The hidden cost of truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Feb 20, 2019.

1. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

Can't decide if I want to pull that skirt up or down, but like the Mangler and Selo's rulesets, staying where it is isn't an option.
  2. Elyani Augur

Pulling the skirt down would be Selo, as it's easier done, and pulling it up would be Mangler, possible but more work than it's worth when there is an easier route. The perfect server would be buttons along the side that would allow you to just rip it off from the back or front.
  3. Xanadas Augur

I never claimed it was directly related to power supply rating. I run a watt meter on my setup and it crusies at 500+ watts at IDLE. Granted thats 3 monitors, an FX9590 CPU and a GTX1080. Under load it can exceed 700 watts.

You're right running multiple clients on 1 pc will increase the power draw, but at a tiny fraction of the amount a separate PC would.
  4. Xanadas Augur

It was just food for thought. Those of you blowing this up like I'm claiming it's going to trigger the oceans to rise, relax.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Monitors is most of that, so running 3 PC with 1 monitor each will be much closer to 1 PC with 3 monitor. The PC itself shouldn’t be drawing 500 watt at idle. That GPU on full load is 180 W, which obviously doesn’t happen playing EQ.
  6. Quill Augur

No... that award goes to The Bazaar...