The Ore Report

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Narogg, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Narogg Augur

Hehe this person gets it!
  2. Narogg Augur

So basically on some servers. You can have all the pp you want and no mats to buy... this shows where the mats are and the sell prices
  3. Narogg Augur

Who said I'm calculating anything? This a a report not a analysis. Some people will understand the value of this. Others will simple shake there head and never understand.
  4. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

You have become better at Condescension!(261)
    fransisco likes this.
  5. Thrillho Augur

How is it that you're getting your data?

I think this could be a good idea, but the execution of it is lacking. I don't know a single person who would pay for a subscription to find a single item across multiple servers, and they certainly wouldn't pay now that the expansion is multiple months old and the initial craze is dying off, as well as the TS drops themselves are being increased. Perhaps if this were launched before RoS launched, you could have been established.

With that said, if you were to add items to the list, that could be a bit more useful. There are lots of items that have value. TS items, TSed items, collectibles, and spells all come to mind. Again, I don't know how you're getting your data, but I would expect that acquiring data from two items wouldn't be more laborious than acquiring data from one.

I've got plenty of marketplace coins to burn through (thank you monthly claims!), and plenty of kronos (thank you rares!). Cross-server shopping is well within my grasp, and if I found something on one server that I need (a set of collectibles?), I might be inclined to drop a toon there, sell a krono, and bring the collectible(s) and leftover plat back to my server. A tool like this to allow me to look for multiple high-turnover items would be useful. At the moment though, it isn't.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

So you are basically just tracking prices in the bazaar? Both buyers and sellers? For this to be truly of value (in terms of people paying for) you will need to do this for a wider range of mats and possibly items than just one small set of items. The people who would be most interested in something like this are the resellers and if they find a tool like this could make them more plat in game and convert that into kronos it might hold real monetary value on your end in terms of people paying. The thing is all the big boy (and girl) resellers already know their respective market but this might free up some of their time doing daily price checks. The casual just looking to buy or sell a couple mats is probably not going to pay for something like this.
  7. DomeGuy23 New Member

Back in the PoP, GoD days (when the Bazaar was shiny and new) there was a site called EQEcon. It was actually quite comprehensive. It had a free option and a premium option that you paid a small fee for. It was awesome, tracking prices all all servers.

The model did not prove profitable enough to survive EQs declining enrollment over the years and by Underfoot (or earlier) it was gone.
  8. Narogg Augur