The Mischievous Few

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zygone, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Zygone Journeyman

Since the Mischief server ruleset is simply better than the upcoming 2 TLPs I'm wondering should I as a returning player just start there or will Mischief's population be severely diminished here soon?
  2. Truetotheblue Augur

Mischief population is going to stay stronk for a while, the ruleset is unique enough relative to the new ones. May be reinforced depending on where they fall on the relaxed / open Truebox rules for older servers.
  3. Gormgeous Elder

It might take a small hit but most people seem to be betting it will keep its population just fine unless Yelinak suddenly gets a FV ruleset.
  4. Haak Augur

1. Objectively better, provided you like when EverQuest looks more like Diablo.

2. Mischief should continue strong, since it's the only Diablo server currently available. There will be a dip, but likely not as extreme as in the past when the next server offered a relatively similar experience to the previous.

Conclusion: If you're a big-time Diablo fan, then return and start up on Mischief. You'll be Diablo'ing your way to all kinds of shenanigans in no time.

Diablo.
    rangerous likes this.
  5. Digler Elder

Is one of the two servers any better than the other for someone rolling up a fresh account?

Or would the experience be the same?
  6. Gormgeous Elder

The two new servers are about as far apart as they can be.

Do you want to raid and race through the content and start at GoD? Go Vanicki.
    Do you want to take it slow and do a classic start with truebox? Go Yelinak.
    Do you want to truebox on a FV ruleset with extra random loot and a OoW start? Go Mischief!
  7. Digler Elder

Ha!

Let me rephrase my question:
    Is there any difference between Mischief vs Thornblade for someone rolling a fresh account?
  8. Machen New Member

Mischief has high population, Thornblade doesn't.

If you want lots of people, Mischief is the better bet.

If you want to do your own thing in uncrowded zones, Thornblade may be a better option.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mischief has the higher population, that's about it, and you can transfer between those 2.
    Digler likes this.
  10. Gormgeous Elder

Ahh..

Mischief has been high on the server status for 100% of the last 7 days.
    Thornblade has been medium 75% and low 25% of the time and never high for the same time period.

Stats here: https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Thornblade&range=1w

Wouldn't surprise me that they going to get collapsed into each other at some point if Thornblade starts dipping lower.
    Digler likes this.
  11. Rcbauer Augur

RIP Mischief.
    rangerous and Dragon Jockey like this.
  12. Truetotheblue Augur

If they end up extending relaxed Truebox to these servers I could see it adding some significant life to Thornblade in particular. There's several on the forums I've seen asking for a non-truebox Mischief and that would be the likelier of the two for most box players to gravitate towards I would imagine. I am hopeful they do decide to extend it to these servers, as it will be good to see the impacts they have on longevity during less popular periods of the game.
    Gormgeous and Skuz like this.
  13. Gormgeous Elder

If they apply relaxed truebox to mischief/thornblade, I feel like both of those servers will last a very long time.