The froglok shin lord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kailow, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Kailow New Member

there some trick to getting this guy to drop the ghoulbane for my fiery avenger? 40 hours of camping him doesn't sound right.
  2. Kiaro Augur

If you think this is rough, wait until you have to do the Lich turn in.
  3. Kailow New Member

can't you just force a pick to spawn to get lich?
  4. Kylo Classic Augur

They have bonus at 0.76%, so it'll be longer to get.
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  5. Kiaro Augur

You can, I mean, on Aradune I'd figure there would be 15 or so picks of Upper Guk spawned, would take some invis pots but you know, just keep killing his PH :D
  6. Arog Augur

But isn't there also an increase in rare spawns of 76%?
  7. Kylo Classic Augur

8. Kittany Augur

I think it took me close to 20 hours to finally get my paladin her Ghoulbane. Good news is, I've got a lot of bracers. Good luck!
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  9. sumnayin2 Augur

LOL. I logged on to an empty camp. Killed the PH and got Shin Lord with a GB on the first respawn a few days ago.
  10. BlingBling Journeyman

I think I know who you are in game as I was speaking with you right after it happened!

I've spent 20+ hours there so far for my pally and same story, tons of bracers. One of the problems is they created a quest for this that we can't do right now, and it would help a ton with the fact GB is no drop...

And there is typically 2-4 picks of Uguk at any given time, Lord is farmed 90% of the time in those. In fact most picks have someone waiting behind the current person. At this rate if a Ghoulbane only drops once or so a day, even an average of 3 picks open (Sometimes it closes down to 1 pick during AM EST) that's 35ish GB's a week, so there probably isn't even 150 GB's on the whole server and there's not only hundreds of paladins, there is three times as many SK's that are prepping for their epic. Not even half the people camping it are Pally's...

If they would just make the quest active, this bottleneck goes away in classic for Paladins and is a none issue.
  11. Maze Elder

Damn yall unlucky.

I walked into guk this morning, he had sword, I ebolted him, and sold the LR for 5kr
  12. BlingBling Journeyman

Yeah man it's a RNG game. You got super lucky. Had a friend walk into CT in the AOF room today and got a rubi bp within 5 mins... Doesn't mean it's going to happen to all of us, haha.

Lord is traditionally not a fun camp anyways, but it seems pretty bad on this server. I've been offering to buy the LR in multiple picks and even cut a deal with someone who farmed it for 15 hours a day for 2 straight days and they never got one at all.

Welcome to Everquest! Except they made this item no drop and added a quest. But the quest has been taken away just for Classic where it's bottlenecked, haha.
  13. jeskola pheerie

I camped him for two days at 9 hours per day, then went to set up for day 3 and he was up with the sword.
  14. Xhartor Augur

Just kill Joren Nobleheart in Felwithe, he drop Ghoulbane a 100% of the time.
  15. Kittany Augur

That's just dirty. Charging $99.95 for a piece of loot that's just gonna rot away in 10 minutes.
  16. Coppercoz Augur

Looking at Alla, I don't think he is an option until Kunark drops. I'd hazard a guess everyone on this thread is Riz/Aradune.

I could be wrong.
  17. jeskola pheerie

You are correct
  18. Maze Elder

I've been helping people with the necro KS bots sitting at Lord all day. We got 1 GB, but it was Zaide on his SSF character. Went another 15-20 kills with just bracers.