The Megalodon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

In Sarith, what is the PHer for The Megalodon ? EqResource says it is A Great White, but is it any particular Great White?
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

If you look up the named on magelo, and mouse over one of the spawn points, you get this little minimap popup that shows where the named can spawn:

[IMG]

Hopefully that helps
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. It does help. It also seems that Hammerhead Sharks and Great White Sharks can both spawn in the same location, though not at the same time. I will persevere.
  4. Eaiana Augur

Some of those Sarith named were so hard to spawn. I camped that named kraken for many hours, not to mention the Lifeknight.
  5. Nniki Augur

Magelo actually shows where mobs were killed, I think. Take Warden Hanvar in Anguish for instance:
    [IMG]

But Magelo should help in finding most mobs nonetheless.
  6. Sheaffer Augur

I found the best way to get the megalodon and kraken was to just bind in sarinth and check when I logged in and logged out. Especially good after a server up
  7. Eaiana Augur

The Megalodon also used to get stuck sometimes due to "EQ flying shark disease". Only pets could hit it, melee and spells would not land because it was half in water and half out. If you have access to a tracker, make sure it isn't stuck someplace.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have a ranger alt that I use to track. I will get it......someday. :)
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Best advice is to kill everything in the area with the red X near the label. I placed my label where I got mine but they roam around. To be honest Sarrith alone took me longer to finish then all the other VoA zones put together... presently working on all the voa zones to fix the color coding and to put them in there layers they belongs to... I did the same with HoT last night but did not update my zip yet... Im goign to do it tomorow with VoA done.

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
  10. mackal Augur

I believe it's a large great white shark, which also has a title.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have been killing every shark I can find. 400+ kills so far and I have been killing the one with a title. This zone just takes forever. Thankfully I have most of the kills in every other VoA zone already done. And before I forget, many thanks for the advice.
  12. roguerunner Augur

There will always be one shark with a ( Spawn of Megaladon ) or something like that under it's name
  13. Zaph Augur

I just lost my kill check for Lifeknight today due to Antonius Bayle character booting/rollbacks.
    really enjoying this 25% rare increase when im unable to seriously play because of server instability
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Day Three = No spawn. When does that increased named spawn rate kick in? Hehe I will keep killing.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

25% of 5% is not even 7%
  16. Mintalie Augur

I remember a guildee having major issues with both this one and the kraken. Terrible spawn rates.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

The two worst ones for me were in the front field. Not primal mage but the other two . . . took me over 300 spawn cycles to get, each.
  18. roguerunner Augur

But yeah, just have to grind it ... Sarith is one of the worst hunters in existence.
  19. Mintalie Augur

Hear, hear, anyone who sports one of those rainbow-colored mounts truly earned it.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Rainbowdong 4tw!

My worst was the guy in the house near the docks, doing VoA Hunter pre nerf in era it was our verrrrrrry last one.

Also is the Megalodon pathing still massively jacked up? I remember him having the swimming ability of a boulder, which was amusing for a big shark!