The Plat duper is buying up all Krono on Mischief and Thornblade

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OpenSource, Oct 15, 2021.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Depends on time of day, amount of plat sitting on the buyer side and if anyone is buying in bulk from the seller listings to drive the price.

36.5k - 42k last 24 hours
    The swings are variable at the moment depending on the folks who hoard platinum / krono to do mischievous :rolleyes: things.
    Accipiter likes this.
  2. OpenSource Journeyman

100% more than it would have been without the plat exploit.
  3. Nolrog Augur

There are 68 krono for sale on Thornblade right now, ranging from 42000 to 59999
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Achillez Elder

It looks like predictions once again proved correct. Another surge yesterday bumped krono prices from 40k to 60k in less than 24 hours. We are less than 2 weeks into Luclin and prices of krono have officially doubled on both servers since it's launch. Nothing fishy, all those new named in Luclin for sure dropped enough plat loot to double what's plat in circulation (spoiler: Luclin drops sell for jack to vendors). I personally don't care as much now seeing everyone is selling gear I need for plat instead of krono, but funny to see none the less.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Please, post proof of a plat dupe.. by proof I mean a video of it being done.

OR better yet, send that to the Dev's/CS. Otherwise, please stop spreading misinformation. Krono prices go up. That's what they do. Its a bit.. I dunno.. silly acting all shocked that the prices keep going up on a server where you can freely buy and sell raid loot. Of course people will be actively farming plat here, moreso then normal. (I mean, I try to XP in places with better cash drops for just this reason) There are more nice things to buy with it.

Add in all the GDKP guilds here? If there was a real active plat dupe they would all switch back to DKP in a heartbeat.
    Ozon, Duder and jeskola like this.
  6. Achillez Elder

You are right, I have no video proof of this, therefor absolutely nothing happened. All those who said they saw it first hand are lying without a doubt. The devs doing the investigation were misguided and trolled and absolutely nothing came of it so they didn't even bother to post the results. Krono prices doubling in 13 days is just what happens on random loot TLPs, I should wake up - lets move on, I am wrong!
  7. Zanarnar Augur

yup. That is what I'm saying.

I can make any claim I want; get a few friends to back me up and now it really happened right? This is how we're in the place we are IRL. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. IF your claiming X happened, you better have some proof showing X happened, otherwise its just hearsay.
    Duder and jeskola like this.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You can make 1k - 6k a krono trade depending on time of day for buying / selling.
    Some of us have hundreds if not thousands of krono to trade.
    It's literally like printing plat.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Stop being modest, you can say tens of thousands
  10. Abundant Elder

Something illegitimate is definitely going on there is too much plat in circulation.

Can the GMEs ban GME and Boomerang too for blatantly automated afking at origin points and Nexus. Smh for Pete sake.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

9999 is the limit on a single account.

But for Achillez just this morning I was able to sell 11 krono for an average of 57.2k, I just checked my buyer side and rebought all 11 for 52.5k per, grand total 51kish for about 15 minutes.

If you track the /barter and /baz sides you'll start to notice when to list and buy, if you want to manipulate a bit you'll need to carry around 20 - 50 krono of plat available to buyout the /baz and set a higher limit as the /barter side is carrying a high amount of plat waiting to buy. On some days the swings are quite high.

While you may lose plat with this method the overall wealth of your plat empire grows while making it more difficult for those stuck at a lower buying level. For instance the jump from around 30k to 36k days ago trapped some users who were selling at 32k and rebuying at 28 - 30k, as no Krono was available for them not to take a loss and then less people play the krono game buy and sell game.

On agnarr these type of methods were prevalent but there were 3 - 4 big players then.
  12. Achillez Elder

I appreciate the post but I think it is slightly missing the point. The issue I am bringing is not an individual's capacity to make platinum, but the over abundance of platinum in circulation (while it is fair to say you made 50k in 15 minutes, you did not bring 50k new platinum into circulation).

The pattern is very clear and makes completely logical sense in a state of supply vs demand. You have a week where krono are a fairly stable with the price slowly increasing very marginally day to day, hovering in the 40k realm. Then one day the 100 or so krono priced in the 40k range are all bought all at once. Sellers see this and raise prices to 45-50-55-60k all in one day as they continue to be bought out. The next day, whatever caused this giant number of purchases in krono ceases and you start seeing prices dip again to 55k and slightly under, as many continue to buy with whatever plat they have left for fear of another spike to 70-80k.

What happened is pretty clear, what was behind it is not.
  13. Sunriver Journeyman

The server crash and the multiple bazaar resets allowed for this to happen. It's not a coincidence.
    Duder likes this.
  14. OpenSource Journeyman

The plat dupers have been aggressively buying up krono now that the bazaar is out. They have 500+ million available for them to spend so prices rising makes no matter to them.
  15. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

This thread makes no sense. If you are buying Krono for "resale purposes" you drive the price down so you can get more krono for your platinum. Why would a cheater drive the price of Krono up? They don't need to sell krono for more platinum?

I'm sorry but logic takes a hit in your argument.
  16. OpenSource Journeyman

When you have basically unlimited plat, like the plat dupers, you dont care about the price. You just need to krono so you can resell it on other sites.

They have an estimated 2 billion in plat. If they buy 100 krono a day for 5 million plat a day they wont run out of plat for 400 days. These servers have a short lifespan and its important to get the krono as soon as possible.
  17. suinegEQ Elder

I love these random estimated numbers.

Also guilds do payouts in those windows where the krono fluctuates .... I love seeing this conspiracy thread get bumped the same time somebody makes up almost the exact same posts on FoH.
  18. Sunriver Journeyman

Yeah, I'd really love to see how Elderan comes up with his 500 million plat number.
  19. Punchu Augur

Real talk. How much have you managed to convert to USD?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. suinegEQ Elder

About tree fiddy.
    MasterMagnus likes this.