The Krono Lord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Frenzic Augur

You sure do have a thing for me. I have not posted my krono total for this server and won't for a while. There is no reason to brag in this thread as everyone that matters already knows I'm top dog. Also as a side note, I don't grief people or steal camps, there is no tears of casuals. I typically tip 500-1000 pp for ports and basic services. When I buy something in commons from a ragged robed noob, I give them 3x what they ask for. I'm not the monster you think I am :cool:
  2. Tulgin Augur

Need screenshots of your inventories with /played displayed.
  3. Frenzic Augur

I was level 50 with 4 days played... Unfortunately then the farming began
  4. Mad_Mikey Elder

You set up a Twitch stream to wave your you know what around on day one. I happened to view it as a member of your guild on said stream typed a social called "mackrokwest on" while you were doing OOT gobs. The stream was taken down about five minutes later and you claimed it was due to technical difficulties. Just saying.
  5. Mad_Mikey Elder

Want me to link the Reddit post where you admitted to using Mackrokwest?
  6. Tulgin Augur

Along with 40% of Everquest population? Who cares, it's allowed. Now using it on Phinny is a different story.
  7. xakanrn Augur

dunno why the attack on frenzic.
    afterall this thread actually seems to bring out the reality of RMT going on which if i recall when krono came live was meant to counter but itself is now a RMT product.
    then again if you think about it why else will people run 10+ account if not to profit from it
  8. Tyraxor Augur

Maybe because he acts like he collected 1000 Krono just for fun and to "tip" in game?
    You'd have to be a real angel to collect virtual items worth thousands of dollars, and then not cash in.
  9. Frenzic Augur

Geez you are very misinformed, typical round these parts I know. Allow me to educate you.

I have a hotbar like many others. On said hotbar I have the keys on and off. A member was laughing that I put those on my hotbar. My stream was taken down because I had a beautiful woman in barely any clothes covering the chat windows. Stream was brought back up that same night...
  10. Frenzic Augur

Who ever said I collect them to sit idly on my account? I run 70 accounts on other servers and they need to be powered. I have no interest in dealing with the blackmarket scum.
  11. ZamaX Lorekeeper

I dont think people realize that when you max out your character you accrue kronos naturally, ontop of the fact that once you max out your character you have very little left to do but farm, level up more toons, and those toons make more krono etc.
    Frenzic likes this.
  12. Batbener Augur

I think his point is that of all the great players of this game over 16 years, only a handful still play. Even less that play progression servers, as a lot of them think progression servers are for quitters. And even less still that bother to put in the time that is needed to "win" on progression.

So I think his point was more about you being a large fish in an extremely small pond, and a lot of the people that "matter" have packed their bags years ago, as opposed to saying you aren't good at the game.
  13. Frenzic Augur

Progression servers are the single highest population server EQ has. Add to that they are more populated than any EQ server in history. To be the big fish here does mean something subjectively. One of the things I pride myself in is my ability to farm incredible amounts of currency. I don't care if some people don't find that achievement worthy, there are plenty of other threads to read.

Your first point is an old and tired one. It's generally assumed that players on progression servers are wanna bes that never played high end EQ prior. This is false as my guild alone has many players from the juggernauts of history. Most of those juggernauts are the quitters, we still play and choose to play a more competitive and older version of the game.

For the record I also play live EQ.
  14. Batbener Augur

First, I didn't say it was my point, so no need to get hostile. You just went off on a tangent about shitties not counting. That wasn't his point at all, at least the way I read it. But to the "tired" argument of TLPs vs live, most everything on TLPs has been done before. Live gets credit for figuring it out first. TL gets kudos from me for handling the buffed mobs as well as they did. The bone chip thing was a nice move on your part, and kudos for that. But to compare ONE server to 12-15, all with 2 to 5 top guilds vying for world firsts, I do stand by the point of big fish in small pond.

And I never said the TLP winners were losers from eras gone past. I know for a fact some of the super stars from years gone by still play. But don't try and sell me on all of the top guilds being so. We both know there are tons of shitties in these top guilds that can only hang because of guides and templates. What you were and what you weren't is irrelevant to me, as I believe growing as a player is a good thing, and your ability now is more important to how good or bad you were "back then". That's one of the reasons I say EQ isn't a skill game. In sports, for instance, a guy isn't as good at 50 as he is at 20. I would compare EQ more to coaching. But that's another argument for another day.

Last but not least, I am interested in the krono race, because it is something competitors focus on, and I am a sports fan. I like to know who is beating whom and I appreciate success. But if John Holmes started a thread wanting to know who had the biggest cack, well, I would call it for what it was. He is either looking for attention, or he is worried there is a bigger one out there.
    Sinestre likes this.
  15. Numiko Augur

Protip here Frenzic: you do not have to make a new account to play on a new server. :p

And I like Frenzic, he reminds me of some of the guys i was guild'ed with back in 2000-2003 .. who I will just describe as "intense" ...
  16. Frenzic Augur

You're talking about guild achievements while I'm talking about my personal achievements. Everyone knows the content is old and beaten. Everyone also knows currency is important and sought after. Being the richest person on a server with several thousand players means something to me. So does having knowledge of things that the vast majority of players do not.

No one is arguing with you about what guilds of today are doing vs guilds of the past... You're having a one person conversation here.

I am not even including myself in the race, as far as me giving a reward. Of course I'll mention how many I've earned since Jan 1st, at some point, cause I likes me some me!

I have no idea what you're referring to o_O

Please explain
  17. Zublak Augur

Not sure why so many complain about krono or rmt. Who cares. How does a person buying a Krono from Noob_01 in the EC tunnel for 25k and then turning around and selling it on a 3rd party website effect you? It doesn't. The only thing that might effect you are people farming to buy them and they might block you from your favorite camp spot. But even if Krono didn't exist, you'd still have that problem.

So at the end of the day.... You don't like Krono's, don't buy them, don't sell them. Cause the people that do, do not effect your gaming at all.
  18. Batbener Augur

There is a lot of hate that is unjustified. The only problem I have with them, and problem is way to strong of a word, is that they are similar to steroids to me. If you are an athlete on the juice, that's fine, but you can't compare yourself to a "clean" athlete. So if you bring 200 from another server, or buy 50 or whatever, and then want to compare yourself to someone that does it "clean" well that's not a fair fight to me. I am not competing for spawns or raid targets, but I understand if someone that is, and trying to do it "clean", that doesn't like kronos.

If that's what you are playing for certainly that's an achievement and something to be proud of. I thought I was clear in agreeing with you, but probably not.
  19. Zublak Augur

Well that analogy makes sense when looking at what frenzic is doing by having a competition. People could use previous Krono to get them started or say was part of what they've earned.

I'm just saying in general that people overreact when it comes to Krono. You have so many people complain, however what people do with their krono doesn't effect that persons EQ time whatsoever. It's just something for them to complain about. It's like someone who talks just to hear themselves talking.

When RF first launched I wasn't a big fan of Krono, but I also didn't know much about them as I hadn't played EQ since around 2009. But after a few weeks I realized they're not that big of a deal. They're an investment. When I buy them I rarely trade or sell them. Hold onto them until I really need them. I'm running 8 accounts now. I pay for 4 of them out of my bank account and pay for the other 4 with krono.
  20. Moranis Augur

It's pretty obvious that every one of the "richest" people on phinny made their fortune via exploit and/or mage_armies on RF/LJ and carried it over via krono.
    Not sure how one discovers an exploit like transferring your character from Zek to LJ unless you're actively hunting for it or knew it would be a possibility somehow.

In any case, Roshen will put an end to his ego tripping shortly I would imagine.