The EverQuest Show / Vinyl

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I played for a long time yesterday ~ early morning. I slept 6 hrs.. woke up to see The EverQuest Show partners with EQ for a special announcement.

The YouTube video is 22 hrs new.

Sold out!

Who thought of only making a few copies to purchase for the thousands of players?

How could I have seen this 22 hr old video when I'm playing the game.

Thanks for the announcement.
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Daybreak take our money!
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

While we are at it.
    #ActionFigures!
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There seems to be quite a bit of pent up demand for EverQuest memorabilia.

EQ's 10th Anniversary Book is $200+ on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/EverQuest-Anniversary-Collectors-Rusel-DeMaria/dp/0744010683

I don't think they should oversaturate the market though. Limit edition/release items has a lot of appeal without the risk of sitting on inventory.

Would be cool to see:

• Expansion Boxes (Limited edition boxes with goodies for expansion release).
    • Maps (Cloth)
    • Art Prints
    • Books
    • Coins
    • Jewelry (Pendants, Rings)
    Zamiam and Skuz like this.
  5. Fading Illusion Augur

Just a couple things here...

If you are an EQ Show subscriber, you get an alert when the latest episode is published. It's a perk of being a fan of the show, supporting a very intensive project (that takes about 100 hours to produce per episode) and potentially being the first for announcements like this.

As for additional EQ merch...I can neither confirm nor deny that there will be more. =)

Fading
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  6. Fading Illusion Augur

7. dreamweaver Community Manager

There were also announcements on our social channels, on the forums, website, and discord.
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think the limited edition thing is a good idea for some things, but be nice to have other stuff have a couple of editions.

As far as the Vinyls, I've seen people who say they no longer even play boast they got one (and for the life of them don't know why but they just had to have it).

So I think there's a demand for this stuff even beyond the current players.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  9. Captain Video Augur

I know it's a thing for some people to get all excited about vinyl, it's like they want to wear the stuff... but what I would really love to see is to get the entire collection of EQ tracks on Pandora/Spotify. Good promo for the game, and DBG would actually get paid a little for the royalties. Of course I know it won't happen...
    MarcusD and Pelrond like this.
  10. Nniki Augur

Never know... they did put up an original soundtrack album on Spotify.

Here's their account:
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/3MLRUbfCmPpBIcAim5YKf7
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

..and how many were made? How many items for sale.

How many players are they
  12. Nniki Augur

There were 250 Standard, 150 Mez Spell, 100 Field of Bone, and 100 Nagafen for a total of 600.

I'm sure a lot fewer than 600 players got one though between collectors and those buying them to resell (there was already a listing on eBay before they sold out).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Wow. That dude on Ebay is reselling the $30 vinyl for $298. He sold 2 (possibly at a different price) already.
  14. Nniki Augur

It looks like he was preparing the listing before they even went up for sale to the public. He has a bunch of records for sale. Makes me wonder if he works for a company that makes them.
    MarcusD and Benito like this.
  15. Password1234 Augur

I doubt it, record scalpers are a big thing. Every record store day you'll have people showing up just for the purpose of flipping stuff online and it has nothing to do with any nefarious insider info stuff. They probably just felt confident that they would be able to get their hands on enough copies because a million other scalpers were probably not paying attention to EverQuest (or aware of it, even).
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

While I agree scalpers are often the likely culprits, Nniki's link shows that the individual prepped the listing on July 10. Though, the history may also mean he just edited an old listing (for another product) to avoid Ebay fees.
  17. Nniki Augur

Fading also already had one up on his wall in the video, so there must have been some sent out / available early.
    [IMG]
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Fading Illusion Augur

I don't believe any were given out early, that I know of.

Mine was given to me directly by Holly when I visited Daybreak last year (That's how long I've been sitting on it).

Fading
    Tigonus, Fenthen, Herodotus and 2 others like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It’s also possible that they pressed a number of non-serialized vinyls. They could be printer’s proof or hors commerce (typically given to employees or contributors).
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Where on these forums?
    I don't do Twitter, I only just joined Discord (EQ Channel).

How long of a notice did we get in these forums?

Next time, do an In-Game announcement. I don't troll these forums to watch for upcoming things when I play the game.
    I just find it unfair that only a few copies ( what? 300?) were made and it is sold out soon as I see any news about these.
    Zamiam likes this.