The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I don't like the TASK SYSTEM...it is inferior, and now when forced on us, creates "false difficulty" that just wastes our time just like the trials did in TBL. Just one example I gave about someone levitated over a walk to completion marker failed to received that task marker just because they were levitated in the Y axis....they were right where they were supposed to me. They spent 20 minutes just on that. Back in EOK I can recall several instances where yellow "go to" indicators did not work at all. They were supposed to guide you to the next location on the progression task. They did not. BUGGED as so much has been in EQ over the years. Grinding EXP for levels has reduced the dependance on the task system for those who find the wrinkles and frustrations like I have and other have.

And THAT is the point you are ignoring.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Nothing is locked behind TOV progression except:

LEVELS...

...and behind levels comes GEAR with 115 level REQS.

The more you guys try to justify and apologize the deeper the crater you find yourself in.

Just admit that those sneaky devs once again have failed to learn the lessons of the past. Failed to own up to "forced" this or that?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Tarvas hit the nail on the head (post #59). If you want to complain about bugs (problems with updates), that's what the Bug Reports forum is for.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The XP rate is about where it was when I leveled from 20-30 in Lake of Ill Omen. The tasks and achievement XP can be considered bonuses honestly.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Haha, and those have been religiously replied to, responded to by devs, and all of them expeditiously fixed over the years.

Gawd really man?
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Look at the Bug Reports forum. They are doing a hell of a job (answers within 1 day-1 week). If you are having issues with task updates, report it there.

You are struggling to create a strawman. You probably have an ulterior motive (based on your weird digression to FV PL advertising).
    Lannin likes this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

What is your ulterior motive in defending an inferior task system that requires you to have third party website resource and walkthroughs out and hope it isn't bugged in some manner by some oddity?
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

There is no good excuse for the experience rate\amount required to level and dependance on progression tasks. It another thing that is "forced" just like the TBL trials. It's like dealing with a sneaky lawyer who says they learned their lesson with method A which they forced down your throat(trials) by adopting method B which still turns out to "force" you in the same manner method A, but just on something different. One artificially restricts content in terms of zone access and the other ensures non-progression players will have a grind that will take them months instead of the usual weeks.

The devs just continue, in one way or another, to cater to the 1% of hardcore raiders in this game who have ready access to groups and high playtime guildmates who have solved some of these forced an artificially difficult task mission solutions.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Levels are not locked behind progression. You may not like the time involved, but you can grind it out if you want to. Absolutely nothing is stopping you from pursuing your preferred method other than the perceived insult you have taken because quest xp is a better method.

Maybe you should try doing your TS earring alongside your grinding. I hear you have to kill a metric lakdjf ton of mobs to evolve that thing and it will kill two birds with one stone.
    Whulfgar, Yinla and Lannin like this.
  10. enclee Augur

People in here are arguing as if the experience per kill was 1-2%, but players are arguing that 0.030 to 0.060 for current era mobs is too low, and it is way too low. Yes, it is possible to level without progression but they’ve made it not preferable and not rewarding. How can you expect people to be motivated to log in and level, if they move the bar 4-5%? ToV progression isn’t always going to be a viable opportunity, and it won’t be by the time summer hits.
  11. bortage spammin lifetaps

Honestly, with all of the post-cap grinding required to be competitive in this game, leveling should probably be sped up across the board (maybe not low levels because mercs handle that pretty well)

If someone returns to EQ with no social infrastructure they're in for a bad time and they will more than likely quit before they can build their social network back up

Another point worth considering is all the people who did not enjoy the 110 expansions, they weren't xp capped at 99.999% into 110 so now they've got to grind through that before doing ToV quests/missions because everyone tells them not to waste the one-time exp bonuses until they hit 111, but the vast majority of high-level groups are doing ToV quests/missions
    Vumad likes this.
  12. Sithsonn Elder

literally each collection set gives you 2% from 115 - 116. you could literally not leave pok and get a lvl by just buying collections from the baz. Also the quests... which are seriously easy. Then we had Ada for like what almost a month wwhere you kill one mob and get 25 aa? Me soloing I get about 3 aa per kill, seems like the normal. Find you a good spot in a t1 zone and grind.. Don't have to kill in Kael, Velks, Tofs where the mobs have a lot more hp and hit harder. Then all the damn missions.... which if you capped at 110 you are gonna ding 112 almost 113 just for completing the missions. so those 4 missions, plus collectibles your practically 114 at this point. If you aren't stupid, you were also doing ada every 30 mins. AND THAT IS WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING ON CHAMPION, which btw is the easiest progression yet... I know and group with many casuals, they don't complain like this and they are all 115. I would just suggest to suck less and do the quests.... I mean the game isn't called Evergrind, its called Everquest! Take the easy way, stop being stupid. I hate leveling alts, but thank god the devs made it easy on us!
  13. Whulfgar Augur

And.. ?

For every single one of you that dont like it. I know of at least 75 plus .. that absolutely love it.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

This guy gets the whulf stamp of aproval.
    Sithsonn likes this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I know the AAs given scale with your level, if you take the regular XP option, do old collections scale as well?
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

If you are rich enough in game yes. Some of the prices in the baz are absolutely stupid for collectibles.
    BadPallyGuildLeader and Yinla like this.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

That's fair enough although the 75 might be a bit optimistic on the high side. I recall when TOV first came out I was doing some EW progression in a group with some peeps from Valhallah (might recall them as one of the first group to beat TBL) and on discord they were ripping the task system a new one. One story after another of how long it took them in beta to just make up for imprecise language and objectives that are a regular feature of the task system. They spoke in hours to figure things out.

That is "fake or false difficulty"....does not even qualify for designation as "time sink." I'm okay with time sinks (otherwise know as epic camps for rare drops).

They just need to pony up and pick out a tough zone for the exp grinders to level in. Buff the mobs exp return and be done with it. We only need one zone. Make it the most difficult to get to, most dangerous one to kill in, etc. I don't care....just provide players with the flexibility and choice in leveling that they have had for DECADES.

The "forced" quality of this current expansion on leveling via task system still reeks of the devs trying to "sunset" the game in some manner and that's sad.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If they wanted to shut down the game, they'd just shut down the game.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

It looks like the collections from EoK forward now give 2% xp of your current level.

Which sucks for those of us who already did all the collections for the evolving item from TBL.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Until they're all gone. Then what?

After the hundreds of posts of people bemoaning the horribad xp, those who still insist on ringing the bell that "xp is not too low" can't even be taken seriously. It is too low. Period.