The Legend of the Fear House

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tsolaes, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Tsolaes Elder

Just thought I'd repost some of my neighborhood's neat housing plots, since we don't have a Housing forum anymore! R.I.P Housing Forum
    =============================================================
    Many ages ago in the Spruce Bridge Hollows, a prosperous Kerran tribe lived in harmony with the local garden Dwarves. They built many great temples and monuments, becoming the center of commerce in the Sunrise Hills. But the Dwarves unknowingly mined into a lair of earth demons, starting events that lead to the mythic Fear House. Cazic Thule and his minions spread Fear throughout the land, basing their attacks from the horrid House. Legend speaks of a brave adventurer who stopped the darkness, lifting the blight from the Hills. Exactly how they accomplished this feat has been lost in time...

Perhaps an adventurer with the Time Phased Quintessence could travel back, and witness this event for themselves!

[IMG]

They might find themselves at the bottom of a well ! The terrain was different ages ago, and there used to be a large hill in this area.

[IMG]

With skill, an experienced climber can escape the well. This forest here seems much thicker and the fog makes it hard to see.

[IMG]

Down the path there is a lone Dwarf and a scary Spectre guarding a graveyard. A brave adventurer might speak with the ghost, or perhaps take a walk in the graveyard...

[IMG]

... and fall into a vast cave below! Many normal sized bones litter the ground, and what seems to be a giant demon skeleton.

[IMG]

The cave intersects with a sewer system. This must be why the Dwaves were mining this hill, to expand the local drainage.

[IMG]

After exploring, an adventurer might find the path to escape the grave cavern.

[IMG]

This leads to the massive drain!

[IMG]

Exploring down into the drain leads to more sewer pipes, eventually leading to the top of the hill. The forest is very thick, and it blocks the path back down.

[IMG]

The fog finally clears near the top.

[IMG]

It seems the Spectre enjoys giving tours of the area.

[IMG]

He will certainly tell the tale of the Fear House to any curious adventurer.

[IMG]

This house doesn't seem too Fearful! There is a husband and wife inside, watching the magic screen. They don't seem to notice the Spectre or any time traveling adventurers.

[IMG]

The couple's daughter plays games in the next room.

[IMG]

Later on, they enjoy dinner. Everything seems normal, until there is a loud knock at the door.

[IMG]

The father goes to see who it is... and gasps! Its an Earth Demon, like the one he had slain long ago while mining the hill. He warns his family to hide...

[IMG]

But the Earth Demon attacks, crashing through the door, knocking the husband through the air !

[IMG]

It instantly turns and spews fire from its mouth, torching the wife ! The daughter runs for her life to the basement. The Earth Demon loses sight of her, and begins to crash through the walls, looking for something.

[IMG]

It finds the sacred Claw Hammer, made from the claw of its slain father.

[IMG]

The Earth Demon eventually finds the hiding daughter !

[IMG]

Any adventurer witnessing this would surely feel the Fear beginning to spread from the horrid scene of slaughter. The Earth Demon takes the bodies of its victims, and heads into the sewers.

To be continued...
    Wayylon, Kohnn, Beechwoodgrey and 8 others like this.
  2. Tsolaes Elder

A brave adventurer might chase the demon through the sewers, deep into its fiery chasm. But it seems the Earth Demon has gained power from the stolen artifacts and souls, and chases back!

[IMG]

The Spectre suggests heading back to the graveyard. He speaks of the Dwarf, who will tell you the rest of the tale of the Fear House. ( as seen in the earlier Spruce Bridge Hollows post, when the house is full of demons and Cazic Thule ) The Spectre and Dwarf happen to be reluctant friends, both effected by the events on top of the hill. The Dwarf says he would give his own life to somehow save his friends who lived there.

[IMG]

He seeks the aid of a time traveler, one who can go back to right before the attack, and steal the artifacts that give the Earth Demon its power. In return for the artifacts, he offers his holy blade to fight the Earth Demon while it is weak, preventing the slaying of the Dwarf family!

[IMG]

He offers a white rose to the ghostly girl near the graveyard, who is now revealed to be the soul of the poor daughter.

[IMG]

Due to the chaotic nature of time travel, the brave adventurer can alter the timeline, but still not arrive in time to stop the attack. But the Earth Demon is without its Claw Hammer, and can be struck with the blade !

[IMG]

At first it is only stunned, then the ground begins to shake. Is it another Earth Demon coming up through the hill ?

