sure feels empty.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rykear, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Cicelee Augur

Even so, how many Pacific time zone guilds are raiding between 10:00pm to 1:00am? Sure I can see the first hour, but generally raids are ending and people are going to sleep. Unless you mean Pacific as in players in Hawaii and Japan and such. Which probably means not many Everquest players from those areas of the world...
  2. Markn New Member

Having no progression for groupers is the the devs have ever done and that list is pretty big of dumb they did. Progression made people work on each zone or at least do the missions. Having no progression = why go to this zone when it drops nothing I want.
  3. Danille Augur

Ive seen the opposite of the orginal post. Shard landing zones are chock full. Perhaps your playtime is off normal hours or your server is low population? Mostly folks complain on Bristlename that all the camps are taken in Shards Landing ans most t1 zones
  4. Gladare Augur

They've "tried" it a lot more than in Underfoot. This is the only expansion in years that they haven't locked something. It was spells and aa's in VoA behind language until later in the expansion even though the zones weren't locked. HoT as an easy, catch-up expansion was done a lot better than this one.
  5. roguerunner Augur

Plenty of people in lots of zones, I think it's just your server
  6. Ronak Augur

And by "zones" he means non-RoF ones. Working on Slayer.
  7. Shanaie Lorekeeper

That's not the issue the OP stated. S/he said leaving SL is the problem. The further you get from SL, the fewer people there are (according to the first post). I think it's safe to say Shards Landing is packed on all servers (someone called it the Dragonscale Hills of this expansion and that is so apropos). But as you progress beyond SL, the zones tend to take on a Hills of Shade-esque quality (to stretch the DSH analogy to its breaking point), as far as population is concerned.
  8. Nelson Lorekeeper

You don't need to tank her during her mini-spawn phases. And when that part's over, beat her until she comes off of root and pull her into the tunnel.
  9. Gladare Augur

"But as you progress beyond SL, the zones tend to take on a Hills of Shade-esque quality (to stretch the DSH analogy to its breaking point), as far as population is concerned."

Eh, I'd go with Bloodmoon or MMM.
  10. SpamFactory Augur

I actually think zero group progression is fantastic.

there is a lot of ROF content I have zero interest in and I'm glad it's not being shoved down my throat and I can go straight to the content that is actually worth doing.
  11. Rykear Elder

I stayed in SL for along time doing quests, tasks, and farming a bit of armor. I can see why the zone is popular and, why many stay here.
    Agree here as we'll. I don't think that I will back to early zones unless guildies need help or company here.

I have not had much problem so far up to crystal caverns. Did die a few times in CC but was more due to my haste on getting things done there to move on rather than being super hard or a difficult area.

I am gearing as I go but not had best of luck. I am working three toons and only have bracers for all three and a glove. Have heard KD is a nice farm zone so may stop there to gear some more.

Have heard Grelleth is place to camp in T2. ATM is where I plan on camping T2.

Could be and sounds exciting. I have thought about this and do not think I could swap since have so much time in old EQ.
  12. Rykear Elder

Will continue more here as a single mid type wiped out a few replies from the IPad.

I could see it and was thinking any returners in the F2P era would struggle from HOT to ROF. I do think with some help ppl could skip VOA and join in T1.

I felt frustrated I could not really reap rewards inT4 VOA so had a strong line not to buy next expat with harder named. I spent a lot of time gearing in T4 and just could not get my toons geared there even picking the named I could handle. Additionally, was not happy on the spells/AA delay in ROF.

When I feel this way, I start doing alts. Have a ranger and pally coming up slowly and may do a cleric on second account.

Also thought my times could be a factor but is a good time for PST players. You spend your time with family till bedtime and avoid a lot of wife Argo by playing late.

Thanks Shang. I am on CT which am happy with in the most part minus not raising which is due to my limited playtime duration. I play a SK/Shaman duo or a Clr/Shaman team

Yeah, CT has had a good amount of PST players and one raid opportunity late night.
  13. Crystilla Augur

For the OP, if you do mean 10 pacific - 1am pacific, that's almost starting to fall into oceanic territory (I think?). The Pacific raid guilds will have ended or be ending in that time frame; many may go to bed so you'll have the late night owls still up.

Bertox has 1 Australian timezone guild (Wreckers). But really just need to look at a couple servers (can make level 1's and look at whose online via /general, /who etc.) and see which has best grouping opportunities for you at that time range.
  14. Rykear Elder

Agree here. I was on fence to buy or not for almost a month after release.

Well two main ones raid in my times Sacred Fyre and Ne Ce Malice.. There are also a few earlier in the evenings like Descendats. Unfortunately, I have not started raiding again and probably will not since play duration is limited.

I do the progression regardless so with regards to me not apply. I can see how this could affect pops in general.

SL has been full for sure. Am in CC ATM and, have seen at most 10 total people including my box and self. Will hit KD by Tuesday and will see there.

I could not find the post but there was one post that asked about how good a player I am. I would say I think I am not elite but do not suck: middle ground. I boxed through VOA for the most part missing the harder T3 missions and not able to see a lot of T4 as I brought shaman from1 to 95 with 1700 AAs.

I will bring up one more thing which may apply. Since I began boxing, I am very relaxed with playing as is with box vice prior boxing where I was aggressive in building groups. Of course, this is not me not getting groups just an observation on lack of ppl and why.

Once again, thank you for your replies

Rykear
  15. Rykear Elder

Crystilla,

Spot on. I was a Hawaiian based player before moving back to the mainland 7 years ago.

Rykear
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am not sure about the missions, but it is the Partisan Tasks which are the real XP getter. They give a nominal amount for the tasks themselves like 1-3% real XP at 95-97 plus 4-9 AAs; then on top of that completing the Achievement for each zone gives 24% of the XP needed to go from 100 to 101 (which at 97 translated to 29% of a level). The kill tasks are about 1% for each task, maybe a few AA (I forget); and then 6% of 100 to 101 for completing the Achievement per zone. I have not successfully completed any of the group missions, but I would expect them to similarly reward just for the mission 1-3% real XP and 4-9AA; for completing the Achievement for each zone they give 6% of 100 to 101.

What I seem to be finding is that a lot of players in the non-primetime playing times don't seem to be aware of the XP benefits of doing the Partisan tasks; though they are considerably minimal if you already went and grinded to 100 otherwise. If you are finding a lot of sub 100 people LFG, try to get them to group up with you and do the tasks from the start using the achievement XP as a good reason to. I know there are some higher end monks who did most all of the T1 and some of the T2 Partisans and kill tasks molo'ing and no grinding at all and got to 98 or 99. I have to say that SOE has a good reason to do the tasks at least once and with the tasks overlapping fairly well you can usually finish one while someone else is doing another part of an earlier task.
  17. Gladare Augur

Only SL partisan is 24%. The rest of the partisans are 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, and one 20%. A few duplicates of some of those %'s.
  18. Shang Augur

someone like this post so i read it again in the morning please.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Recnarp Augur

**** i accidentally hit report
  20. Shang Augur

So, are we going to be kill partners or not pal?