The Price Of Everquest.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zalde, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Shang Augur

Thank you!
  2. Moklianne Augur

I pay $29.25 every three months because I signed up during that sale last year. So, there's your $10 a month without prepaying a whole year.

The real issue is not that it costs too much for an antiquated game with old content. It costs too much for some because of antiquated graphics. People just can't bring themselves to consider it a good game based on the visuals. Its unfortunate, but its the materialistic society we live in currently.
  3. Leerah Augur

A guildy told us today that his new accounts are renewing at $17.99/mo. I told him that can't be right because if they raised the price stealthily there would be something about it here. Why do you think his newer accounts are doing this?
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If it happening like he says I'd say it a screw up since the SC Store still has it at 14.99 for monthly reoccurring. He should probably get with CS sooner rather than later.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Leerah Augur

That's what we said. It happened in Dec. and Jan. Thanks.
  6. Tornat Augur

if they can run planetside 2 free with a cash shop , there is no reason they can't do gold with a cash shop. im all for paying for expansions but sub no they don't give big content updates with the sub money like other games do. hell i would be up for more adventure pack 20 $ mini expansions 4 times a year at lest the money would be going somewhere.
  7. boukk_sebilis Augur

Really to be attractive EQ shouldn't be more than 9.99/month.
  8. Talif Augur

Sounds like a 3 month at a time All Access account. He might have clicked something wrong last time he setup his recurring payments. Or he bought a Krono, since that's the price they're going for in singles.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Leerah Augur

No, he got billed for Dec. AND Jan. for that one account. I asked him about the Krono but last billing was Jan. 11. One thing we didn't check is if he somehow got listed as a European address. With their taxes, etc, they're paying over $US 18.
  10. Tegila Augur

that could very well be. if hes using a card of zipcode on his account, or even has the clocks and timzeones on his computers set for other countries, his price could be off. i had taht at one point bc my machiens were still set to Guam time (which is us terriroty but was flagged as being in japan or australia or soemthing) and some really weird stuff was going on, idk with which game or which part but it was a billing thing and i was in the US with us cc etc, jsut had my computers still set to guam, just like having yoru clock set wrong can throw off your disc reuse timers etc, some thigns go off the clientside clock for some reason
  11. Time Burn Augur

The game quality could improve if they kept the sub price current with inflation. I'm guessing they run a skeleton crew compared to what it could be if simply adjusted for inflation.
  12. Sinestra Augur

I would agree if most other games weren't charging the same price and getting along just fine.
  13. Starla Elder

One cup of coffee is like triple that cost.
    EQ is sounding cheaper and cheaper to me.
  14. Addicted New Member

So I have been playing for 11 years now and pay only $99.00 a year and have been since I first started playing. Figuring the initial cost of the first 3 expansions in a multi-pack at 40.00 and every expansion since at around 40.00 I figure that I have paid roughly $1769.00 to Sony to play Everquest.
    Over the 11 years that only comes to $2.25 a day or there about.
  15. Tegila Augur

um you divided backwards. thats only 44cents a day. the way yo udid it you're actually figuring how many days you get for a dollar, which is 2.25 days or 54 hours. 54 hours for a dollar is under 2 cents each though which isnt bad
  16. Toquillaw Augur

We have 12 accounts right now, each is on the $89.88 per year plan offered last summer. Annually we pay $1078.56 (no expansions since we play on progression servers). Dividing the cost by 365 brings to cost to $2.95 per day for all 12 accounts. It's good value for us, and like others have said it still about the same price as a coffee every day. Same days we go nuts, and have coffee AND eq. We sure know how to party. :D
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

EQ isn't expensive. If you're playing EQ you very likely own a half way decent computer and pay for broadband internet access.

If its so expensive as to be prohibitive, then you probably should re-evaluate your choices in terms of your budget, or just accept the limits of the FTP model on this or some other game.
  18. Prathun Developer

This math doesn't add up. :oops:
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. zalde New Member

20. SpamFactory Augur

I don't think EQ is too expensive (except for the $3 premium on kronos but thats another thread), but I really think the comparissons to movies and coffee and other things are just silly.

there are SO MANY options for entertainment today, especially compared to 1999. there are also many forms of free entertainment out there today. in my opinion comparing the cost of EQ to the cost of some other kind of enterntainment is silly since for every source that is more expensive than EQ (like a movie) you can find some source that is cheaper than EQ. the price of EQ should only be compared to other similiar forms of enterntainment ( like other MMOs).