The forum is giving me problems to select words to copy and paste

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SmoochyOfWolfington, Apr 20, 2020.

1. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Finally (Three problems posted in three separate threads all at the same time to help the "reading" of them... ^^! ) this website and this website alone, has been giving me problems from when I first joined of copying and pasting or more to the point, holding the mouse button down and swiping to select/make the words blue. Some times it works, some times it does not. I do not have this problem with any word document or other online forum. It makes it very hard to adjust a post before submitting. Does anyone possibly know the cause and or solution, besides typing everything some where else and then transplanting it here? Thank you.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

Browser? Apps loaded? EQ also running in the background? Mouse settings or driver? From your other thread where if you had /consider with a NPC then it goes away, it was either due to the game losing focus, the mouse settings, or even the mouse software itself. The other is that the switch in the mouse is going.

And this and other issues, have you been playing for a number of years, and did the issues just recently started?
    1. Reboot computer. By default Windows 10 systems are setup to install device drivers and software and a reboot may be needed. Or the install was furbar.
    2. Unplug the mouse and plug it back into a different USB port
    3. Exit the mouse software in the system tray.
    4. Completely uninstall mouse software and mouse driver
    5. Test with another mouse, if available.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

This occurred from day one of joining the forums. But again it is only these forums. Not that I have a lot that I go to, but YouTube and Steam I am having no issues. The same could be said that when I quote some one, it seems like half the time the text is extremely dark. Or the font sizes will change at random times, although it may be due to an edit and I am not talking about what I am quoting is different, just what I had typed.

Again it only happens here. I have restarted my laptop since the problem yes, but not as recent as you posting no. I shall try that again in the future and report back. Not sure about the whole mouse driver thing, but I shall look into that. Just odd it is only self contained to these forums and the problem to EQ... o_O

And I do have another mouse, as much as I loathe to use it. I got sucked into the whole hype of the fancy macro doo-hickies the young ones are using these days and find it appalling. It's not confusing, just irritating. The blasted confounded thing glows all different distracting colors. And to top it off it was more expensive than my normal mouse, but has a shorter cord! WTF!? o_O And yes I prefer corded stuff, from my game controllers to my mice. ^^!
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

(chuckles) I preferred wired also. Even a mouse that you can do macros on is a basic mouse until one starts adding those macros/profiles. And trying a different mouse, if available, is more of a troubleshooting step, especially if there are issues not just on these forums but also in-game.