The next TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Next TLP, Jan 31, 2021.

1. The Next TLP New Member

It’s time. Please aim for a late March release. Offer a double 40 slot bag deal and just take our money.

Start with Kunark open.

Maybe make focus items available at launch as well to give us different gearing options.

Luclin launches Wednesday I believe for Aradune/Rizlona and I appreciate many are attached to those servers for at least another two expansions.

But, let’s be honest.

Launch another tlp and make that loot.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Selo 2.0 with half lockouts, double loots (this was badly needed in selo 1.0), open trade loot, Luclin start at least
  3. Questioneer New Member

Nah, Aradune is the hot spot. Enjoy it.
  4. Gremin Augur

needs to not happen.
  5. TheRedBandit Elder

Yep, it's about time. I always say i won't spend on the giant bags and somehow end up with them on both my accounts and my wifes. Ideally starting in Kunark w/2 month unlocks and halved raid lockouts. But i'll live with anything but 3 months of classic.
  6. Fhiele Augur

I haven't played EQ in a while. But I still have an EQ folder in my browser bookmarks. Came here, saw this post, thought "Yeah, I'd play that." I've been doing some mobile gaming, and would like to come back to EQ during the opening days of a new server. Always such a thrill, the rush.
  7. Roxas MM Augur

start in TSS. enjoy the modern EQ for a change.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

Start in Claws of Veeshan as level 1. You are locked to CoV and can't travel back to previous expansions.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Next tlp launches in pop and locks in Luclin.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

*Jumps into topic shaking Pom-Poms*

GoD-Mode TLP 2021:

51/50 start Gates of Discord unlocked TLP server.
    Truebox - removed once Seeds of Destruction unlocks.
    Free to Play enabled once Veil of Alaris unlocks.
    Agents of Change
    Unlock Schedule - 12 weeks with level raise, 8 weeks without.
    GoD XP at start
    Live XP when TSS unlocks

*Continues shaking Pom-Poms*

LLP-Server 2021:

Truebox - removed when Level 75 unlocks.
    Agents of Change.
    Free to Play enabled when level 95 unlocked.
    All race & Class combinations in the live game are available.
    Every single zone is available.
    Your characters are level-locked & the level lock is raised on a schedule as below.

Unlock Schedule:

Week 001 Level 20 - Progression XP
    Week 002 Level 30
    Week 003 Level 40
    Week 004 Level 50
    Week 008 Level 60
    Week 032 Level 65 - GoD XP - Enable upgrade 51/50
    Week 052 Level 70
    Week 072 Level 75 - Live XP
    Week 092 Level 80 - Enable Mercs
    Week 104 Level 85 - Enable Upgrade 70/**
    Week 124 Level 90
    Week 136 Level 95 - Enable F2P
    Week 148 Level 100 - Enable Heroic Upgrade 85
    Week 168 Level 105
    Week 188 Level 110
    Week 208 Level 115 - Enable Upgrade 100
    Week 228 Level 120

*Leaves Topic with Pom-Poms frayed & broken from so much shaking*
    Bobbybick and code-zero like this.
  11. Edward Scissorhands New Member

Agnarr-ish clone with pvp
  12. Glowerss Augur

Truebox - removed once Seeds of Destruction unlocks.
    Free to Play enabled once Veil of Alaris unlocks.

These are things which should happen on every TLP regardless of how they started.

I'd actually advocate for truebox removal as early as TSS. That 70s era always takes a poo on servers.

I also feel they can/should stop treating some expansions as stand alone ones as well.

LDoN should release a month after PoP and PoP should remain as a 3month expansion, rather than the 5 it is.

DoN should just release with OoW.

PoR should be deleted.
  13. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Launch two servers. One a generic tlp and the other can be a locked one.

Classic launch with bst/ber

4 weeks of classic
    4 weeks of kunark
    8 weeks of velious
    12 weeks of pop/ldon/loy
    8 weeks of gates
    12 weeks oow
    8 weeks don
    Dodh release LOCK server at this point

At this point the server is over a year old meaning a new tlp will come out and everyone to serial rerolls on new tlps can leave if they havent already and ppl who want a locked server at this point can enjoy it.
  14. Triconix Augur

Why would people want to do kunark and Velious again after literally just doing it the past 6 months? Both expansions become snoozefests after a month. Some people also saying 2 month expansion unlocks...why? So you can ask for a new tlp 4 months later instead of 8?
  15. pinco Lorekeeper

hi have both servers or 3 servers with boxing allowed 6 weeks unlocking per expansion if you open the server in luclin its to much for an average player to hit lvl 60 and be competitive,remove all keying and get rid of locked doors,doing luclin shard again and again his a waste of time.the bazaar live from day one and the focus effects back from classic onwards,make all group drops apart from jewellery no drop,so no one can sell epic and block others from camping the epic mobs or just take camps .
  16. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

One issue with the idea is the existence of Defiant Gear. If all the expansions are open then Defiant gear will also drop which is going to typically be best in slot for a long while.

Ornate Defiant Breastplate is 54 AC 78 hp, rec 40, drops off level 40 trash mobs like kobolds in Sol B
    Jenniy's Two-Tone Cuirass is 60 AC 50 hp, raid drop from Grieg Veneficus

Likewise the Elegant BP off level 80 trash has more hp (but less AC) than the plate BP off Rolley in Demiplane.

I do really like the idea of a level capped server instead of an expansion capped server though.
  17. Updawg New Member

To me defiant gear is just an added bonus to this type of server. This would be a true casual server. I would be able to get BiS or near BiS by just playing the game. No need to raid except for the fun of it, no need to worry too much about group composition since everyone is so well geared.

It also helps limit the reasons for people to buy Krono since they can get awesome gear either to drop easily or since it's so easily attained, it would sell cheap .
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think an LLP if it has things like defiant gear in from the start is that you can then use a completely different progression path to what has been available on a TLP before.
    Something like the TSS 1-75 journey is immediately the thing that springs to mind & this would be the first server that could really capitalise on that whole levelling pathway as an in-era experience.

It's also the only way I can see Berserkers & Beastlords in the game from the start as viable other than the GoD-Mode idea I suggested above it. but on an LLP the full range of class/race combinations that exist in EQ are also possible.
    code-zero and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The unlock speed will not suit VERY casual players, they would still fall behind even on an LLP, but I think this has a much more casual friendly beginning at the least.
  20. TheTone Elder

Ill throw my 2 cents in the ring here:

Base will be Aradune clone except:
    1. Kunark open at Launch - Typ. 3 Mo Unlocks after (except SoV, only 8 weeks)
    2. Charm DPS -50% (not combined with the already 20% reduc)
    3. All Mob HP +25%, Mob AC+25%, Mob MR +25% (some raid mobs probably excluded)
    4. No Distillate potions
    5. Allow focus effects
    6. Modified corpse runs - on death, you get a 1-hour duration uncurable debuff on your character reducing everything (stats, H/M/E, melee dmg, spell dmg, run speed) by 25% until you loot your corpse.
    This, or a level locked TLP would be thuper.