[IMG]

Its Brell Serilis, the Duke of Below, summoned by the holy blade !

[IMG]

The Earth Demon cares not for gods, and leaps in to attack !

[IMG]

Brell swings away, knocking the rock monster through the window !

[IMG]

Brell steps inside to inspect his foe. Has it been defeated ?

[IMG]

The demon awakens, pulling in the stone from the house, gathering mass as it rises again !

[IMG]

It charges again, knocking the god back outside with its massive body ! The house shudders and groans.

[IMG]

Brell strikes back, knocking the Earth Demon into the ceiling ! The monster almost falls through the floor, thrashing and roaring as it claws its way toward the divine dwarf. Cracks begin to form throughout the walls and floors.

[IMG]

The beast swipes at Brell again, spewing fire into the god's face !

[IMG]

Brell barely blinks as he reaches back, then slams his mighty hammer into the skull of the Earth Demon, releasing a shockwave of rock and bone throughout the house.

[IMG]

Brell turns and walks away from the collapsing house, not even caring to look back as the remnants of the Earth Demon are buried in tons of rubble.

[IMG]

He stands over the bodies of the slain family.

[IMG]

Their spirits rise, now free from their fate as Demon food. They thank the brave adventurer who used their time traveling powers to stop the rock monster.

[IMG]

Suddenly the Dwarf from the graveyard appears ! He is confused, happy to see his god and friends, but confused as to who pulled him back in time.

[IMG]

The Spectre seals the deal he had with the Dwarf, and takes his life as well.

[IMG]

The Dwarf has no choice, and joins his friends. Brell thanks the brave adventurer and takes his people to the Underfoot. The Fear House is no more!
    Winnowyl, Vumad, Egat and 18 others like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Re-liked for some great creativity. Well done sir.
  4. guado Augur

Bravo !!!!!!!!!!
  5. Crystilla Augur

Wow, I'm loving that story. Most of our housing experiences are static ... this one is a moving story (literally and figuratively). Nicely done!
  6. Khyrra Elder

Amazing :)

Hugs

Khyrra
  7. Vlad Diszno Augur

Taking the tour was great! I'd recommend it!

Disclaimer: This testimony is from a non-paid customer.
  8. Hayzeus Augur

I wish the Daybreak folk would respect the imagination involved to create these scenes. The players love to share this type of stuff with each other, and we deserve a forum for these types of posts to immortalize them without losing them in the clutter.

We need the Housing and Tradeskill forum back

PS: I don't see the server listed for this masterpiece. I will search the other threads to see where your other houses are in order to find this place. I'm coming to take the tour!
    Caell likes this.
  9. Vlad Diszno Augur

Tis on FV server. Spruce Bridge Hollows neighborhood
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

Great thanks
  11. Sheaffer Augur

Awesome story and pictures
  12. Tsolaes Elder

RIP Housing Forum
    Caell and MasterMagnus like this.
  13. Hayzeus Augur

Of all the forums they nuked, the housing/tradeskill forum in particular is the ONE forum about which some portion of the playerbase has tried to open up a dialogue with the forum masters.

They don't care enough to even respond to the request for this *one* forum to be reconsidered.

Their silence says it all I suppose.
  14. Tsolaes Elder

RIP Housing Forum
  15. Tsolaes Elder

I have obtained a 3rd Guild Plot and the Palatial Hall to start work on my final Housing project. With a 2000 item limit and several new ideas for my "Save-mation" method, I'm planning on pushing the Housing system to its absolute limit. In a few months hopefully it'll be done, and then I'll post a detailed thread here showing off my magnum opus of EQ Housing.
    Kohnn, Vlad Diszno, Azerthan and 2 others like this.
  16. Vlad Diszno Augur

A few months is not long in my timeline to creating a house. I can't imagine how long it would take me to do a guild hall.
    I look forward to visiting once it is ready.
  17. Tsolaes Elder

Just bumping this old post to remind people of the neat Fear House interactive quest. I started my next "save-mation" project over a year ago and still have not finished it. Someday I shall!
    Kohnn, Gyurika Godofwar and Maedhros like this.
  18. snailish Augur

While a poor substitute to a full forum, we did dedicate a sticky (in the EQ General Forum) to housing over at Allakhazam. I'd love to see a greater variety of posters showing us great housing ideas. The talent of people that play this game is boggling.
  19. Beechwoodgrey Augur

Excellent! Love the storyline :)
  20. Kohnn Elder

Great job ~