The Fear Is Gone...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nick687, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Bailen Augur

I don't miss that fear anymore. It still sucks dying, but knowing that I won't be completely f'ed if I make a major mistake or go into an area that is high risk and die is not a bad thing. I feel like I can explore different parts of the game more freely now. Yesterday I needed to go into the Ocean of Tears to get some spells for my mage. It was nice knowing that if I died while trying to sneak past the goblins with invis, I wouldn't be stuck having to get my corpse out of there.
  2. Urshulgi Augur

yeah, it's trivial now. Back when I was doing it in 2000, the zone in wasn't safe, and you had to run around zone using on the wall because you didn't want to risk aggroing anything through a building. Pathing is much better now, and aggro range is reduced significantly. Old plane of hate was a huge pain in the , and no one was five boxing it.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Be sarcastic if you want, but there is truth to what you said. I have pretty crappy gear overall. If I can 5 box Hate, any group of characters at 50, with any level of gear, can start an instance and clear the Hate trash in 6 hours. It's good money, too.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, I remember. Our instructions were, "Zone in and run along the wall to the safe spot. If you get aggro AT ALL stand and die." And on my first trip I got aggro immediately. "How is a rat hitting me for 200?" :)
  5. Macterna New Member

Sounds like an idea for a new TLP server. Corpse Run server! I doubt that would be a big hit.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

5 people and they'd quit within the first month.