The queue alone isn't even the worst problem...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gearrwin, May 30, 2020.

1. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

It's the sudden random crash to desktop combined with the queue that makes this all so horrible. Has there even been any acknowledgement that there is a crash bug? Please fix the crash bug.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  2. Creedmonk Augur

I think I've narrowed down what is causing it for me earlier. I was fooling around early this morning trying to recreate what I was doing. It seemed to be when I was in the /lfg window and searched for groups looking for players I instantly crashed, 2 times in a row. Was that what you were doing?
  3. Ruiner Elder

Yeah just happened to me and now im in a 3 hour queue apparently. Devs are just radio silent on this?
  4. strider209 New Member

I got on this morning, casted 2 buffs on myself, and the game crashed. I didn't use the lfg window. I've also crashed in the middle of casting a DD spell on a spider. I don't think it's any 1 thing that's causing it. And Gearrwin, the queue is the worst thing because if you crashed and there was no queue then you wouldn't need to worry about it!
  5. nagash101 Augur

if you are Boxing and you aren't using something to setup a separate IP for your other account/computer you will get disconnected because of Truebox or Crash. Even if you are playing with a family member on the same IP address you will need to set something up to avoid the Truebox issues. It has been an issue from the being for the TLP servers and DBG hasn't even bothered to look at it or even acknowledge it.
  6. Healiez Augur

The best thing you can do is try to recreate the crash when there is no queue and once you have submit a bug report with specifics on what causes the crash.

Also google what is happening, odds are someone has had your issue and fixed it.

A few common causes of crashes.
    The advloot window getting to full, have whoever is in charge of the Advl keep it running and keep it clean, that thing getting to full can cause you to crash. THIS ONE seems to be the culprit A LOT

The LFG window is buggy AF, just avoid it.

EQ hates not being the center of attention, do whatever you can to not minimize your EQ window or have it running in the background. Play in windowed or FS windowed mode.

turn your spellcasting graphics down, and set the distance you see them lower. Even if that player is behind a wall in a close room they are still generating pixels your PC is processing, Turning down the distance in which you see pixels from spellcasting eases some strain.

TURN OFF FLORA
  7. Jeggred Baenre New Member

Have not crashed once, from either my top end PC and my junker notebook (AMD believe it or not) that i paid 180$ 3? Years ago and just wont die.

More than likely its IRQ conflict on your PC, usually a sound,graphic combo that crashes what ever your doing to desktop
  8. Healiez Augur

Yup it is 99..99999% of the time on your end.

I only crashed once and that is because I was mucking with my monitor configurations while EQ was loaded. I know it was a big nono but tried anyway.
  9. Fewmaster New Member

The only 3 times that I got disconnected was when I invited my box to the group. The second I hit accept, poof! it just crashes to desktop. I would guess there is something wonky with truebox code/limitations etc.
  10. Mybag Journeyman

I crashed a few times because of LFG window and loot window ( strange part is I never have crash issues on TLP's unless the que system is running ) then waited in que again for 2-3+hours /wrist ………..seriously! I get that crashes happen and the point of the que system but is it really hard to add in some kind of timer to log back in and skip the que? like if someone crashes but they log back within 30mins they can bypass the que or even 5-10mins before the spot is filled.
  11. Thygrym Elder

Are you in a group and using the advanced loot window? If that window gets too many items in it, you'll crash every time it opens.
  12. strider209 New Member

I just crashed again casting a fire spell on a beetle. I had been on for several hours before that running all over the place, buying stuff, killing stuff, etc. I didn't join any groups, I didn't go lfg. I looked in my application logs and there was no log created.
  13. Oscypek New Member

Yesterday i played for hours without crashes. This morning i randomly crashed 4 times within 10 minutes. then i was able to play for about an hour. Now i just log in after waiting 2hours and crashed within 10 minutes, que time is another 2 hours to get in. it is not the pc as i am using a different computer than i was this morning. same problem
  14. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

The funny part of the crashes is they happen more on the newer high end systems than the crappy ones people are using for their 2nd box... Guess there is more synergy by playing the crappily coded game on a crappy computer.
  15. Rexic84 New Member

I've had my PC randomly restart 3 times today while playing, with no error messages or anything. It is quite frustrating.