The nerfing of old world items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Apr 17, 2019.

1. birisu Elder

It's not a long time ago. Literally nobody cares if a level 1 char is running around with a proc designed for 50+ characters when anyone can have a tank merc that can solo 10 mobs at time for those levels. This is just another change nobody asked for, done to clean up their database or whatever it is they're doing, like AA consolidations.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The better not touch my mace of the ancients or I will stop the car and take off my belt! :D
  3. Herf Augur

If they want us to experience it as it was, they can un-nerf Rain Caller :)
    Fluid likes this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That was a warrior, I originally made him just for the tipsy gnome race but decided to deck him out. If I was to do another twink I would probably consider a monk or rogue maybe. I'm open to suggestions though, I may do another one down the line sometime especially with the reduced respawn of a lot of older raid mobs.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Ratio wise Jaelin’s and Twisted Longsword are both better, for example, at level 1 and faster too, so better for skillups and when you’re super low and there’s a damage cap.

I’ll shoot you a x server tell later to chat if you want an overload of infos.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya I had better ratio weaps than Vyzh'dra's on him, I liked it because of that 75 HP lifetap. I did lvl him up to 51 not too long ago to be my Naggy killer, that 75 HP lifetap was mobs and it procced pretty often.
  8. Fluid Augur

I still have at least one! Not sure about others but I'd bet I have at least 3-4 Trueshot bows on various servers that I never converted.

I think I made some Trueshoot on a progression server too. They sold for for about 400 pp each at the time. Pretty much worthless after an expansion or two. I should pull one out and parse it against a modern bow just for laughs. :)
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yeah, well if they want the childhood of EQ the TLP can have:
    • Having to look at your spellbook while medding.
    • Old UI: http://everquest.fanra.info/images/7/7c/Original_ui.jpg
    • Being unable to have both snare and root on a mob at the same time.
    • When you die, your items remain on the corpse. You must go find it and then right click on it and loot the items one by one.
    • No corpse summoning.
    • No mercs.
    • No PoK, you have to run everyone or get a wizard or druid (when they get high enough level) to port you.
    • No raid tool.
    • No guilds.
    • No chat channels.
    • Greater Fay lifts will randomly decide to throw you off, killing you. Unless, of course, you can find someone high enough level to cast levitate and they have bat wings to cast it.
    A whole lot more stuff that no one would put up with these days, unless they really are a glutton for punishment.
  10. smash Augur

I only said why they nerfed doors. Not about other stuff.
  11. Handlebarmoustache New Member

Hello
    I have played EQ off and on for nearly 20 years now. I started on FV server transferred to Xev and then AB then back to FV. I realised a long time ago that although high level toons are fun I really prefer running low level toons from say 1-50 the most. A bit like Old first edition AD&D I loved the sweet spot levels 4-7 but over level 15 things were like blah.
    I preferred FV server due to the TLC and the non no drop policy. This meant I could PL and twink out my numerous toons with all manner of goodies just for fun. I must have 5+ coral hilted Tulwars,3 Equifinnis (which I can never spell) and 2 mace of the ancients and all manner of other goodies which no longer proc. Not to mention bags stuffed full of prize proc augs. I came back after the last patch and feel like all my hard work of aquirring plat and items has been undermined and nerfed for no real reason. After level 50 you no longer use the lowbie uber weapons anyway as the weapons for over 50 are better.
    Why Nerf like this as all it does is ruin the fun of creating a low level twink . Its quite sad really and I can't believe it was done on the 20th Anniversary of my all time Favourite game. Shame on you Daybreak, you kind of broke the kids heart in me. Thank you.
  12. Thash Zoner

How madly does a level one need to be twinked? They're just balancing what's achievable on TLP. Live twinks have plenty of power, if it's just about killing monsters.

It seems like a possible free-trade tlp release in here. There's no way something like that would happen without some rebalancing.

Win some, lose some.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Fluid Augur

I think a consequence of a free trade TLP server would be to dilute FV. I like the current status quo and crowds on FV. There is grouping below level 100 and some ad hoc raids. People ask for help doing their Epics or complete a quest and people actually show up. Just a different 'tude there at the moment. It may all change, I just hope it doesn't.
  14. Tutankamen Augur

TLP servers are a temporary thing- nobody stays on those, they just eventually move onto a new one. Don't mess up live servers, a more permanent game for most people, and make them less fun to balance "TLP" and whatever temporary nostalgia fix they offer.
  15. Memalor New Member

The door trick has been in the game since plane of fear opened.
  16. Craized Lorekeeper

They are slowly removing every aspect of the game that allows people to level quickly so they can push thier overpriced, sub standard exp potions. They did exactly the same in Everquest 2.
  17. Herf Augur

I have been on 3 TLP servers. The first one I quit quickly because of mage armies. The second I quit because my guild imploded. I'm now fairly happy on Agnarr and will definitely NOT start all over again on another TLP server: what would be the point?

My live account however has been essentially unplayed for a decade or more. Mercs and tougher and tougher mobs and absurdly inflated heroic stats made me lose interest.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

One day I will have a lvl 1 twink that can survive death touches and solo every raid zone he can enter. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday....!
  19. Zaggran Journeyman

Don't forget my favorite part of vanilla EQ: no windowed mode. Full screen only. And if you use 3rd party software to put it in windowed mode? Bannable offense!