The Reason Why Some of us Are Frustrated with Daybreak Games

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Stymie Pendragon

In that situation it sounds like they had to release content before it was finished, most likely to hit quarterly or annual financial goals. You could call it not being truthful, but it's not contempt.

Contempt for gaming customers can be demonstrated by how a certain competitor removed flying from their game only to give it back through a long quest versus just buying it at max level like it had been for years prior. Their bottom line tanked and they were forced to cave, but not without a jab to the customers for having the audacity to complain. Oh, and they also made it so that by the time you got it the content was pretty much obsolete removing most of its usefulness.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Zapanx New Member

How about this: show up in ectunnel and i'll let you roll for the ring. 990+ it's yours. Anything else you buy it for 40kr (what I paid for it). Engage away!
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Imagine paying 40kr for that ring in 2021.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Can I haz kronos? I'm about out.
  5. Atomos Augur

Any explanation of this, and for exactly what period it's meant about?
  6. sadre Augur

New player, my Mom used to play while/after she had me, a cleric. I think she even dated a player? Not clear and she's not alive anymore, so "the mists of time" etc.

But I'm posting here because, has anyone else noticed enchanter charm is completely broken? One of my Mom's boyfriends played an enchanter, and I remember her saying his charisma was basically an empty stat except for vendors.

I miss my mom. And I wonder if that enchanter boyfriend still plays? If he does I bet he is enjoying how suddenly charm is god mode!
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Broken in an overpowered way? Enjoy it, because it gets harder later on. They recently toned it down by making charmed pets slightly less powerful (25% less if I recall).

That's my view as well but there are Team Charisma members lurking so watch out.
  8. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Did someone in a previous reply just call Absor a troll?

Here's the definition of a "troll" from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/troll

2a: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content
    to harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts

2b: to act as a troll

2c: to harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts

Absor didn't deserve to be called this. He's worked tirelessly on EverQuest for many years and we are very grateful to him for his passion and appreciate his contributions to the MMORPG that we call home. I would think that insulting a Daybreak Games developer is not a smart thing to do if you want to be taken seriously and retain your forum privileges.
  9. sadre Augur

Ur ExpeCtatioNs haVE nO Power HERe BronTus HahahahAHH
  10. sadre Augur

Let me clarify. You needed to add a "both." "...if you want to both... etc...."

Because no one should take me seriously. And I've been around forever.

(sorry Accipiter. Now you know.)
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

!!!