The exp needs to be increased on Phinny.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Healiez, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Healiez Augur

I was really excited about playing on phinny.

After about 40 minutes of killing I realized I was only 2 yellow into level 2. The fact that getting from level 1-10 was going to take probably upwards of 12-15 hours completely killed the appeal of the game to me.

I understand some people want the exp to be slow, and im fine with that. however lengthen it across the later levels as opposed to early ones. The later levels arent as bad when there is some interaction between you and your toon other than hitting Q and waiting for you to connect enough to kill the mob.
  2. Bobbydomino Elder

They're hell levels. You have no skills, no buffs, no group.
    Don't give up, it gets significantly better fast.

I tracked the last 9 hours of playtime.. Not running around and stuff. 9 hours of grouping killing yellows/reds. Exp potion for 3 1/2 hours.

This resulted in 5 1/2 levels.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  3. Nickatropolis Augur

actually that's how it is for everyone. Some people are just not capable of finding groups.
  4. Garcielle Journeyman

The XP rate is ok for me, could be better solo..but no biggy. Though I have noticed, with a decreased xp rate, the gap between the Sock Poopers and regular Casual players does widen.
  5. Nickatropolis Augur

There's a difference between "Casual" and "Noob" ... most casual players arne't newb and know not to waste their time grinding blue mobs.
  6. MBear Augur

Blue mobs on this server are like Phylactory.
  7. Garcielle Journeyman

Meant to post this here.

I do think that if the XP rate being slow, causes the population/Cash Flow to decrease, DBG would consider increasing the XP rate. I think that it is very possible, with the XP rate as it currently is on Phenigel, population will decline.

It does not matter if I prefer a slower or faster rate. Society is faster paced now, people have less patience, are more busy, etc, and newer games have people accustomed to faster xp rates.

Things are adjusted in games all the time after launch. I think this will be.

Just my opinion.