The entire 18th anniversary task is posted a day before it goes live.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YellowBelly, Mar 15, 2017.

1. YellowBelly Augur

The entire 18th anniversary task is posted a day before it goes live on a certain website. Can the devs possibly skip putting these tasks on test so we can work through them ourselves?

Or maybe the webset in question could a hold on posting this stuff. We know you love the adsense money but come on.
    WorriedinNorrath likes this.
  2. Sancus Augur

... Don't read it?

Anniversary quests are notoriously buggy even after being put up on test; I wouldn't want to see them with 0 testing. As far as websites posting info, no one forces you to read it. It seems rather selfish to ask for no one to have access to the information because you don't want to know before hand.
  3. Coronay Augur

Sancus is absolutely correct. But don't worry! No one here will ever force you to use a write up!
  4. Tucoh Augur

Hi YellowBelly, thank you for asking for writeups. Here's what I found:
    http://special.eqresource.com/18thanniversary.php
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8480
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8476
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8481
    Thancra likes this.
  5. WorriedinNorrath Elder

6. Mesc Old Soul

Stop trying to wreck everything for everyone else. If you don't like it don't read it!
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

If you find malware you should better close your other tabs on your browser with your p.o.r.n. sites..
    Thancra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I'm talking about one of the two EQ websites Tucoh posted. I never said anything about other tabs. Are you a little slow or something?
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Do you have any proof to back up your accusation?
    Thancra, Gyurika Godofwar and Coronay like this.
  10. Thrillho Augur

I can understand the appeal to not having a guide out - being among the first to beat it, to be able to figure something out with a group / guild, to help others out on the server who are stuck with a part. You want to be surrounded by people who aren't already in the know. Unfortunately, you're not going to get much of that playing on Live. You'll get more of it playing on Test, or Beta for new expansions when it's available. The only option for you right now is to not read the guides. Doesn't give you the full experience, I know, but it's the best you can do on Live.

There need to be tests done by those who aren't developing it. The devs don't have time to do it, and even if they did, they're going to run it the proper way. "Well of course you kill this boss + adds, loot that key, and unlock that door" - meanwhile, someone may have killed the boss first and adds second, not getting a key for some reason. Now you've got a live event that's only available for X weeks that's busted. Personally I haven't run any of this year's anniversary tasks, but I heard there is already a problem with one of them requiring you to run it again.

There are too many things that can, and do, go wrong. That's why there's Test. That's why there's Beta. We can run these things thousands of different ways simply because we're all different. It's a necessity.
    Fanra and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Riou EQResource

Another thing to consider is that a lot of people don't want to figure out quests and that on their own and wont even try content without them, this is pretty common in MMO's for like 10+ years now

Along with the just don't look at guides you could play on Test where they exist with no guides before Live :p
    Thancra, Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  12. Vdidar Augur

I will not
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yep I am one of those. RL is too busy for me to be figuring out quests I scramble just to have time to do them. More power to those that do figure them out though they are getting fewer and fewer.

Personally I wish Daybreak make a feed available to EQResource with the info.

Thank you to everyone out there that does figure out the quests and provide them to the third party sites.
    Fanra and Riou like this.
  14. Drakang Augur

Hmm I guess no 18th Anniversary raid.
  15. Riou EQResource

People keep thinking the Hardcore Heritage Sebilis zone (+ its raid) is 18th Anniversary :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

lol this volunteer revives no money from the site I gathered the info for from test and another volunteer posted it.
  17. smash Augur

Well if u do find malware on 1 of them. Then maybe write which 1?
  18. smash Augur

Maybe u should not read it?-
  19. Aghinem Augur

So work through quests yourself. I don't see anyone holding a gun to your head, forcing you to venture to these websites and looking up the info.
  20. john5 Lorekeeper

Incredible- you don't know the top two resource and info sites for EQ. Do you even play? They might even be the only two that update regularly.

he said, not bothering to read the thread and see the same thing has already been stated numerous times... sometimes signaling for attention matters more than reason.....