The next TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dubbo, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Dubbo New Member

Could we have race class combos that are available on live from start?
  2. snailish Augur

Maybe this is possible, some possible roadblocks:

-if race/class combos are set globally rather than server-specific this is a change to all progression servers

-itemization for beastlord and berserker would be "inconsistent" if they are released in classic. This includes class specific quests.

-would this actually be a "sell" to more people than those that would be opposed?

A progression server that starts at GoD accomplishes pretty much the same thing with minimal dev work, let's the group that has done classic trilogy content a lot in the past 5 years skip it... might be a more popular route.

...When we are actually ready for another progression server. I would guess we are at least a year away from that, and more likely to see a Quarm event #2 first.
  3. Finnster Elder

my guess is the next TLP server will start at GoD, and it will allow server transfers from Agnarr, because people there are bored.
  4. Kahna Augur

It boggles my mind that people think this. DBG has proven time and time again that it would rather let a server die than go back on what they said it would be. There are no plans to allow transfers off Agnarr. Not only that but you completely undermine the integrity of a PoP locked server if you let people leave. The entire draw is that you can come back and pick up right where you left off, and still have a population that hasn't left you in the dust. Allowing people to transfer off would have the exact same effect as unlocking GoD on Agnarr. Everyone would leave PoP and move on and the population left behind would plummet. Those wanting to keep playing would feel pressured into moving on and yeah, why even bother starting on Agnarr with the no population when you can just start on agnarr transfer server and have a population to interact with.

Not to mention they have never opened a new server and allow transfers from anywhere (barring the legends server, and transferring was part of the draw of the server so it doesn't count). It is just so anti-DBG it make me laugh every time someone brings it up. DBG doesn't care if your toons rot on Agnarr forever. They make more money if you have to start from scratch. Transfers are a pipe dream. If they ever do open a TLP that doesn't start at classic the best you can hope for is 51/50 toons.

Oh, and to answer the OP. Considering they took extra time to remove the non-classic race class combo from these servers when Phinny came out I think you are out of luck.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  5. Communist Puppy Augur

6. Machentoo Augur

That would be a totally level playing field. Everyone starts at level 1 and no gear, except for players transferring in from Agnarr? ... No thanks. There is no way to turn this into a workable server.
  7. Drakkal Elder

Sure there is, no transfers to for "X" number of months. Give those fresh starters some time then let Agnarr come over if they chose to.

Someone mentioned it on another thread, but I think it would be awesome if you could get a transfer that allows you leave your character on Agnarr, but also take a copy of all of that same stuff over to a new server that starts at GoD. So effectively you could still play your time locked character on Agnarr and progress on the new server if you chose to. May end up with attrition but its better then mass exodus.