The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ptah, Dec 15, 2017.

1. ptah Augur

So with the opening of RoS just a few days behind us, I ask the my fellow players to share adventures post Dec10.

-- the good?
    -- the bad?
    -- the ugly?

Shared the adventures.. that named camp? HA? Dare to share the VP adventure? Need not to role play.. as we are gamers but if someone wants to punt the gnome or smell troll socks.. fair game. Or maybe someone backed up and just grinded xp or past quest win that was trouble.

Tx
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

hehe, I'll start, and set the bar VERY low, so everyone else can keep building on top of that.....

Dinged 106 a few minutes after logging in on the 12th, got my new spells, and then updated my spellsets for that. Nowhere near ready to be in RoS, I put my new DoT rotation to work in EoK, and learned a new trick or two, and have doubled my AAs during a Lesson :)

Like I said, low bar. Everyone else, have at it!

Tat
  3. Khur Sed New Member

I've just finished leveling to 110, and I'm a bit disappointed at how hard it was. 109 was a heck of a hell level.

The named felt really hard, and I'm raid geared, I can't imagine someone in group gear doing that well.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Did you mean how hard it wasn’t? 106-109, was really fast doing EoK HA’s, and while 109 was slower it still seemed like I got the 5 levels done much faster overall than in eras past. 3 evenings of maybe 4 hours a night of killing. Definitely easier vs 90-95, 95-100, 100-105, etc.

To the OP:

Good: I logged in, purchased the Dark Lord’s Unity AA line, cast it, then had to go afk for a moist towelette to cleanup the happygasm.
    Bad: cheevespam from people clicking 23357354 shinies banked
    Ugly: some classes losing 20k hp on ding, TS items that wouldn’t combine, and the 110 rez bug
    Hiladdar and IblisTheMage like this.
  5. Cleaver Augur

took way too long to hit 110.
  6. Bahdah Augur

Wish we had more hell levels.
    The rez bug should stay in for all players imo :) /duck
    DruidCT and Kohnn like this.
  7. Horyuken Augur

Bad, Having to pull trains and deal with spin stun for groups while they just click deflection.
    Good, playing with people again.
    Hiladdar and Metanis like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

The good: Being in a great guild. Hitting 110 relatively quickly. Being able to explore (with my game changing shroud of stealth :p). Helping others out on leveling and exploring. Doing things that people on this message board keep saying is impossibru to do. The funny way the cockatrices sit there and look at the tank when my intimidation stun locks them.

The bad: Still having kinks to work out. Watching guildies having to suffer with the rez xp bug. My shared stealth not working as described.

The ugly: People on this message board whining that stuff is impossibru to do, when we, on Vox, with no EoK raid guild or EoK raid gear, are doing things like progression, fighting cacti, crawling through HS, and hanging out in Gorowyn.
  9. Tucoh Augur

The good: Group content being tough again, I'm really having to tighten up a lot of things. Server performance is perfect, no downtime or lag.

The bad: The vampires in Skyfire making me drunk is kind of dumb. I feel for any groups that don't have bards to sunrise the drunkenness away. There is a spot in Paineel forest where my group's vomit is from drinking ogre swill to level up alcohol tolerance while I watched Punisher.

The ugly: Some of the bugs people are suffering through suck, but it's typical for a game release and is kind of the price of admission if you're going hardcore on release.

The only thing I'll say is that the depth of content is kind of thin. I don't know how many designers there are assigned to level / mob creation, but it feels like just a couple designers should be able to pump out a dozen zones a year with the simplicity we see in EQ.
    Hiladdar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

The first few days, I got my face kicked in and hated RoS. I couldn't do the 2nd partisan quest - fought for hours in Howling Stones trying to get to the Arisen teir`dal in the very back of the zone. HS is full of > 110 mobs, which I can't fade or mez. This pretty much broke my playstyle, because I thought I could still pull or survive if I just tried. After 2 hours we wiped halfway through the zone, I ran into 2 golems + a pather, none of which I could mez or split, and died. I then spent about 30 mins trying to jetpack sneak into the end of the zone and rez, that didn't work either. So we gave up and went to find someplace to camp for xp.

OT has the very attractive "tank with no weapons" DS and "pull mobs that snare" funtimes, so I went to Skyfire. I had 0 idea of where to camp, so we set up by the undead/rats near Scorched Woods. This was definitely did not pick the right place, because stuff pathed on top of me, I couldn't mez, the NPCs made me drunk, and we wiped quickly. Tried again in the middle of the zone, in a place that looked empty. Nope, pathers everywhere. Died again. Went to the VP zoneline, finally had some success. Eventually I went AFK and when I came back had died to 100k armageddon awesomeness.

My mage friend had the bright idea of logging in an ENC, who get mez to 113 at 106. The difference once the ENC joined the group was light and day. We stopped wiping regularly and were able to pull multiples without things getting iffy (group geared SHD). From there on was smooth sailing.

Here's a graph of my deaths over time since RoS release.
    I played 2 hours Thursday night, 5 hours Friday, 14h Saturday (the ENC joins the group at ~4pm) and 6 hours Sunday.
    [IMG]

The bard is the most frequently dead person with 37 total deaths, followed by the shadowknight with 25, cleric with 14, mage with 8, and enc with only 1 death. The expansion feels totally doable now.
  11. Vlerg Augur

the good: people logging in once again. not having to box an entire army to get anything done.

the bad: fire immune stuff everywhere... and one named in gorowyn with 100% spell reflect that I haven't been able to dispell.

the ugly: well, I'm happy i'm not on Xegony right now... the VP key campis probably awfull on that server.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

My bard is definitely looking forward to getting to 109 so he can split mobs in ways that don't involve him dying :D
  13. Zebrn Journeyman

As a data scientist, I approve of this post. Very good stuff and great read!
  14. Razorfall Augur

The Good: New stuff to do to kill the boredom
    The Bad: I play several hybrids so I am greatly affected by the rez bug.
    The Ugly: having to pay full price for an expansion that should have been included with the last expansion
    Hiladdar likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

That is why, as a rogue, I raced to 110, so I could get my new bomb. Been pretty effective so far, with some mobs immune to it. Came in handy in Howling Stones last night with the group I was with when we were doing second OT partisan.
  16. Thrillho Augur

The Good: New challenges!
    The Bad: New challenges :/
    The Ugly: New challenges :(

Some of these challenges are great. I've been trying most of this stuff with just a merc, and it's provided me with a lot of opportunity to try new things and to push how far I can play my toon. Lots of dying, but lots of "I GOT IT!" too. Tonight's attempt will be to molo the OT mission :). I expect to lose a few % along the way.

Some of these are a bit frustrating though. Poorly designed and poorly executed. Still doable, just a bit frustrating.

And some are just... well, you'll see.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  17. Horyuken Augur

Thrillho I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're not an Iksar monk.....
  18. Thrillho Augur

Why would I play anything other than an iksar monk?
    DaciksBB likes this.
  19. Horyuken Augur

Nice! I was going to try that mission molo, but I was waiting for the Rez fix. You sir live closer to the edge than me!
  20. Natal Augur

So, basically what you are saying is that unless you have a chanter in a preferably full group you are screwed?

Awesome. With current server populations that means the game dies.
    Hiladdar likes this.