The /LFG tool is almost perfect except for two things needed...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Jun 3, 2021.

1. MMOer Augur

1) Being able to LFG while on an alt. So you can do things like sell on your mule. Or save you precious buffs from timing out. or just do anything else but be stuck on one char LFG...

2) being able to list several characters at once. Many times I'd like to find a group on several characters... I really don't care which gets the group. Currently you can only pick one to list.

One could fix both of these in one swoop if one was so motivated to make the /lfg tool perfect.
  2. TheDohn Augur

3) Absolutely nobody uses it because /who all levelrange is faster and easier.
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. MMOer Augur

That is kind of crazy talk? How is one faster than the other.. its the same speed. Near instant.

With LFG you can sort by level, or class or whatever with a click
    Also click to send a tell
    and the info wont get spammed away in the chat windows.

You can also see the players notes... which might say something like GUK ONLY only or WITH A DRUID...
    You are sending them tells for sol and they are not... umm I want to level in guk...
    I have a druid box you got room? Noooo? wtf didnt you see the comment?
    Just wasting everyone's time using manual commands like that.

To say /who all blah blah blah command is faster or better in anyway just does not computer with reality. it simply just being argumentative.
  4. Machen New Member

Anyone who has used both knows it isn't. The LFG tool is slower, and has the added bonus (still, ~6 years later) of sometimes crashing you.
    Appren likes this.
  5. Aiona Augur

It hasn't crashed me since 2002.

I use both methods, and always have. /shrug
  6. Atomos Augur

The LFG tool crashed me once on Mischief, I don't recall the exact circumstances. That does have me a little worried. I don't recall having issues with it in the past but I haven't played in a while.
    Plenty of people do use the tool, though, despite someone saying "absolutely nobody" does.
    The LFG tool also has the benefit of showing the class of people who are anon. It also doesn't show people who have the LFG bug (LFG tag is on but they are in a group and can't turn it off without relogging).
    To my knowledge there is no way to add comments without the LFG tool, which are extremely useful. People put whether they are boxing and what classes, whether they are with a friend, whether they want specific zones or aren't keyed for one, or other info like they have a PL or are twinked/geared/have Epic, or even if they are missing an important spell. Sometimes you'll see someone put how much time they have to play.
    If I am only looking for a specific class, which is usually unnecessary, I'll use the /who command, but otherwise I'm not seeing much reason to not use the LFG tool. I would definitely like to see some adjustments for it but thus far it's proven to be a very useful tool to many of us.
  7. Triconix Augur

Who types /who? Talk about slow. / all is faster and easier.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

I'd be happy with a switch that excludes bazaar mules and afk's in PoK/lobby from /who all
  9. Nolrog Augur

Say what now?
  10. Rauven Augur

I'd use it more if it didn't cause crashes. It caused a crash for me today.
    Machen likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1. Players to use it.
    2. Players to use it.

LFG tool crashes are common on very high population servers like TLP after just launching.

Niente is looking for help in identifying what is causing this in the following thread in the Bug Forum:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/disconnect-when-using-lfg.275548/#post-4035503
  12. MMOer Augur

No issues with it crashing.. Prob their custom UI crap.
  13. SleezerGeezer Elder

Scrap the LFG and give us a cross server dungeon finder.
  14. Atomos Augur

Now that I think about it, I think I was using the "Groups looking for players" function that 1 time I crashed, which I normally never use.