The Guild Librarian

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Bobokin Augur

It would be nice to have a Guild Librarian that we could put in the guild hall. To make it easy, it could have the same code as the guild bank, but it only accepts scrolls (spells and tomes).

For guilds that still have characters from 1 to 110, it would be really nice to have spells available without them taking up so much space in the guild bank. Our guild hall has a library, so it would be nice to be able to put the Guild Librarian in that location.
    Jumbur, Fenthen, Ozon and 7 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I set up spell houses in my hood. Since each character is allowed 3 plots in a neighborhood you can have one of them from your top classes allocated for spells. An enchanter over enchanter spells in one house, a ranger over ranger ones in a different house etc, or anyone really.

You can restrict access to remove things from houses. You can also be co owner of as many houses as you wish if the guild leader is afraid of someone running off with something.
  3. Bobokin Augur

Those could work to some degree, but a Guild Librarian would fit better into what a guild hall should be.
    Coagagin and Vimto like this.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

It would make sense and free up some space in the normal guild bank. Between Celestra's earring items and Kor'Sha tradeskill items these Guild Banks are leaning on the full side.

@CatsPaws Seen people extend those same houses to pet toys (armor, focus and weapons as well as some crafted weapons) for pet caster use.

- Coag
  5. Bobokin Augur

This is especially important for guilds with lower level players.

It would be nice to get the spells out of the regular guild bank.
  6. TYBARIS Journeyman

Kinda off Topic but it would be nice if there was a NPC that we could Hail and request buffs like shaman,enchanter, ranger and so on. Was just a thought.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Would be a nice feature.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Lets make it a clicky to summon the buff NPC so we don't have to come back to PoK also.
  9. Jiggs Elder

In my guild we have someone who set up a "Guild" house and put sets of pet summoned stuff, stat food and drink, rogue poison drops and dps potions. It is actually his property, but he can change their access to be able to take out and place items in the property

He has to adjust the "access" list for mains in the guild every so often based on who has joined or left lately. Works really well.

No reason the same cannot be done with spells, etc.
    Ozon, Wdor and Tatanka like this.
  10. Vimto New Member

I would like it if you could buy a complete set of level spells in a single book. Something like "level 95 enchanter" spells, one book to buy instead of each seperate. Would save having to look up a list every time you need them.
    Ozon likes this.
  11. Bobokin Augur

There are other ideas here, but I was just looking at having a "Guild Librarian" as a second guild bank (almost same code) but only allow spells and tomes. Not only would it allow more space in the guild bank, but it would be more immersive having the Librarian in the library of the guild hall.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I always like posts such as this, because they share something >we can do right now< to accomplish what we desire.

Desired features are great to share on the forums, but we have to face the fact that 99+% of them will never get implemented.
  13. Bobokin Augur

Most of the code is already there for the Guild Banker. It isn't like we are asking for a new zone.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There's a 1600+ response thread about QoL improvements, MANY of which wouldn't take much effort to implement. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to be implemented. It's just the way it is with a late-stage game with a shrinking development base.

Besides, even if they did implement this eventually, Jiggs' suggestion can be used >today< to help free up guild bank space.
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  15. Verily Tjark Augur

You were one hell of a wrestler, just sayin.
  16. Bobokin Augur

I understand. I brought this up in there some time ago.

I appreciate the reply, but we already share housing for some items, and that is both a pain in the backside and uses housing space that could be used for other items. The guild hall is for the guild's use; houses are not meant to be.

Unlike many QoL suggestions, most of the code is already in place for this one. It basically uses a second guild banker with a limit on deposit type.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, thanks for bringing up a fun memory......

For several years early in EQ, I'd get random tells referring to wrestling, and I had nary a clue as to what they were talking about. Finally, one guy wanted to really get into my fandom of Tatanka, and he's the one who clued me in.

My EQ name came about because as I rolled this first char, the appearance reminded me of plains indians, and being a big fan of a certain movie set in the plains.... well, that's how I got the name :)
    Wdor likes this.
  18. Zamiam Augur

It is a great movie , one of my fav's.. :p
  19. Bobokin Augur

So for you, it would be more like dancing rather than wrestling?
    Tatanka likes this.
  20. Bobokin Augur

It would be nice to have a Guild Librarian that we could put in the guild hall. To make it easy, it could have the same code as the guild bank, but it only accepts scrolls (spells and tomes).

For guilds that still have characters from 1 to 110, it would be really nice to have spells available without them taking up so much space in the guild bank. Our guild hall has a library, so it would be nice to be able to put the Guild Librarian in that location.