The Last RoF portal...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Recnarp, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Recnarp Augur

Anything ever going to happen with it?
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

For Plane of War in March maybe? Or perhaps we'll have another way of getting to it unrelated to Shards Landing.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

isnt there a unused stone in PoT next to plane of valor, HoH etc that was planed for PoW?
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

That would make the most sense. Come to think of it having an anniversary zone link off from Shards doesn't hold muster.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm hoping it stays around longer than the anniversary.
    silku likes this.
  6. Romance Augur

It should connect back to the caved in tunnel in the nexus, imho.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Err why?

It makes most sense for it to be from the stone in Pot, where is was supposed to be originally.
  8. Falos Augur

That tranquility stone if I am thinking of the same one is for the plane of war, unless you are talking about a different stone. The cave that is blocked off in the nexus i recall hearing years ago was supposed to lead towards sanctus seru or marus seru or some connecting zone that put you nearby or something, forgot where i heard it from but supposedly sanctus seru was originally gonna be faster to access when luclin launched.
  9. Feradach Augur

The tender for the last portal has some dialogue that leads you to believe it has something to do with PoMischief and/or Bristlebane. Maybe it's possible that the original plan was to have a fear corrupted version of PoM available, but if it didn't happen it could be explained away as just being a prank played by Bristlebane?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When I downloaded the beta files for Hate Rising I noticed one was Minipom, not sure if that maybe to do with this, also noticed another called Gnome Mountain.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep that was the stone I was thinking of.
  12. Phrett Augur

... Plane of zombies and gnomish chainsaws. Yep
  13. Cicelee Augur

That portal will eventually lead to EQ Next beta. And forever remain unused.
  14. Stickietoes Augur

When you click on it, It says something like "Your memories has been filled with visions of candy" something similar to that. First thing that came to mind is Morons Castle...
  15. Edrick Augur

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to initially lead to one of three planned T4 zones: Plane of Mischief 3.0 (the goofiness of the portal tenders leads to this,) Burned Woods (for the portal in Jaggedpine, this goes way back to the old, famous story about the ebayed guy demanding a necro give him sow in The Overthere, the joke is even in the loading messages for EQ) and Heart of Fear. But due to resource and time restrained, we got three recycled zones.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it released as a bonus zone some time in the future, possibly a future anniversary release.