The Krono Lord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Warbrain New Member

I invested 18 krono into pottery and now that i'm selling idols, I've made 14 of those krono back in the last 2 days. I'm still selling Steins at 50p each at a pretty good rate. I think it was a nice longterm investment.
  2. Silv Augur

This thread isn't nearly as entertaining as anticipated. I'm very disappointed, especially for a TLP topic.
    Finwen, Felicite and code-zero like this.
  3. Frenzic Augur

Zama - 300 krono
    Bobbybick- 183 krono

For the record, this is a ridiculous amount for only being 30 days in. I can't believe people are blowing through krono at such a rate.
  4. xakanrn Augur

i actually find it interesting when i see people claim to have made 5-7 kronos a day.
    that means they are bringing in 150-200 krono a month
    even if boxing 20 accounts that still leaves over 100 krono a month left over.
    so what happens to this krono considering over a year we talking over 1k-2k .
    clearly they have nothing to do with it but resale for plat and then what to do with the plat.
    is there some real life trading back to real cash that goes on?
    if so does DBG know (EQ actual subs are low enough to notice such accounts easily i am sure)?
    questions are plenty here-)
  5. Frenzic Augur

People do different things with the krono. I doubt the legitimacy of some of the massive claims that people make, but for those that actually do farm at a rate above 10 a day-

Stock pile them for a house in Florida~
    Trade them for plat and buy whatever you want
    Power accounts on live
    Trade them for plat on live
    Sell them on the black market for real life money
  6. Tyraxor Augur

Finally getting to the point of Krono hoarding, but remember guys and gals:
    Nobody does it here, Frenzic collects them for the lols and epeen.
  7. xakanrn Augur

well to get your house in florida you actually have to convert them to real life cash as i doubt any estate agents takes kronos as payment!
    so essentially only way to make it viable is to actually sell it on black market but the big question is does DBG know (considering anyone minting 5 krono + a day is more a rarity in a game with low number of account its hard to miss)
    that is of course assuming people reselling it but a quick google shows some third party website do indeed sell krono for 11.95.also some selling accounts which features krono with a character(toons seems to be just basic powerlevelled ones)
    so there it is .there is a black market going for krono indeed.
  8. Numiko Augur

Actually saw one 3rd party site that had a black friday sale on Krono for $7.99 !

I would not be surprised at this point in time if 3rd party sites outsell daybreak on the volume of Krono moved.
  9. Tyraxor Augur

Meh of course they are sold, is this really news to anyone.
    You can call it black market, or just forums where people offer them and set up the deals via paypal which makes it sound a lot less dramatic doesn't it.

Those guys just cannot admit it, because it's against the Eula.
    Do i think dbg care? Absolutely not, it's good for them if trading is growing.
    Every Krono was originally purchased from them.
    Do i care? Nah, nothing wrong with making a little extra money...it's not like they wouldn't have to spend time and earn them.

Just guys like Frenzic act as if this whole thing would be separated from RL cash, which brings us back to the bad taste question...if i say i made 150 Krono within a month, i in theory made a little over 1k dollars. I'm sure some people would be happy if they could do that (no i'm not one of them...), so Frenzic & Co. why don't you just stop bringing this whole topic up again and again.
  10. Dethecus Elder

PP: 2k
    Krono: 25
    Net Value in gear: 15 krono

And I started from scratch. I haven't even played the market as much as I would like over the past 2-3 weeks and I've essentially made ~40 krono. Making 100 in a month seems pretty feasible if my goal were simply to make krono.
    Frenzic likes this.
  11. Finley Augur

That... isn't possible.
  12. TarewMarrForever Augur

Of course they do!!!

The *capability* to resell Krono for RMT ad-infinitum drives the total and thus initial demand for them, which generates money for DBG. Period. People who look at RMT resell of Krono as a problem for DBG simply do not understand the machine. If Krono were no-trade (or one-trade), there would only be a *fraction* of them minted and sold!

Daybreak is not *losing* money due to Krono RMT. Quite the contrary. Without it, they wouldn't make nearly as much, because Krono would essentially have no value. Thus far, far fewer would be minted and sold. Thus much, much less revenue. It's that simple.

Without a doubt, the *vast* majority of Krono are resold for RMT *at least once*. Many are traded several (dozens of) times before being consumed, and a lot of those trades for RMT.

By *design*.
  13. TarewMarrForever Augur

Yes...it is.

The same Krono can be (and most are) resold MANY times before being consumed. How do you not see that? You are assuming that most Krono bought by 3dr party sites are Consumed by the purchaser. Most are in fact NOT consumed. Most are sold for Plat.

dbg can only sell it once. PlayerAuc / OurPlat / TakeYourPicSite can sell it many, many times before it is consumed.

When somebody buys a Krono from 3rd party sites and sells it in game for plat, about half the time the person buy it is a muflater, but the other half it's an RMTer, that just sell it again for cash via 3rd party site, or PayPal direct, or whatever. Thus the cycle repeats. The same KR can be part of a 3r paty RMT many times, but only once for dbg.

When it is bought by a mudflater (ie a normal player who is buying it to protect himself from intrinsic inflation), at some point that mudflater trades it, eventually, either for item, or plat. And when he does, quite often it goes to a RMTer, who quickly resells it at 50%+ discount via 3rd party website.

That is the cycle, an that is the cycle by *design*. So you can see, quite often the same Krono is resold many times, thus the total number of Real Money Transactions by 3rd parties of course outnumbers the number of Initial RMT by dbg!!!

If DBG didn't want it to work that way, Krono would be one-trade. Or they would ban the sellers. They have the data and tools to prevent resell of Krono. Yet they don't, for what should be obvious reasons to all.

If they did, they would make less money, because they would mint less Krono, because they would not be nearly as valuable as a downstream RMT vehicle..

It's that simple.
  14. xakanrn Augur

interesting actually.but pretty much true.i am guessing the people who eventually buy from 3rd party websites actually consume them but just found a cheaper option of paying for EQ1 at lower cost.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It took a few pages but nice to see the actual reason for your thread emerge. How many of these "Hay guyz, look at me, I'm rich in krono, want attention and for you guys to praise my (self proclaimed) greatness" threads have you started? Lost count.

Why not just post: "I have xxxxxx krono, foraged from the tears of the casual and my dreams of pixel wealth, kneel before Zod, peons" and be done with it?
    Lonye and oldkracow like this.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Zero Krono in game
    I did make $4 last year at my job
    Capital gains short & long this year should fall below 9% = priceless.....
  17. Moranis Augur

Don't sell him short Sheex...only representing (6) digits for his krono hoard?
    Sheex likes this.
  18. Lonye Augur

I have a strange feeling these accounts are going to be "stripped and moved to FV." Just a feeling.
  19. xakanrn Augur

doubt it
  20. Semah Augur

Who can put a price on that beloved 90's JRPG icon: the red-spikey-haired silent protagonist? But that plat(form) was SNES.

I think I paid like $19.99 at the sporting goods store.
    Ishkur likes this.