The Hiding of Corpses.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quill, May 29, 2018.

1. Quill Augur

Is there an effective way to see where you have corpses? I've seen this a couple of times where I died inside an instance that closed. Where does that body go? Sometimes it pops to PC, sometimes its nowhere to be found and forces a GL summon and a 2K charge(or exp recovery if its up).

If there is an easy command to see all your corpses in game.. love to know. If not, I propose the following:

When you type /corpse and have nothing on target, a list of your corpses is provided as...

You have a corpse in <zone>.

If your corpse is inside an instance, it will have <zone> (instance : timer). So it would be...

You have a corpse in <zone>. (instance: timer).

If I have a zone in Crypt of Decay and it will close in 10 minutes, it would read.

You have a corpse in the Crypt of Decay. (instance : 10:00 min)

Now you know that it is in a zone has yet to close and a timer of how long it will take to close so you can decide whether you want to wait on the punt, or summon.

You could also feasibly show the rot timer on said corpse. Either way, needlessly hiding your body just wastes people's time and/or money/AA. If I know the zone its in, I probably won't have a hard time figuring out where it probably is.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Tegila Augur

You can't remember if you died or not? Sounds a bit odd to me. Try making a f2p account with an sk or necro and get the aa corpse summon. Then loaded in group, click. You either have corpses or you don't. No soulstones needed
  3. Quill Augur

So let me get this straight.. you're cool with the answer being.. START ANOTHER ACCOUNT. That's your big response? Really?

OK. Moving on.

And I know exactly where I died. In the middle of an instance that closed. It can happen, particularly if you roll missions and are trying to kill a big name that popped post-complete in two-box and died. Quick, it closed... where does your body go? How long does it take to get there? Will it be there in 20 minutes? 30? Is the instance still open in memory somewhere, but you're not in the task or able to get into it?

The ACTUAL answer to this is currently GL it(2K a throw) or Exp Recovery if its up(5 day timer). I'm suggesting the game simply tell me where I have corpses, if they're in an instance... how long until they get punted, how long until they rot, etc. If you want this to be a game thingy.. simply put a NPC in GL called The Undertaker that you hail, and it gives you a list, or put those abilities on the corpse summoners idc. Give him a trigger that will cause him to force punt your bodies out of any instances and then you can see where they end up. If you can see the zone that it gets sent to, you likely know exactly where the body is and now know that it is there and can run out to it. I've also seen this every now and then on TLP with Raid Instances basically hiding the corpses in limbo for undetermined periods of time.

Or... we could go and ask people to start a new account. Just smh at that.

The best part is that the people that this by and large helps are returning players who have to run 15 billion missions(TBM alone has a set of 4 you have to roll 6 times, and what... 15? 18? HA's) and run into such tomfoolery.
  4. svann Augur

I think if you
    /consent otherplayer
    it will give you some information, but Im not sure if it will tell you about just this zone or if it tells about any zone. Its been a while since I used it. Years
    Felicite likes this.
  5. Quill Augur

You are correct and that's helpful. Its been so long since I had to use consent I hadn't considered that. I don't believe it shows if you're in an instance or not, but it should at least give an idea of where to look, particularly if it gets punted somewhere completely different, say where the request NPC may be (which I've noticed is often not where the instance takes place but somewhere adjacent, so you can 'click into it').
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you are in the zone, then /who corpse will list all of your corpses in that zone. It does not work with /who all however, likely do to that being tied to the UCS and corpses are not part of that.

If you cannot cover 2k plat at 106+ then there is something wrong. Solo Valley for 10 min and you will have more than enough play for several summons.

PS I was expecting this to be about the fact that they still don't have a /hidecorpse option that works with the adv loot system and hides corpses in an identical way as /hidecorpse looted does with traditional looting.
    Felicite likes this.
  7. Lianeb Augur

/Hidecorpse listed
    /Hidecorpse listedunlocked

Don't fit the bill?
  8. segap Augur

There are some missions that don't reset (until the zone has been empty for 20 or so minutes), but are also nearly impossible to re-enter if you wipe at certain stages. It would be helpful to have an idea where your corpse goes when you kickp it. There's also the issue of when you die when charmed/feared where you often don't lose exp or have a corpse. If you're not full exp and don't regularly watch your exp bar, it might not be obvious if you have a corpse or not after such a death.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

Soon as you turned into a cob replying to the guy who was trying to offer some help, I lost interest.
  10. Yruc Augur

I use.. /hidecorpse always
    If there is a corpse that I need to manually loot / rez someone then I just do /hidecorpse off
  11. Lianeb Augur

I actually wish there was a /hidecorpse always npc
    I don’t like how hidecorpse always leaves a bugged corpse of yourself when you are rezzed that apparently only you can see.
    Koryu likes this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Nope, not even close. They remove the corpses before you have decided what to do with the loot on them. I only want them hidden after I have decided what to do with all the loot on them and all of my loot in them has been removed.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What I'd like is for every single instance to pop out all the corpses as soon as everyone drops it. If there are zero players in an instance task, then the task may be shut down by the server at once.

As soon as there is no one is the task, no one can enter the instance and the task is over. At that time, the corpses inside the instance should all pop out at the task giver.

Instead, we have a system (several systems, actually) where the players are standing there trying to guess when and where the corpses will show up. It is kind of funny (from a sick point of view) when the players, having all dropped the task, are asking each other how long they have to wait for their corpses and where they will appear. And no one knows the answer...