The Perfect Storm!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, May 21, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

Although I appreciate the updates . How bout an actual update or post stating some type of an apology and a hey as soon as this is over we will give you guys (are loyal fan base) a bonus XP or rare spawns or something .. I'm hoping for bonus xp

although you could also give us a 5 dose bottle of xp in our /claim window for 50% 4 hours each so that way we can use them when we can .. cause some of us work during the weekends ..

how bout anniv tasks reapplied for anther 2 weeks !!

I know down times are expected during patch's . but were at 40 hours now i believe .. and that is for just these last few days .. what about all the other crashes and "scheduled maintenance " for the last 2 months .

Dev's need to make this right .. your silence is not helpful.

just some snips from a few of your updates on the downtime page : this was when the downtime was extended to 10pm on the 20th

"The specific reason for this extension is that we have finalized checks on a successful merge at 2 PM PDT. We can now move forward with the other merges and the live patch, which is what is accounted for in this extension."

so from 2pm to 10pm 8 hours you have had to finish up with the merges and do the live patch ..
    this is from the next update which was posted 9:50pm on the 20th

"UPDATE - We are extending the current downtime, this is unrelated to the server merge process as it is now complete. It is related to the normal live patch and as such has no current ETA while the team investigates the issues."

then the last update which was done around 1:30 am on the 21st ..
    "UPDATE - During the live patch we've run into multiple issues with some of the new hardware, those are in the process of being tracked down and solved but at this time there is no ETA."
    how is the live patch giving you guys so much issues when they were all put on test server and TESTED right ? all merges are done and no longer issues with that .. so why are you having issues with the new hardware ?

wasn't the new hardware done back in February for data migration to new hardware ? here is the post update from Feb 3rd for the upcoming patch on the 2-11 patch
    "Hello Everyone,

Below is the initial post to let all players know of an extended downtime update that is necessary to complete a one-time data migration. We will be posting occasional reminders in the coming days and will have one final one the morning of in order to make sure you are all prepared.

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 10:00 AM PST for an extended update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 24 hours."
    granted this downtime was back up way before the 24 hours was deadline , but wait then we had another downtime on February 14th for an additional 3 hours at least thats what the post said ..
    then over the course of the last 3 months we've had countless downtime , from crashes to emergency patches to "scheduled maintenance " and patches to fix the patches ..

March 3rd servers were down for an estimated 30min .. im sure if i go looking i can find that it prolly took longer than 30min to get servers back up

March 6th servers brought offline for an emergency patch estimated downtime 3 hours
    3-8 Bertox crashed was down 30min roughly
    3-11 server downtime
    3-18 server downtime
    3-31 servers crashed .. at least bertox and few others
    4-6 vox and few other servers crashed
    4-10 xegony locked "crashed" prolly a few others as well
    4-14 server downtime estimated downtime 13 hours
    4-15 server downtime estimated downtime 3 hours due to finding an issue from previous patch.
    4-16th servers went down "crashed " im guessing but they were offline from 9am roughly to 6:30pm and this was to fix stuff from the previous patches
    4-17th multiple servers crash and stability issues
    4-20th bertox went down .. not sure for how long
    4-22 servers down for a "hotfix"
    5-1 servers went down they were down roughly 3 to 4 hours extended thru 5-2
    5-3 servers down again ..
    5-6 servers down again
    and of course this downtime on
    5-19 downtime approx 24 hours .. extended multiple times

this does not include the single server crashes like AB and cazic .. also im sure ive missed a couple more ..

that is alot of downtime .. and although I did not add up the hours im sure it equates to a week at least ..

any other company would be groveling at their player base .. we pay your salary .. you want to keep us .. you have to keep us .. we want some kind of compensation pls .. I know im not the only one thinking this ..
    4-23 server downtime approx 3 hours
    5-1 servers crashed for roughly an hour or 2 before they were brought back up ..
    5-6 multiple servers crashed and all servers had issues with login/accounts servers were down roughly 3 hours
    dreadlord likes this.
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

You really need to get out more if you can't take a few extra hours away from EQ.

Sure the downtime was extended, but all the testing in the world can't predict a curve ball. At least we got some updates and the reasons behind the extra downtime.
    Tucoh and GNOME_POWER like this.